Ft Hood shootings

No we seem to be getting down to our basic human instincts, I find myself wanting to resort to those, and I believe that allot people feel the same way I do all the time, lets face it sometimes, you just wanna shoot someone, or hit in the back of the knees with a big stick. Or something of the sort, but, like most of us, you don't because you know in the end that will only create more problems for you, and it is not morally right to most of us. Or at least not right in society's eyes.

And the most basic of instincts, Sukio, is the ability to judge others more harshly than we can judge ourselves.

Consider this-
How often has someone killed in the name of Christianity?
Now, how many have killed in the name of Islam?

I hear so many people talk about, and fearful of, Islam conversions. That's funny. Islam is doing no diferent than us Christians have done. The radicals kill in the name of Al'lah, and radicals kill in the name of Jesus. "Islamics" travel the world trying to "convert people over to......Islam? Now wait one gosh darn minute here!" (insert Slim Picken's drawl) That is not one bit different than what Christianity has been doing!

Radicals are everywhere and you'll find them in every religion.

And people wonder why I'm scared of ALL religions except the ones considered Pagan Mainly Wicca, when was the last time you saw a witch go nuts and kill people in the name of a god :)

I dunno about the killing part Wolfen, but I have seen Wiccans go psychotic towards others that don't believe in Wicca.

In bold.

I am not oblivious to the hardships faced by Muslims from the western world because of a few bad apples.
That's contradictory to what you said earlier.
"I see them every day at work and on the streets and have never seen them being treated any differently from any other American."
is what you said.
Life is not fair. It doesn't take a Phd to figure out that when 2 cultures are colliding that innocent Good-doers will take heat.
That's pretty much what I said. But to bring things into context, the treatment that Muslims in America get on a daily basis is MUCH better than what could have possibly happened (obviously from my experience).
That is common sense. The diference between a typical
Muslim and extremist are pretty well defined for me.
And how do you tell the difference before anything happens?
Not only can most people not tell the difference between extremists and moderates (which is a hard task no matter who you are), a great deal can't even tell a Muslim from a Sikh.

If Americans couldn't tell the difference America would be an unbearable place to live for Muslims.
Ever heard of European Jews?
People still hate Jews in Europe but they're still doing pretty well.

Not only can the authorities or regular folks not tell the difference between extremists and moderates, you guys can't even tell the difference between a Muslim and a non Muslim. One of my old friends who went to college in the US had to complete his studies in Australia because his F-1 visa wouldn't be renewed because he holds the passport of a Muslim (a very moderate one might I add) country. His last name is without a shred of a doubt non Muslim. It would be like mistaking someone with a name like Gergori Arshavin as a Chinese Buddhist monk. Possible, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I dunno about the killing part Wolfen, but I have seen Wiccans go psychotic towards others that don't believe in Wicca.
True so have I but they are nut cases anyway and probably not real Wiccans,
the ones around here that I see that spout off " hey everybody I'm Wicca" usually claim to be a hard core witch too, and all they really are is lonely people who wear all black and hide from sunlight cause they think its funny.
But that's just the ones I see here, the real Wiccans don't usually tell people what their religion is. Basically from fear of Pat Robertson and his religious fanitacs over at CBN

In bold.

Not only can the authorities or regular folks not tell the difference between extremists and moderates, you guys can't even tell the difference between a Muslim and a non Muslim. One of my old friends who went to college in the US had to complete his studies in Australia because his F-1 visa wouldn't be renewed because he holds the passport of a Muslim (a very moderate one might I add) country. His last name is without a shred of a doubt non Muslim. It would be like mistaking someone with a name like Gergori Arshavin as a Chinese Buddhist monk. Possible, but HIGHLY unlikely.

What I see and what I know are 2 entirely different things, no contradiction there. Ever heard of American Jews? They catch allot of heat too. Don't stereotype 300+ million people.

I don't think he's stereotyping us, I think he's right, I can't walk down the street and tell a muslim from anybody else, can you? If you can please enlighten me on the way you do it.
nobody knows who is who until a person makes it known

I don't think he's stereotyping us, I think he's right, I can't walk down the street and tell a muslim from anybody else, can you? If you can please enlighten me on the way you do it.
nobody knows who is who until a person makes it known

You could be a terrorist for all I know. I don't judge people by the color of thier skin or who they worship. I judge people by thier actions and what comes out of thier mouth. I never said I can tell who is Muslim and who isn't. I said that I don't assume a Muslim is automatically a terrorist.

Last edited:
I could be a terrorist? ....Yea I could be I guess that depends on who you ask. I did scare the living hell out of the last person who threatened me or my way of life.
But I seriously doubt if you will ever see on the news blowing myself up for a few virgins and some honey.

Last edited:
Back