When China is King - what do you think? - Page 3

View Poll Results :If China is Most Powerful Nation on Earth, how do you feel??
Yes!!! At last!!! 7 20.59%
That's Cool I guess. 4 11.76%
Who Cares? 3 8.82%
Its not gonna change much 7 20.59%
Its a little Scary 5 14.71%
Terrified 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 22nd, 2004  
Doc.S

Well every éra has its end so I dont find it to difficult to see that China will be the next superpower in the world. Every big corporation here in sweden moves down there. Volvo had a record year . To own a Volvo in China is respect. This year 500 Volvos to China. Next year 600 because China is growing like seaweed. They have alot of poor people in China but the living standard for all Chines are crawling forward. Look at the price tag of the steel, look at the oil price, look at the falling dollar, and those idiots that jumped on the euro currency. Europe will fall and China will rise, some Scandinavians as Sweeds, Norway, England we will survive a little bit longer, we all have our own currency. And one more thing look at the Olympics, China are the winners that is all. :

Cheers:
Doc.S

October 22nd, 2004  
Brotchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Good thing, and it will happen soon or later.

World is going to be better every year, isn't it? Therefore no doubt when Chinese are dominating the world, the world would be a better place than at least now.

Saint, I bet you are also from Chinese decent , and outside Singapore you are simply called Chinese in America or Europe, so keepyour ridiculous comments for yourself.
In your dreams Froggy Baby! It's not gonna happen! not unless every Filipino is dead and buried!
October 22nd, 2004  
rOk

LOL...first show your worth on the little island affair, then think about the big stuff.

And you're gonna break up-sooner or later.
--
October 22nd, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
LOL...first show your worth on the little island affair, then think about the big stuff.

And you're gonna break up-sooner or later.

I agree that China is going to break-up sooner or later.

But will that breakup crush China? It will just slow it down... I doubt China will ever be "king" but I don't doubt that China will ever become a superpower, brief or lasting.
October 22nd, 2004  
Doppleganger

Why do you think China would ever be the most powerful nation on earth and 'king'? They've never managed it before in their history despite being the most advanced nation on earth for many centuries.
October 22nd, 2004  
Ezechiel

Hey Flying, Not luanpa but LanPa (this is Fujian-lingua, I know this and Singaporean also know this).

China won't claim Sinngapore as a part of China. Becoz this is stupid and no condition for them to do so. But for Taiwan they did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Dopple -- Most advanced? hahahaha, China did became the most powerful on earth. One example for u --- Zheng He the sailer in Ming Dynasty. They have such strong military and technology. Nevermind,tell u another one, Qing Dynasty, China deafeat Russian in the 17th century and made an agreement with Rusian which China eleborated their territory further in the Yalu River.

If China not such strong. Today u won't find so many Westerners readin "the art of war".
October 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

If God forbid this ever happens I see the whole of the Pacific rim under a Communist/totalitarian regime.
For China to espouse that they have no designs or intrest in domination of Asia is to qoute my grandfather "horse pucky"
If they did not why support communist insurgents through out the region?
October 22nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

One example to stop China from rising to Super Nation is like this:

By forcing Chinese Yuan to be more valued, you can make Chinese economy collapse.

Today Chinese government offcials told media that Yuan will be "forced" to rise about 8% in value soon, since China just talked in G7 about finance issues and were strongly "asked" to increase Chinese Yuan to be "able" to buy more Western goods

IMF pressures China on flexible yuan
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2121508.htm
October 22nd, 2004  
Redneck

Keep it civil. FlyingFrog has received a temporary ban for failing to comply with numerous warnings to treat others with respect.
October 22nd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

lol, oh don't worry. Flying Frog is Chinese 100%