When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat? (AP)

I'd rather have the "barely literate savages" think that we don't find events like that worthy of any celebration, just another day at work for the SEAL team, to pot a terrorist should be normal practise.

Those who make an epic fail (the shoe-bomber and the premature suicide-bombers) on the other hand should be celebrated and make the headlines on frontpage worldwide.
"Sorry, you messed up, no paradise and no virgins for you!" :firedevi:

Didn't they actually make headlines worldwide? How else do we know about them?

Well, those who messed up is the ones we should celebrate, it could have some kind of influence on potential terrorists in the future.
Showing them that they may end up as the laughing stock of the entire western world if they mess up, and that they run the risk of being "martyr-wannabe's" instead of real martyrs could make them reconsider wasting their life.

The one big advantage they wield over our politicians, representatives etc.
is the use of the natural skill at which they head us by miles - cunning.

The old advice still holds good for those who wish to keep their heads - 'Never get involved in Arab politics'; I believe that even Lawrence of Arabia confirmed his belief that those might take a century to sort out, if ever.

Well, those who messed up is the ones we should celebrate, it could have some kind of influence on potential terrorists in the future.
Showing them that they may end up as the laughing stock of the entire western world if they mess up, and that they run the risk of being "martyr-wannabe's" instead of real martyrs could make them reconsider wasting their life.

Or encourage them to train better to avoid such a scenario. Juss' sayin'.

There is no besting fundamentalism. You cannot eradicate ideology. The metric that fuels the machine has no real logic, so there is no logic to betray. Sadly, if we erased every terrorist in the world today, one will be born tomorrow.

Though, I do admit that your post brought up mental visions of Jeff Dunham and Achmed, the dead Terrorist. That may be the funniest stuff I have ever watched. YouTube it. It never gets old!

The one big advantage they wield over our politicians, representatives etc.
is the use of the natural skill at which they head us by miles - cunning.

The old advice still holds good for those who wish to keep their heads - 'Never get involved in Arab politics'; I believe that even Lawrence of Arabia confirmed his belief that those might take a century to sort out, if ever.
Many of our Pollies do share one of their traits though,... Treachery.

Google, "The Frog and the Scorpion"

Many of our Pollies do share one of their traits though,... Treachery.

Interesting traits, these.
Consider these two traits. Close? Not in my opinion. I see cunning :thumb: as often a thumbs- up; treachery :shock: as always a very dark thumbs- down.

But I see the strategies of the first as the greater danger in today's world.

Can we rise to the challenge?

And if it is your perception that you/we are dealing with 'barely literate savages' the fight you talk about will be next to impossible to win. #1 error since colonial times is to see your opponent as back ward, no-brainers....

No one said they aren't as cunning as ****-house rats. However, the average taliban can't even lace his boots and are mostly illiterate. Garnted, there a few tech-savvy ones in the mob.

No one said they aren't as cunning as ****-house rats. However, the average taliban can't even lace his boots and are mostly illiterate. Garnted, there a few tech-savvy ones in the mob.

The proof that you are incorrect in your assumptions is easily proved.

When America's forefathers revolted against England, the average citizen was illiterate (ie: couldn't even lace his own boots). Like the Taliban, there were a few leaders who were NOT illiterate, who were learned in a variety of fields. It was because of those leaders and because of the patriotism and 'verve' of the illiterate army, that America won it's freedom. Of course, the fact that there was an ocean between America and England contributed to England's downfall. When the supply lines are overextended, an army is more easily defeated.

The major difference in modern times, is the fact that the supply lines that the Taliban have to depend on are relatively short. What could ultimately defeat the Taliban, is the fact they face a foe who is armed with modern weapons and information networks. IEDs only and smoke signals/flashing mirrors only go so far ... and ... the usage of suicide bombers is counterproductive.

Bottom line: No matter whether the average citizen is illiterate or not, will seldom determine whether determined people can win a war of attrition.

The proof that you are incorrect in your assumptions is easily proved.

When America's forefathers revolted against England, the average citizen was illiterate (ie: couldn't even lace his own boots). Like the Taliban, there were a few leaders who were NOT illiterate, who were learned in a variety of fields. It was because of those leaders and because of the patriotism and 'verve' of the illiterate army, that America won it's freedom. Of course, the fact that there was an ocean between America and England contributed to England's downfall. When the supply lines are overextended, an army is more easily defeated.

The major difference in modern times, is the fact that the supply lines that the Taliban have to depend on are relatively short. What could ultimately defeat the Taliban, is the fact they face a foe who is armed with modern weapons and information networks. IEDs only and smoke signals/flashing mirrors only go so far ... and ... the usage of suicide bombers is counterproductive.

Bottom line: No matter whether the average citizen is illiterate or not, will seldom determine whether determined people can win a war of attrition.

Enter proposed 5th generation warfare.

I can't elaborate much, so I will say adieu and get the lights on my way out.

Enter proposed 5th generation warfare.

I can't elaborate much, so I will say adieu and get the lights on my way out.

This post is very interesting to me; but I don't know what it means, and I would like to .

Any chance of elucidation?:)

Back