How is the weather like where you are now?!

We've had a lot of very hot days in excess of 90deg F, today thankfully its quite a bit cooler.

We desperately need a lot of rain, the water reservoirs are dangerously low.

A few days ago we had -10C/14F, but now it's raining and the rain will continue over the weekend.... :x

Its not too hot here today, quite a lot of cloud cover which has cooled things down quite a bit. Rain is forecast here, which we badly need as our water reserves are running low.

Its not too hot here today, quite a lot of cloud cover which has cooled things down quite a bit. Rain is forecast here, which we badly need as our water reserves are running low.

Hey Brit,
I do hope it rains alot for you. No floods of course. Water reserves have been low for us too ... several times down here. Weird for the Sunshine State. Global warming.
I was brought up to conserve water. Who would have thought ...

Hey Brit,
I do hope it rains alot for you. No floods of course. Water reserves have been low for us too ... several times down here. Weird for the Sunshine State. Global warming.
I was brought up to conserve water. Who would have thought ...

We are now on quite strict water restrictions now, hose pipes are banned, portable swimming pools are banned, car washing is banned unless one takes it to a car wash company, there's quite a few other restrictions as well now.

As it happens we could do with a few floods to fill up our water reserves.

I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, a state in the Northwestern U.S. It is an area well known for rain. For example in October 2106, it rained for 27 days of that month. The climate is normally mild in western Oregon, colder and drier in the Eastern part of the state. We even have desert in the east. Near the coast rain is measured in feet. There are areas that receive as much as ten - twelve feet of rain!
A few days ago we had about three inches of snow which threw everything into chaos. Our city doesn't have much snow removal equipment and drivers are not used to it because we can often go for years with no snow, the precipitation usually falling in liquid form.
However, the abundant rainfall here in the valley means that we are in a rich agricultural area with fertile and beautiful farm land. We are blessed with two very important resources; food and water

Today for the first time in weeks we had some rain. Thankfully the builders working on the house had just finished before it began to rain.:thumb:.

Dinner at my daughter's, while the cell phone alarms were sounding for tornado warnings. Bad storm. Sixty mile an hour gusts, lighting, the whole bit. The neighbor's shed behind us,caught fire. Direct hit. Driving home from the kids' we actually saw the bolt.
No one was hurt.

Dadsgirl

After nearly two weeks of bush fires devastating the Western Cape, we had the good fortune of heavy rain this morning, putting paid to plans by arsonists setting fires to the great relief of firefighters.

There was a fire in the woods next to my property a few days ago. Luckily it was a small fire and no one was hurt. My neighbor was banging on the door to warn me as I hadn't a clue. It was put out quickly and all was back to normal. I'm thinking someone may have walked through the woods and dropped a cigarette but that's only a guess. Other than that.. tonight it's foggy out with a little chill in the air. It rained a bit today but nothing more than a drizzle.

All in all.. one of those days you just want to sit inside and watch old movies and enjoy some peace.
t4123.gif

Glad that you're OK Sara. Fire scares the crap out of me

The nights are getting longer and cooler, the days are getting shorter and far more comfortable.

Last edited:
Back