What is your favorite pistol - Page 6

--

October 12th, 2005  
mmarsh

Isnt the Marakov from Russia and not East Germany?
October 12th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

Yes, the Makarov is, but the Pistole M is East German. It's a East German Copy, but it's made in East Germany and that's what they call it. Also it's the best out of the Makarovs.
October 13th, 2005  
mmarsh

So the East German Copy is better than the Russian original? Those Germans are great gunsmiths...

Good to know thanks.
--
October 13th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

The main reason why the east German Makrovs are better is the tooling that they used. They're made on WWII Walther Tooling. The pistol is built to tighter tolerances. Less play between the parts. The Soviet produced one are alright too. But the ones that you don't want are the Chicom made makarovs. Those are horrible. Both the military contract and the Norinco made ones.

Here's a list from good to bad.

1) East German - Great
2) Soviet Military - Good
3) Bulgarian Military - Fair
4) Russian Civilian - CRAP!
5) Chinese - WORTHLESS CRAP!
October 13th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
My favorite pistol is Luger.
I have two .22 LR Luger pistols. One built by Erma and the other by Stoeger. The Erma is a great fun shooter and has a great feel.
October 13th, 2005  
Springfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
My favorite pistol is Luger.
I have two .22 LR Luger pistols. One built by Erma and the other by Stoeger. The Erma is a great fun shooter and has a great feel.
oooo I'd love to fire one of those babys. 8)
October 17th, 2005  
ruger322003

Topic: Hk

I like the HK .40 or .45 tactical
October 19th, 2005  
Obvious

Topic: Re: Hk

Mauser C96, it doesnt have a detachable mag and you have to reload it with a clip. But the gun is sure powerful.
October 19th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

THe Spanish and Chinese made the C/96 Mauser. The Spanish made them full auto in 9X19mm Parabellum or 9X21mm Largo. They had a twenty round detachable magazine. And the Chinese made them in the wonderful manstoper. .45 ACP.

THe oririnal C/96 Mausers were chambers in 7.63 Mauser. Which is also the same measurement as 7.62X25mm Tokarev. It's just that the Tokarev round is loaded with more powder. So I don't recommend firing 7.62X25mm Tokarev in a C/96 Mauser.
October 24th, 2005  
major liability

If I was going up against armored dudes I'd take a 9x21mm AP SPS.