Ft Hood shootings

Unfortunately it has been so long since the military has executed anyone that what method would be used is not clear.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/29/u...ner=permalink&exprod=permalink&pagewanted=all

I would say that if convicted in US Military court, he may never be executed.

Last Military execution was 1961.

Method of execution is the purview of the convicting Judge of the Court Martial.

However may be over ridden by the convening authority the Chief of Staff, Sec Army or POTUS.

Leavenworth has a lethal injection chamber it most likely would be used to stem bad PR of a firing squad or hanging.

They'd put him in protective custody to prevent that. Even if he does get a death sentence which he deserves it will take forever to carry it out.

Originally Posted by Chukpike
Unfortunately it has been so long since the military has executed anyone that what method would be used is not clear.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/29/us...pagewanted=all

I would say that if convicted in US Military court, he may never be executed.

Last Military execution was 1961.
i saw on cbs news that 11 american service personal had been executeed by the military justice system in the last 25 years that is from memory but they did say that they had executed people recently...

they might be wrong though...
i would of thought that he would definitely be executed.

This guy was nothing more than an idiot who knew exactly what he was doing, no PTSD, no physic problems, just one man who killed in the name of his god.

His God is the same as ours, similar heroes, similar stories, extremists have perverted the Word of God to suit their own ends and we all must bear the responsibility of repairing the damage.....(on all sides)....

This wretched man took advantage of a position of trust and wreaked havoc upon his unsuspecting fellows when they were unprepared for danger.....

I would hope that America will punish this man as he deserves, (and not spend time agonising over sending messages or become bogged down in what ifs).. The men & women of the American Defence Force and their families need to see that the nation as a whole cares enough about them to deliver retribution on their behalf, just as they strive to defend the nation from those who would attack it....

What Barack Obama said at the Ft. Hood Memorial service resonated around the world and could not have been stated more succinctly than this:

no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor. For what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world, and the next.

Last edited:
I don't think that an execution may exactly be a punishment for him at this stage.

Interesting point, because that is precisely the argument against executing the 9/11 killers. They want to die as Martyrs. Life imprisonment is actually a worse punishment, certainly for them.

Stone them to death....?
Feed them to the pigs....?
Stab them in the chest with a knife and pour the juice from a can of SPAM into their cavity, and let them deal with it?

No, the bad Imams will start issuing religious "pardons" for those who have been forced by the enemy into violating certain laws.
Or since the guy loves Sharia Law so much, we should carry out his execution Saudi Arabian style.

No, the bad Imams will start issuing religious "pardons" for those who have been forced by the enemy into violating certain laws.
Or since the guy loves Sharia Law so much, we should carry out his execution Saudi Arabian style.

You want him to feel pain? want him to see the faces of those he killed before his long and painful death ends him? want him to see Hell before he dies?
Don't bother with Saudi Arabian laws.

..................................................................................Bring him to me.

Then there's the reports That the girls partner was the one who bagged the shooter but isn't being credited because he's black & she's white. Maybe it's just confusion, perhaps? or a female is a better story? The partner's wife seemed annoyed by the spotlight on the female.

i saw on cbs news that 11 american service personal had been executeed by the military justice system in the last 25 years that is from memory but they did say that they had executed people recently...

they might be wrong though...
i would of thought that he would definitely be executed.

That is incorrect. That is why I supplied a source, in the hope we wouldn't have to rely on rumors. I guess it didn't work:lol:

Doesn't mean he would not be executed after a military trial. It would be a lot surer and faster if he was tried in a Texas court.

Yeah obviously this guy wasn't linked to Al Qaeda. If he did, he failed his mission, no? I am pretty sure he was acting on his own. I just wonder what it was that caused the slide from joining the Army to the shootout.

His attack was very successful in military terms 13 US troops dead and another 30 wounded for the loss of only one guy (himself) who was captured.

Easy-8, read the other posts as that's what it's referring to. This guy could have done far more damage than killing 13 soldiers.

Hey you guys that are talking about punishment, I know you may be angry but really you are freaking me out with some of your brutal thoughts on the matter. Really I woudnt allow myself to turn into a torture maniac just for an execution. Be careful and don't let your angry thoughts run away, cause how does that make you better than the offender?

Then there's the reports That the girls partner was the one who bagged the shooter but isn't being credited because he's black & she's white. Maybe it's just confusion, perhaps? or a female is a better story? The partner's wife seemed annoyed by the spotlight on the female.

Witnesses said that he shot Hasan. The guy in question (Sgt Todd) asked FT Hood officials not to release any info about him because it was a traumatic event and he didn't want to deal with the media frenzy, not because he's black. He has since stated that him and the female arrived on scene at the same time. She set up in front and he went around the back. He said that halfway there he heard shots from the front of the building and came back. When he turned the corner she was already on the ground wounded and had fired at Hasan. He ordered Hasan to drop his weapons, and Hasan fired at him. He returned fire, dropped him and then went over to the suspect and secured him. The witnesses back up his version of events, and the female has never said that it was only her there, the media said that. Both of the officers involved had kept their mouths shut because of the pending investigation into the events (standard police procedure)......not because he's black. The media has screwed this whole thing up from the start with inaccurate reporting from day one.

That is incorrect. That is why I supplied a source, in the hope we wouldn't have to rely on rumors. I guess it didn't work:lol:

Doesn't mean he would not be executed after a military trial. It would be a lot surer and faster if he was tried in a Texas court.

i did not wish to spread rumors but that was seriously was on the news...
i would of supplied a link to the news bulletin if i knew how to find which bulletin i saw due to time delay and i do not know whether i am getting live broadcasts or repeated ones (on Australian pay tv)...

but i have since found this to be incorrect, which goes to say that not everything on the news is correct.

His God is the same as ours, similar heroes, similar stories, extremists have perverted the Word of God to suit their own ends and we all must bear the responsibility of repairing the damage.....(on all sides)....

This wretched man took advantage of a position of trust and wreaked havoc upon his unsuspecting fellows when they were unprepared for danger.....

I would hope that America will punish this man as he deserves, (and not spend time agonising over sending messages or become bogged down in what ifs).. The men & women of the American Defence Force and their families need to see that the nation as a whole cares enough about them to deliver retribution on their behalf, just as they strive to defend the nation from those who would attack it....

What Barack Obama said at the Ft. Hood Memorial service resonated around the world and could not have been stated more succinctly than this:

no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor. For what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world, and the next.

No sir his god is the same as yours...I have no God,

Here's a few quotes regarding guerilla fighting-

"A government needs one hundred soldiers for every guerilla it faces."
Fulgencio Batista

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do nothing about it."
Author unknown

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
James Wilson

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied....chains us all irrevocably. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged."
Author unknown (but re-quoted by Capt. Picard, Star Trek, The Next Generation)

"The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerilla wins if he does not lose."
Henry Kissinger

"We only have to be lucky once- you have to be lucky all the time."
IRA statement, 10/1984

Gets ya to think, doesn't it?

Back