Seals vs. Marines - Page 5

--

February 9th, 2004  
Redneck

18A is the MOS of an A team leader (an O3) in the Green Berets.
18F is the MOS of the intelligence NCO on an A team (the 18 man teams that Green Berets operate in).
I don't know if there is any real equivalent MOS in the USMC.
February 10th, 2004  
Anonymous

Jarhead when were you with NSCT? Who were you with prior? Depending on time, we may know each other.
February 10th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: seals

A seal is better trainned and well equiped to take out any large army or terrorist group. They will defend the U.S. under any circumstances. They will do the best of their ability to defend the U.S. and survive.
--
February 11th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: tough

The Marines are not a bunch of girls. They fight for what they believe in no matter how great the odds may be. They are like a special force by just being a corp. When it comes to fighting a war the marines are the first there.
February 13th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: warfare

The marines fought the Veitname war day in and day out. They pushed there limits of mental and emotional capacity. They fought long and hard to defend us. I'm still mad that when they came home they were not greated properlly. Now a days they are remembered, but it was to little to late.
February 13th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: A recon marine

A recon marine in a hand to hand combat situation would win against a seal. They are stronger, more skilled in the art, and have used it longer. There is no way they can lose. They are skilled with a knive. They can cut five people while being shot at. These guys are no joke. If it comes down to killing recon are the best.
February 13th, 2004  
Anonymous

Who's the best? If you ask someone that has been there and done that, they'll tell you we're all the best. Marines vs. SEALs .. apples and oranges. Recon Marines vs. SEALs .. different jobs. Yes, jobs do overlap sometimes, because not everyone can be everywhere at once. It's best not to cheerlead and assume unless you've walked the walk.
February 14th, 2004  
Redneck

Do you write fortune cookies, MrmarineJ? You seem to have a knack for coming to some pretty interesting conclusions and stating them as fact in little blurbs.

And for the record, I'm the best. At everything.
February 14th, 2004  
Redleg

No you're not..

I eat small for breakfast.. 8)

And to the discussion of who's best, and who will win in a hand to hand combat...
That's an impossible question to answer (and a quite silly thing to try to answer too...)
February 14th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Ok so can people ignore MrMarine's SEAL ranting long enough to answer my original question?
Quote:
What on earth is Delta Force for and would they be considered to be more elite than SEALs and the Green Berets?
And Guy on the Right and Redneck I don't care where they came from just what they do and where they are on the scale.