Is there any possibility that USA can be defeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there may be a war soon! Just look at Taiwan, Theier President just sign away the Unification concil! That may just spark off the WAr between China And Taiwan!

lol...na....Chen's move is more of rallying his cannot-be-even-lower support in Taiwan (look at the city and district elections last year, his party got owned totally, his personal approval rate is like 10%), he wants to provoke some conflict with China so he can rally some support again, or to move the attention away from his crappy domestic records.

Chen is never a man who wants to fight a war, he just wants power, that is it

na...dont worry buddy, Kuomingtang's leader Ma Yingjiu will be the president in 2008, it takes 10 min to reopen this council.

Chen is currently under heavy fire from medias in Taiwan, from U.S and from China..wut a moron

Yeah! I agree with you! MA Yin Jiu is better! I heard the People's First PArty is not even supporting Chen Shiu Bian! haha

Is it possible the U.S. will be defeated? Shure it is. Today we are the big kid on the block and nobody can even come close to our combination of high technology, economic power and political might. But when a person or a nation becomes overly confident that's when your in trouble. There are many scenarios that you can come up with such as China, India and Japan joining forces in some kind alliance to defeat the west, but like has been said already in response to this question, why would such a thing happen when our world is truely becoming a global villiage. We are connected to each other so much economically the major contries of this world need each other in order to prosper. Sure the U.S. may fall some day but if it does it will more than likely be a long slow evolution into something different than it is today, and by then the same could be said for many other nations as well. As odd as it may sound, 50, 100, 150 years from now the threat may be from a united and powerful Islamic Africa, were many poor, ignored, disinfranchized black nations, feed up of being ignored by the rest of the world may become educated and powerful enough as a union to be a real and viable threat. Impossible you say, look at the political and military history of the world. Nations rose and Nations fell. Never say never. Wrap your mind around that idea....

I'd like to thank the folks posting to this thread for an interesting mix of academic discourse, science finction, theological radicalism and entertaining, if incomplete assupmtions.
I think there is a basic human need to think of the unthinkable. Consider how the bird flu issue has grown to pandemic without casualties. Consider global warming. Population Explosion. Mankind seems incomplete unless we are examining the parameters of our own demise. Nothing lasts forever.
People are still worshipping at sun temples built 5 thousand years ago. But 4 thousand years after they were written, peole can still read cuniform, 3 thousand years after they were built people are still living in structures constructed by Roman Engineers. Maybe the time will come when there won't be an America as defined by 21st century definitions, but there will still be the memory of America just as there is a memory of the intellectualism of Greece, the grandeur of Rome, the bureacracy of Byzantium and the grace of Islamic architecture.

If by "defeated" it means U.S civlization will be destroyed like Rome or Persia empire....then I have some doubts.
In history, some of the oldest civlizations, China, India, Egypt, are still around and powerful. U.S may well be able to be like that.

Well, definetly not the whole entire civilisation disapper! That would mean an Alien attack!

Zander, stop being an idiot!!!! Anytime there is a semi-serious thread you come in and completely fubar it. Much like I do to the english language using a keyboard.

OH! Well, you see, USA is made of many diffrent people and from all over the world. What I am saying is that if one were to distroy every single American and their families, they would have to destroy them selves too, because they are all related!

Don't worry, nobody is ever be able to destroy usa with some conventional weapon, at least for now. because they have the budget equal to that the rest of world combined, but things has changed these day, bush decide to share the nuclear tech with India despite the Nuclear non-Proliferation treaty. other nuclear power might follow suit, and pass on their nuclear tech to some not_so_usa_friendly regime. So these strategic weapon will be wide spread, everyone can launch from their home base, (just one trigger away from total aninalation), the Non Proliferation treaty will exist in name only. what's your opinion on these?
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19516

right now, probably yes, because U.S' missile defence system is stil in its infancy....
however, I am not sure how well Russians have maintained their aging missiles these years (with their tiny budget)

Well, did you know that Russia has the world's largest amounts of Nuclear missiles and bombs? Imagine they use all of those to nuke the US! I think the US can be defeated by this way, but not with out the Europeans attacking the Russia after that!

Thank god Russia is a democracy now (kind of) and sensible people are elected into the office. So I think for awhile no leader of Russia will try to destroy U.S, rather, Russians want to improve their standard of living and increase their productivity through trading with Americans.

Well I asked my uncle his opinion about the Russians (He served a tour or two in Germany in 1982-1984 near the Black Forest.

He said to me "There is no way the Soviets are going to go out without a big bang."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back