Bin Laden Killed in US ground operation outside Islamabad

I think that they were preparing the possibility to capture him. If they had an opportunity to take him alive they would have done it. But in this mission, or any other military operation, personal safety comes first. When you kick in a door you only have a split second to assess the situation and react.

CHIEF BONES

You are insisting upon putting words into my mouth and disrespecting me in continuing to do so, having been warned. Show me anywhere on this forum where i have been anything but the best friend USA could have. Show me one item.

Don't smear me with your dodgy scenario. I have shown you my posts on this subject, which were there to be read, you should follow the narrative. I have been very patient.

As far as I was concerned Seno was making the point that his description was the fate OBL truly deserved. My mild joke was not that USA had done that, but that they certainly owed him it.

I have already told you you have me competely wrong and you have continued to point the finger.

Withdraw and apologise.

CHIEF BONES:-

A sad moment for me. Having received no apology for the manner of your loud, low shot, completely misdirected and undeserved by me, what has been lost as far as I am concerned is your honour and my respect of you.

Del Boy.

Comments were NOT humorous to me ...

CHIEF BONES:-

A sad moment for me. Having received no apology for the manner of your loud, low shot, completely misdirected and undeserved by me, what has been lost as far as I am concerned is your honour and my respect of you.

Del Boy.

DB ...

Do you REALLY think I give a damn about your or Seno's hurt feelings???

I responded to 'what was posted' in ONE single post ... not to all of your other posts. I do NOT read every little post in every thread - I sometimes have to skip whole blocks of posts because I belong to so many forums, that I can't read every post that is made - it would require way too many hours.

You made a comment (which you say was made in a humorous way), that I did NOT view with ANY humor at all. That one comment is what I responded to. If my answer isn't a good enough answer for you ... TOUGH CRAPOLA. Grow up ..... we all have disappointments in our life.

BTW - Your disrespectful comments, put your own honor in question where I am concerned. I will place my honor up against yours ANY day. My honor (just for the military alone), covers 20+ years of honorable service (some of which was combat related) - how about your's??? Add to that, the fact that I have worked in the civilian world, on a job where I was responsible for the safety of 100s of individuals and for the security of millions of dollars of assets. As far as honor, I let my life experience speak for me .. DO YOU - better yet CAN YOU??? ..... I keep forgetting you are a member of the 'lost' generation - I guess you can't help being disrespectful to your elders.

Ahhh, there lies the root of the problem Delboy, he freely admits that he jumps in without knowing the full context of what is being discussed and what led to the post concerned.

Umm you guys do know that if just one of you let this go we could possibly move on with the Bin Laden discussion?

DB ...

ou made a comment (which you say was made in a humorous way), that I BTW - Your disrespectful comments, put your own honor in question where I am concerned. I will place my honor up against yours ANY day. My honor (just for the military alone), covers 20+ years of honorable service (some of which was combat related) - how about your's??? Add to that, the fact that I have worked in the civilian world, on a job where I was responsible for the safety of 100s of individuals and for the security of millions of dollars of assets. As far as honor, I let my life experience speak for me .. DO YOU - better yet CAN YOU??? ..... I keep forgetting you are a member of the 'lost' generation - I guess you can't help being disrespectful to your elders.

Well young man - I guess I'll take that as just about as much of an apology as you can muster, being perhaps just a little off kilter.

In view of your lack of experience I am going to forgive on that basis.

Free to go Chief, but take it easy in future - when you are old enough you will be big enough.:salute:

MONTYB.

Thank you - but I'm done, no problem, just a little lack of politeness to deal with.

Some say the glass is half empty,

Some say half full....

Our glass is at 50% capacity....

Still work to do,

But still awhole lot done...

Shame they didn't bother to get the story right to start with, instead of keep changing it. First of all a woman was shot acting a human shield, now they say she wasn't acting as a sheild, but just got caught in the crossfire.

It was just the same with the botched hostage rescue, same squad.

They also say he didn't surrender but wasn't armed, does this make sense? Presumably he didn't put his hands up so they shot him? Seems to me there was not a serious attempt to take him alive. Whilst I realise this doesn't seem important to the gung ho squad, it could still be technically illegal. It's not worth giving these terrorists any moral ammunition. Remember his family saw what happened and will subsequently report it, and presumably it is all recorded.

The rapid disposal of the body, combined with the non release of pictures also encourages the conspiracy theorists. An impersonator is all it would take for the most infamous 'resurrection' for 2000 years!

Last edited:
Shame they didn't bother to get the story right to start with, instead of keep changing it. First of all a woman was shot acting a human shield, now they say she wasn't acting as a sheild, but just got caught in the crossfire.

They also say he didn't surrender but wasn't armed, does this make sense? Presumably he didn't put his hands up so they shot him? Seems to me there was not a serious attempt to take him alive. Whilst I realise this doesn't seem important to the gung ho squad, it could still be technically illegal. It's not worth giving these terrorists any moral ammunition. Remember his family saw what happened and will subsequently report it, and presumably it is all recorded.

The rapid disposal of the body, combined with the non release of pictures also encourages the conspiracy theorists. An impersonator is all it would take for the most infamous 'resurrection' for 2000 years!

What do you know about it? Have you tried to enter a room without knowing if there are ten unarmed men or one armed man in there?

It’s so damn easy to criticize those who were on site and who had to take the decision at a fraction of a second. You've never been in such in situation so do not question what their motives or task was. You were not there. I was not there but I've been through a door without knowing what was behind it. And to call them a gung ho squad is pretty disrespectful.

Out there, a fraction of a second means the difference between life and death - his or yours.

Last edited:

No it wasn´t.
If you are heading up the conspiracy theory path, atleast get simple facts straight..

Get your tinfoilhat back on there mate.
The black chinooks are a coming...

ALOT of this stinks to high heavens.
About the only thing above discussion is actually the actions of the breach Team.
They did the job the way they have trained all their lives..
Infact those 40 minutes are the only ones in this story that makes sence..haha

KJ sends..

Originally Posted by Chief Bones

DB ...

As far as honor, I let my life experience speak for me .. DO YOU - better yet CAN YOU??? ..... I keep forgetting you are a member of the 'lost' generation - I guess you can't help being disrespectful to your elders.quote ends.

Chief - They sure taught you to shout in the Navy; well, take a lookie, son. I'm at least one whole war ahead of you; trumps shouting loud, don't it.

Title: When I first breathed. Del boy 5 May 2011
Inspired by, and with apologies to, the famous folk song.

Folks, my sincere apologies for taking one more chance to put the record straight for Chief Bones on this issue; it appears off-topic I know, but actually it isn't.
Chief Bones asked the question, after answering I will drop the matter on this thread, hopefully with a bit more understanding being accepted.

When I first breathed in this land
My dad was not a wealthy man.
So I won myself a school
And I did what I could.

And I called my school
My work to rule.
But this land was fine and good
And I did what I could.

So I earned a tiny wage
And I did what I could.
And I called my wage
Just first page.
But this land was fine and good
And I did what I could.
So I got myself a ship
And I did what I could.
And I called my ships
My lucky dips.
Yeh, my land was fine and good
And I did what I could.
I was eighteen in my land;
Did my duty like a man.
And I earned myself a gun
And I did what I could.
And I called my gun
Not much fun.
But my land was fine and good
So I did what I could.
When I came home to my land
I was not a wealthy man.
Then I found a wondrous wife
And I did what I could.

And I called my wife
Love of my life.
Then my land was fine and good
And I did what I could.
Work drove me onward in this land
And I was a successful man
Several sons now, fine and good.
(And beautiful daughters too- don’t get me started).
And I did what I could.

And I called each son
Son of a gun!
Stand back, don’t shoot, this land is good
And I did what I could.
When I have to leave this land
I will leave a happy man
And if it drifts away like sand,
This is where I'll make my stand.

And if you think
What ! Fine and good?
Well I did what I could.

Del Boy.

OK Chief - will that fit for honour and duty . God, Queen and country. Cheers.

Last edited:
Grow up .....

I must have finally got through to you if you are STILL playing the finger pointing game.

Leave the playground .. grow up.

No it wasn´t.
If you are heading up the conspiracy theory path, atleast get simple facts straight..

Get your tinfoilhat back on there mate.
The black chinooks are a coming...

ALOT of this stinks to high heavens.
About the only thing above discussion is actually the actions of the breach Team.
They did the job the way they have trained all their lives..
Infact those 40 minutes are the only ones in this story that makes sence..haha

KJ sends..

Dear god does no one read before shooting their mouths off these days, what he said (the abridged version)...
Discrepancies in the story:
He went down firing has become he was unarmed.
A hostage killed has become a civilian killed in crossfire.

Along with the rapid disposal of the body and no corroborating proof of death aka release of photos will lead to conspiracy theories.

I must have finally got through to you if you are STILL playing the finger pointing game.

Leave the playground .. grow up.

I leave the playground to you,my boy, with great pleasure, reminding you that the pointing finger was yours only.

Last edited:
Dear god does no one read before shooting their mouths off these days, what he said (the abridged version)...
Discrepancies in the story:
He went down firing has become he was unarmed.
A hostage killed has become a civilian killed in crossfire.

Along with the rapid disposal of the body and no corroborating proof of death aka release of photos will lead to conspiracy theories.

I quoted what I contested.
Why did you NOT bring that into your quote?
He said it was the same Team that botched the hostage rescue.
It was not.

Read, understand....Read, understand...Read...

KJ sends..

Sorry ...
Check the mirror little man, it isn't me in the mirror looking back at you.

Sure ain't - I like what I see. Could do with being a bit smaller, though.

Now don't you try to rile me, I've been civil with you, Chief.

Be nice.:D

Last edited:
What's done is done, far as I am concerned, for what those brave SEALs and aircrews and Canine operative (from what I hear) have done, has contributed to helping people the world over who have been affected by extremist brand terrorism sleep a little safer at night.

Sure ain't - I like what I see. Could do with being a bit smaller, though.

Now don't you try to rile me, I've been civil with you, Trout-mouth.

Be nice.:D

Then stop taking shots across my bow.

I answered your posts (even though you took exception to my comments), and tried to back away from this thread .. however, you have decided to keep our disagreement going. You should know by now that I back up for no man.

I trade shot-for-shot.

Back