Diplomatic_Means's trivia - Page 3

--
Boots

February 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

The Brits used it (khaki uniform) starting in 1848 in India.
February 2nd, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Was that during a war? Cuz that's not the answer I have in my book.
February 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

What's the year in your book? There was almost always a border dispute or regional rebellion that the British were involved in in India.
--
Boots
February 2nd, 2004  
diplomatic_means

If I say the year you will figure out the war, but I promise this is an actual war, not a dispute or rebellion. I can't say much about the war cuz i don't know much about it.
February 2nd, 2004  
D_Plus_One

Boer War?
February 3rd, 2004  
diplomatic_means

nope. Finally found a hard one. If no one can get it in the next couple days I'll post the answer and a new question.
February 3rd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Are you sure your book is right? I came up with the Boer War too, according to this
http://freepages.military.rootsweb.c...dson/khaki.htm

Quote:
Surprisingly it was not until 1885 that the entire army in India followed suit. It then took fifteen years before the British military adopted the uniform - referred to as KD, Khaki Drill - to fight the Boer War. Khaki has since, of course, been used by armies throughout the world.
EDIT: Or is it the Kaffir War in South Africa during 1851?
February 3rd, 2004  
diplomatic_means

This was before the Boer war and it wasn't the Kaffir war.
February 3rd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

The American Revolution. All that desert fighting sure warented some drastic style changes :P
February 4th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Then Paul Revere would have yelled "The mudcoats are coming, the mudcoats are coming!"

Ok after much digging I haven't gotten a definate answer, but the closest I came is the Crimea War.