Ft Hood shootings

Regarding guerilla warfare, yes, though it's a very simplified picture. However, the part that the guerillas win as long as they stay in the fight has a lot of validity, especially when you're dealing with guerillas away from your home soil.
The others... it's not that simple for if it were true, we should dissolve all laws and disband the justice system.

Gets ya to think, doesn't it?

Not really. If you want to read some stuff about geurrila tactics and counterinsurgency that will just blow your mind, then read Counterinsurgency Warfare: Theory and Practice by French Lieutenant Colonel (and strategic genius) David Galula. It is the basis for all current US COIN doctrine and it is a complete eye opener. After reading this book and then looking at the way we are fighting the war in Afghanistan, you will shake your head in disgust. If you look at the principles outlined in this book, you will also see why the strategy implemented in Iraq in 2007 really turned this place around. We followed his model to the letter.

Now, to get back on topic, apparently there was a lot more communications between Hasan and that imam in Yemen than origionally thought. The Joint Terrorism Task force had looked at them, and they have a DoD member working with them... but oddly enough the DoD is claiming they didn't know about it. When the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committe is saying it's terrorism... I mean, I just don't know anymore. That's a strong statement from a left winger like Levin.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_senate

The only question regarding terrorism is: is it still terrorism if it's an attack on the US military or the government? If the shooting had taken place under the exact same circumstances in, say a mall, a school or a place where the people are primarily civilian and non-government it would be without a doubt terrorism with very little room for discussion.
It's not really about defending the bad guys, but rather hoping it doesn't set some kind of definition precedence that can bite us in the ass in a future date. For example, classifying waterboarding as torture in World War II means that we are also denying ourselves the option of using that technique (the moral aspect of this aside) at any place or time.
If an unconventional attack on an enemy facility is considered terrorism it would severely limit our options in future without falling into our own definition of terrorism.

Hey you guys that are talking about punishment, I know you may be angry but really you are freaking me out with some of your brutal thoughts on the matter. Really I woudnt allow myself to turn into a torture maniac just for an execution. Be careful and don't let your angry thoughts run away, cause how does that make you better than the offender?

No its not really. We are pissed off at this f***er. He added to more stress to the vitcims who had PTSD, now it will be even harder to help them. He killed 13 soldiers because he is a freaking idiot. This thing is going to suck, because he will set on death row for 15 years and appeal the court repeatedly. When they find him guility they should take him out back and put on bullet in his head.

There shouldn't be more than $10 freaking dollars spent on him, and make it a woman who kills him, then feed his body to pigs.Seriously,I can get more imaginative if I wanted. I have a friend at Fort Hood, and I am glad she is safe but I was worried out 4th point of contact.

This guy deserves no mercy and I don't like how we are so hands off. I do think we should be more bullets and balls than talk it out. Thats my personal opinion.I was told that in WWI and WWII the world saw american's as gun slinging, bad mouthing, tough as nails motherf***ers. So what if that isn't a great image no one messed with us. We got a great military why do we bend over for the smallest thing?

I love this country and it pains me to see use BSing around and letting pri**s like this killing the people who are just trying to protect it. Those where his patients his BATTLES and he opened fire on them. To me he is a traitor and a backstabber.

The only question regarding terrorism is: is it still terrorism if it's an attack on the US military or the government? If the shooting had taken place under the exact same circumstances in, say a mall, a school or a place where the people are primarily civilian and non-government it would be without a doubt terrorism with very little room for discussion.

If an unconventional attack on an enemy facility is considered terrorism it would severely limit our options in future without falling into our own definition of terrorism.
Ive had thoughts along those lines also. Attacks on military & Govt targets would seem to be ligit targets, the Cole, Pentagon, ect, except that the attacks wern't carried out by the Armed Forces of a Nation State, but by members of a * terroristOrganization. That would be the difference. @Ft. Hood, the guy was on our side, in theory. 'd say Terrorism.
*Nationless

Just because a person isn't a member of Al Quida, doesn't mean they can't be a terrorist, the part that really torques me off about the whole thing is he was "supposed" to be on out side.
It sure seems strange to me that somebody with religious beliefs that prevent them from killing can get a gun and kill people

And what if a PMC conducted an unconventional strike against an enemy military target? What if they planted guys within the enemy ranks and set off a bomb in a command tent?
Or, what if they were able to get through to people within their ranks, made them switch sides and then had them launch an attack from the inside?
When they target military facilities or personnel, it gets very slippery.
As for the Pentagon, I think we can conclude that it is terrorism since they hijacked a plane full of civilians and used that to crash into the Pentagon. The act of hitting the Pentagon may not have been terrorism but the act of hijacking and murdering the people on board that airplane definitely was.

I think hitting the pentagon was terrorism, so was the WTD and this idiot in Texas, yea the muslim major is a terrorist. why? cause he dam sure wasn't an enemy comabtant, that way, he was SUPPOSED to be on our side. I still stand by my comment, bring him to me. I'll rip his soul out of his body and then send whats left to his god

Wow... who needs to think when you can just let your rant lead the way?

Yea... Like the post I made earlier, I just do not see how you can find justice in mutilating this mans body... The way I see it after what he did you can't find justice in this world, the only way you can do that is formally execute him and let that happen in the next.

Seems to me there is a greater punishment in letting him live than executing him. Many paralysed people prefer to die, perhaps he has already paid for his crime? I also refer back to my post on voluntary execution for those on death row. You also make him a martyr in certain Muslims eyes if you insist on the death penalty which creates its own problems.

You have valid points.
But that means you'll have to make a different set of laws when prosecuting Muslims. Which is not going to happen.
Or a different set of laws when it comes to prosecuting disabled people.

Perseus, I'm alright with most of what you said but the part about him already having punished for his crimes is nonsense. Hey, let's just disband prisons after a judge gives a lecture to the convicted about what a bad boy/girl they've been. Besides, everyone deserves a second chance and then everyone's a WINNER!!! :rolleyes:

Btw, nice signature. It makes trolling on every post much more convenient.

Should we persecute muslims?
Perhaps before we persecute then we should learn more about them. Remember, radicals comes in all flavors.

Can you tell one from the other?
My experience with most Americans tell me no.
So until then proceed with caution.
Remember that if rational thinking does not lead the way, we can all end up doing things similar to Nazis.

Remember that if rational thinking does not lead the way, we can all end up doing things similar to Nazis.

Your experience with most Americans tell you no? Last time I checked there weren't mass lynchings of Muslims going on. I see them every day at work and on the streets and have never seen them being treated any differently from any other American.

Big_Z, as in they can't tell from regular folks and extremists. And yeah, it's really hard.
Never said there was mass lynchings of any kind and if anything the restraint shown so far by the American public is worth an honorable mention.

I see them every day at work and on the streets and have never seen them being treated any differently from any other American.

It's only because you are oblivious to the sort of crap they have to deal with.

Big_Z, as in they can't tell from regular folks and extremists. And yeah, it's really hard.
Never said there was mass lynchings of any kind and if anything the restraint shown so far by the American public is worth an honorable mention.

It's only because you are oblivious to the sort of crap they have to deal with.

I am not oblivious to the hardships faced by Muslims from the western world because of a few bad apples. Life is not fair. It doesn't take a Phd to figure out that when 2 cultures are colliding that innocent Good-doers will take heat. That is common sense. The diference between a typical
Muslim and extremist are pretty well defined for me.

If Americans couldn't tell the difference America would be an unbearable place to live for Muslims.

Last edited:

Nope I can't, that's probally why I'm not allowed to do lynchings.
but if one screams alliah and points a gun at me I'll assume he wants to kill me.
Just like everybody else, you point a gun at me I automatically have a desire to make you dead before you make me dead :)

Back