Anti-Islam filmmaker in hiding after protests

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
An Israeli filmmaker based in California went into hiding Tuesday after his movie attacking Islam's prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by ultra-conservative Muslims on U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya, where one American was killed.

Read more...

^^^ Yep, I'm with him. ^^^

Mind you, those who allowed to be shown should be held responsible too. Just another Israeli attempt to get the US all fired up.

Last edited:
So you're for restricting people from voicing opinions no matter how dumb to keep them from annoying or angering other people. Sorry can't wrap my head around that line of thought , there is no right not to be offended.

So you're for restricting people from voicing opinions no matter how dumb to keep them from annoying or angering other people. Sorry can't wrap my head around that line of thought , there is no right not to be offended.

I agree however I don't know what your laws are like on this issue but here you are held responsible if something you do causes injury to others and the charge increases in severity if you know before hand that your actions are likely to cause injury or damage.

Actually I'm not for restricting people on what the can and can't say. We're all entitled to voice our opinions.

You have to draw the line somewhere though? The US ambassador (amongst others) have lost their lives because of the actions of some religious mental case. How can that be right? Innocent people have been killed all in the name of religious free speech. These people would be alive today had this idiot not been so stupid.

Say what you like about the various religions, makes no difference to me. You should however feel the full force of the courts if your actions result in deaths of innocent parties.

I agree however I don't know what your laws are like on this issue but here you are held responsible if something you do causes injury to others and the charge increases in severity if you know before hand that your actions are likely to cause injury or damage.

It's covered by the 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech and freedom of expression. I don't at all agree with the way these nuts voice their opinion, but prosecuting them with out amending the constitution won't happen unless it can be proven they meant to cause the two incidents.

Yes they meant to inflame jihadists no doubt about it but it's not legally punishable.

I think we should hold fire on this as the film could have been doctored by some Muslim faction just to stir up trouble. Still what annoys me is that the Muslims feel they have the right to attack any one who speaks out on the prophet, yet feel they have the right to attack Christians and burn the Christian churches

Actually I'm not for restricting people on what the can and can't say. We're all entitled to voice our opinions.

You have to draw the line somewhere though? The US ambassador (amongst others) have lost their lives because of the actions of some religious mental case. How can that be right? Innocent people have been killed all in the name of religious free speech. These people would be alive today had this idiot not been so stupid.

Say what you like about the various religions, makes no difference to me. You should however feel the full force of the courts if your actions result in deaths of innocent parties.[/QUOTE

You are actually contradicting yourself here. The GB does not have a constitution, but the US has the oldest working constitution in the world, read it and comprehend it will benefit you so you can avoid any contradictions.

I would have thought that people would have learned their lesson after the events involving Salman Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" and the Jyllands-Posten cartoons.

Most first world countries have laws against public blasphemy and acts designed to deliberately cause public offense because of their likelihood to bring about public disorder or rioting. I have little doubt that this "film" was made to deliberately cause outrage among Muslims, and therefore I feel that the maker is at least 50% responsible for what happened.

How many times do we need to hear the old catch cry, "It's all a great joke until someone gets hurt or killed, and then people start baying for blood".

Last edited:
I would have thought that people would have learned their lesson after the events involving Salman Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" and the Jyllands-Posten cartoons.

Most first world countries have laws against public blasphemy and acts designed to deliberately cause public offense because of their likelihood to bring about public disorder or rioting. I have little doubt that this "film" was made to deliberately cause outrage among Muslims, and therefore I feel that the maker is at least 50% responsible for what happened.

How many times do we need to hear the old catch cry, "It's all a great joke until someone gets hurt or killed, and then people start baying for blood".

You're comparing this to yelling fire in a movie house. Are we to consider every place in the world the proverbial movie house now?

You're comparing this to yelling fire in a movie house. Are we to consider every place in the world the proverbial movie house now?
If you wish to look at the bottom end of the scale,... Yes.
Here in Australia it's all covered under "Incitement" (Once called "The Riot Act") Punishments for which, ranged from a warning right through to the Death penalty when we had one.

These Laws cover all degrees of severity, from people who constantly provoke or incite others to commit a Breach of the Peace, right through to actively inciting Murder or Terrorism, and I'd say this case comes pretty much at the top of the list. No doubt it also falls foul of Laws on Racial and Ethic Hatred, and probably a dozen others.

In view of the two cases that I quoted in my earlier post, we can't say that we had no idea of the possible consequences.

Last edited:
I am not a religious and this film is not important for me but I want to know why there are strict lows for holocaust or Jews or racism or blacks but Insulting Islam is legitimate.

The producer of this movie is an Zionist Israeli. he knows well for what reason he has made this movie.

Last edited:
I am not a religious and this film is not important for me but I want to know why there are strict lows for holocaust or Jews or racism or blacks but Insulting Islam is legitimate.

The producer of this movie is an Zionist Israeli. he knows well for what reason he has made this movie.

I think it depends where you are as to what is acceptable and what isn't, it isn't illegal here to make movies about Christ or the holocaust nor is it illegal to paint Christ in a bad light or the Germans in a good light.

The question is why should Islam be protected when other religions aren't?

I am agnostic/atheist I think all religions are ridiculous why in a nation with free speech should saying so be life threatening?

In my opinion the maker of the movie is partially right, he claims Islam is a cancer on humanity I don't think he went far enough as I think all religions are a cancer.

if i go out and insult Israel and Zionists you call me anti-Semitic and i get trialed, but if you go out and insult our prophet [PBUH] we are brutes who oppose freedom of speech.
I'm not saying that its an excuse for killing people though. the ambassador had nothing to do with the actions and killing him was a st stupid ask from stupid individuals.
Another example of the "religion of peace" proving it isn't very peacefull.
assuming you are a christian i don't think you'd like it very much if i pile up some bibles and set fire to them, would you?

You are actually contradicting yourself here. The GB does not have a constitution, but the US has the oldest working constitution in the world, read it and comprehend it will benefit you so you can avoid any contradictions.

I don't believe I'm contradicting myself.

Out of all of the countries in the world, 99% of the incidents originate from the US....

It's obviously worried the US enough to have immediately stepped up security at its embassies....

]

Germany has Laws about making stuff about the Nazis, anyone here can make something about anybody, might not make a profit, but it can be done.

If you wish to look at the bottom end of the scale,... Yes.
Here in Australia it's all covered under "Incitement" (Once called "The Riot Act") Punishments for which, ranged from a warning right through to the Death penalty when we had one.

These Laws cover all degrees of severity, from people who constantly provoke or incite others to commit a Breach of the Peace, right through to actively inciting Murder or Terrorism, and I'd say this case comes pretty much at the top of the list. No doubt it also falls foul of Laws on Racial and Ethic Hatred, and probably a dozen others.

In view of the two cases that I quoted in my earlier post, we can't say that we had no idea of the possible consequences.
The Law no doubt pertains to direct incitement, or should be. It's a bit outragious to say people in the West can't offer a negative thought about Islam because a hyper-sensitive crowd somewhere might start a riot.

Back