Invasion USA - possibility or myth?

Danger of ground invasion USA - reality?

• No, there is no danger for USA to be invaded

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Yes, there is a threat for USA to be invaded

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • No, there is no danger at the moment, however such threat can arise in a future

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • USA is already invaded!!!

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters
You got to get this in your head. There is more than one way to skin a cat and the Chinese know that among the many feasable ways you can fight America, sending troops to invade full scale is probably one of the least favorable choices. The sheer scale of this country would turn any physical invasion into a logistical nightmare. There are other ways that they would prefer.
This is the type of fight America needs to prepare for. Setting up some militia to prepare for a Chinese invasion is a complete waste of time. This war is being fought in many arenas, one of which is the classroom.

And if you look around right now we ARE at war in THIS country, it just hasn't turned into a shooting war just yet.
but just remember liek I have said many times the Flag WILL remain hoisted at my house as long as I am able to draw a breath! And when I stop breathing, I have a 16 year old ready to take my place in defense of this country

Last edited:
You got to get this in your head. There is more than one way to skin a cat and the Chinese know that among the many feasable ways you can fight America, sending troops to invade full scale is probably one of the least favorable choices. The sheer scale of this country would turn any physical invasion into a logistical nightmare. There are other ways that they would prefer.
This is the type of fight America needs to prepare for. Setting up some militia to prepare for a Chinese invasion is a complete waste of time. This war is being fought in many arenas, one of which is the classroom.

I agree with him. China knows it can hurt America in a different way than physically attacking

Economy and Knowledge inside classrooms are the two ones we need to prepare for.

Our school systems are falling. We fail a lot of children despite the "No Child Left Behind" policy which caused courses to be much easier to pass according to some critics of this policy.

Anyone who invades America will be a fool. America should start focusing on its problems more, which is the one killing us.

I'm done, so I won't go off-topic lol.

It would not be a good idea to attack the US on its own soil. The brits tried and failed. As of right now we have the most powerful military that has ever existed. We would drop Iraq and Afghanistan like a bad habbit and get on the ball. There isn't a nation who could make it past our Navy, they wouldn't even reach the shores.

Uhmm I wouldn´t count on a Navy that got their asses handed to them by a Gotland class submarine..
Well maybe not their asses handed to them..But they sure wanted to keep it for a while to figure out just WHY they couldn´t find it..

At any rate..
Russia, China and the EU decided they didn´t like US homegrown and baked applepie and decided to invade.. Still think it is impossible to get enough troops ashore to give the US a run for their money?
Your statement is true about ONE nation..But that wasn´t a factor in the original question..

//KJ.

I think that even a combined effort at this point would not be able to get past the US Navy and Air Force. I am sure some submarine crews etc. have done well against American ships in exercises but being able to sneak something in to take out a carrier is a different ball game to being able to send a whole fleet past Americas defenses. So unless there was a way for the rest of the world to have their forces prepositioned in Mexico or Canada, I would say the odds are very slim and it would take an astronomical number of troops to secure the US.
I would bet on it being not possible.

So to invade the U.S we will need to sink it's navy, establish air supremacy, have ten million or more troops dropped off in mexico or canada, then somehow hunt down and eliminate every last nuclear weapon in the country.

Yeah, we're going to need some sort of future robot revolution or space alien invasion to accomplish this.

Not even a purple hippo in a top hat that flies with comically undersized wings and breathes hearts?

Tape the kit on him and kick him out the back end of a Herc.
Your imagination is your limitation.

Now what this has to do with the subject at hand I fail to see unless you think the hippo will invade the US?
Otherwise stay on topic.

well, not exactly.
In this case, if the US did screw up big time, I suppose it could be possible. But between possible and impossible, I'd say the slider is very much on the impossible side.

Actually I just had a thought, an invasion by a foreign country COULD happen here, look at eth national news on all three major networks, the only thing I've heard since Monday is health care this health care that, can somebody tel me where in Australia the Typhoon hit at? Or how Haiti and Chili are doing, What about the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, My GOD there could be enemy soldiers in my back yard right now and the dam news wouldn't know it they have their noses so far up Obamas butt they are blind to the world around them

Actually I just had a thought, an invasion by a foreign country COULD happen here, look at eth national news on all three major networks, the only thing I've heard since Monday is health care this health care that, can somebody tel me where in Australia the Typhoon hit at? Or how Haiti and Chili are doing, What about the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, My GOD there could be enemy soldiers in my back yard right now and the dam news wouldn't know it they have their noses so far up Obamas butt they are blind to the world around them

Just because the news do not know of what is going on that can hinder national security don't mean the US military is unaware. They focus on Health care to bloat it up and keep people aware of what the Bill will do for the people. I would love universal health care :).

Back on topic again. Again, to all who say that a significant invading army can sneak across the Ocean, be it the Pacific or Atlantic put too much emphasis on the words "everything is possible" or "nothing is impossible".

US holds 11 carriers and can probably add on another for a total of 6 carriers on each bordering Ocean. I would love to know how they can get through that. Also, the US can easily take the Panama Canal and make it a hassle for anyone who trade ships need to go through it.

I don't see an invasion, even by the EU as being close to possible.

invasion of U.S is not possible in current or near future scenario,U.S can be invaded only if south American countries join hands with bigger power say China,Russia and create a base to launch attack.

Damn! He has figured out our plans! COBRA!! RETREAT!!!
Ah cobra, how I loved your cartoonish supervillainy. Etch your commander's face on the moon....what genius. But it can never match Bowser's plot in Hotel mario (A game I never wish to play again without brain bleach at hand) which was to....MELT THE ANTARCTIC ICE CAP WITH BLOWDRYERS!!!!

Just because the news do not know of what is going on that can hinder national security don't mean the US military is unaware. They focus on Health care to bloat it up and keep people aware of what the Bill will do for the people. I would love universal health care :).

Back on topic again. Again, to all who say that a significant invading army can sneak across the Ocean, be it the Pacific or Atlantic put too much emphasis on the words "everything is possible" or "nothing is impossible".

US holds 11 carriers and can probably add on another for a total of 6 carriers on each bordering Ocean. I would love to know how they can get through that. Also, the US can easily take the Panama Canal and make it a hassle for anyone who trade ships need to go through it.

I don't see an invasion, even by the EU as being close to possible.

True, but what about from within? Say...while every body is bitching about the health care bills the muslims in this country might be making their secret plans ready to try to take over.

Six more carriers? And thus six more carrier groups worth of ships? That seems economically unfeasible at the moment.

Back