No prob Marksman

The foreign armys and airforces have "always" fascinated me

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker
The only reason for china to invade russia would be to capture the energy supplies and mineral wealth of siberia, which russia would defend with there lives as these supplies are russias future!
Hello Skywalker,

But the issue is that China and Russia will not engage in war anymore. China and Russia are building up a very good cooperation relationship now.
July 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Doc.S thanks very much it is indeed the WZ-9, WZ mean in Chinese WuZhi (Armed Helicopter).

China is currently developing the WZ-10, which is almost finished and looks a bit like Apache (again )

The "WZ-10" looks simply like an urgly duck:

Fake WZ-10:
http://jczsbbs1.sina.com.cn/upload/5...4282/84282.jpg

--
July 11th, 2004  
Shadowalker

I was just stating the only reason i could see for any war and i am glad that russia and china are now friends as a war between the two countries would be very bloody and effect the world! I am glad that there is cooperation between the two countries as it can only benefit them both.
July 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.S
FlyingFrog sir....

The picture of what seems to be a Type YW 534 Self propelled anti-aircraft vehicle what is that? Looks like the vehicle have two 25mm quad AA guns? The same guns that are used on the PZG-95 SPAA or Tunguska-M1 as it is called in Russia.

Cheers:
Doc.S

Doc you are too good at weapons

I only know it is about Anti-air system with missile and gun integrated
July 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
I was just stating the only reason i could see for any war and i am glad that russia and china are now friends as a war between the two countries would be very bloody and effect the world! I am glad that there is cooperation between the two countries as it can only benefit them both.
Yes Skywalker, there are also many Chinese who hope we will have a good relationship btw China and Russia, past is past, we all look forward. I think the leaders of the two countries have already realized this, that is simply very good in my honest opinion.
July 11th, 2004  
Doc.S

Thanks FlyingFrog anyway and the WZ-10 looks a little bit as the South African Rooivalk attackhelicopter.

Link:

http://www.army-technology.com/proje...alk/index.html

Link:

http://www.defencejournal.com/may99/rooivalk.htm

Link:

http://www.gpsa.co.za/sa/gallery/as/rooivalk2.html

Cheers:
Doc.S

July 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Thanks FlyingFrog anyway and the WZ-10 looks a little bit as the South African Rooivalk attackhelicopter.
Yes sir Doc.S, a lot of Chinese forumers have pointed out the same "bit" too, I think we really don't know how the real WZ-10 look like, like J-10, the crazy Chinese government just does not want to release any info before the equipment is actually deployed

Thanks for the links

Oh yah when WZ-10 really comes out (maybe after 5 years), I will let you know as the first
July 11th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Looks good! are there any plans for china to develop anymore transport helicopters as apart from WZ-9 i believe (maybe wrong) all the other helicopters are russian/russian copies?
July 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Looks good! are there any plans for china to develop anymore transport helicopters as apart from WZ-9 i believe (maybe wrong) all the other helicopters are russian/russian copies?
Yeah I believe the Chinese chopters are all derived from Russian origin. Heli's don't enjoy a top priority in PLA maybe simply because they are too easy targets for AAM's.

China is developing WZ-10, but about Transport chopter, I don't have any info yet, maybe PLA will buy Russian stuff.

Also last time I heard China was starting to build heli's with EuroChopter?
But EU puts arms embargo on China