What is your favorite firearm? #2 - Page 7

--

March 26th, 2004  
capeboer

Vektor is located at 368 Selborne Avenue, Lyttelton 0157. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Denel and it produces the R4, R5 and R6 assault rifles. (I was recently there on business.)

LIW - Lyttelton Ingenieurswerke - is right next door to Vektor. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Denel and it produces artillery systems such as the G5 and G6 155mm howitzers. [Oerlikon Contraves (air defence artillery systems) also has a presence at LIW.]
March 27th, 2004  
acilius

7.62RK62 wins hands down. In the Machinegun category PKM wins.
April 10th, 2004  
Rafterman

I regularly use the Accuracy International L96. Extreemly acurrate, and reliable in my opinion.
Each vibration as your pulse sends tremours down the barrel and visible through a scope, its like an extention or your arm.
You can put a round at will, anywhere within a max. of a 2cm deviance at 800 yrds.
It's a fine rifle. 8)

-Rafterman-
--
April 11th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafterman
I regularly use the Accuracy International L96. Extreemly acurrate, and reliable in my opinion.
Each vibration as your pulse sends tremours down the barrel and visible through a scope, its like an extention or your arm.
You can put a round at will, anywhere within a max. of a 2cm deviance at 800 yrds.
It's a fine rifle. 8)

-Rafterman-
Agree. I own an AW w/ a S&B Scope and it is a "mean" rifle. The AW is an improved PM L96A1, and now supplanting the L96A1.
April 11th, 2004  
Redneck

To be honest, I've never heard of the L96A1, I really do not have any experience with modern non-U.S. weapons beyond Beretta and some H&K (although that is wholly vicarious). Any more information on it would be appreciated, it sounds like a fine rifle.

And welcome to the forum, Rafterman.
April 14th, 2004  
MausTanker

Sturmgewhr 44, definately .
April 14th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

The AK-47
April 17th, 2004  
RugerNiner

I'll have to agree with the AK-47.
Most reliable MBR made.
April 17th, 2004  
Redneck

Sorry, this has been slipping by me.

So have any of you had experience with those rifles (Stg-44 or Ak-47)?
April 17th, 2004  
Redleg

The AK-47 is not very accurate, but it will always work.
Very simple in design, few parts, and extremely reliable..
It follows the famous KISS principle (Keep it simple, stupid)..