What war interests you the most?

--
Boots

December 8th, 2003  
Redneck

Topic: What war interests you the most?

Haha, I know the title sounds pretty tore up, but what I mean is, are any of you history "buffs" and if so, do you focus on any particular conflict? Myself, I am extremely interested in the naval battles and warships of the Napoleanic wars, and World War II, specifically the European theater. I'm also more interested in the equipment and training of the troops than the actual operations (don't ask me why, not sure myself).
December 8th, 2003  
diplomatic_means

I am big into World War 2 just about every aspect of it really. If History channel is running a program that has anything to do with World War 2 and I'm not busy you can count on me watching it. WW1 is kind of interesting but I'm not as big into all that trench warfare.
December 8th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Ancient Warfare (Persians up to the Romans) and modern warfare Id have to say are my biggest interests, but overall I really love history and am always looking to learn about new era's.
--
Boots
December 9th, 2003  
Redleg

Favorite war!??
As Gen. Sherman once said: "War is Hell (a hell lot of fun...)" or something like that..

My favorite war must be World War 3-5, because they have never happened.. 8)

Your question is a bit strange, but if I have to pick a "favorite" war it must be World War 2.
I'm very interested in military history, and there is a lot of great examples of good and bad tactics there that we still can learn a lot from today.
December 12th, 2003  
Guardsman_Ca

I don't know why but I like to read about the Civil War.
December 31st, 2003  
>*CrAzY*<

I'm a big WWII person... I'm really into the holocaust and stuff... not really sure why, but yeah, and then bombing japan, and pearl harbor... but i really am interested in those
December 31st, 2003  
Acerbus

Well, I consider myself a student of WWII and Vietnam primarily. Focusing on infantry, special operations and the like.
January 1st, 2004  
Nick42

Well, war is certainly a horrible thing but the war I think is the most interesting is World War II, I have read a alot about it throughout the years.

World War I is rather interesting as well and it's a bit unfortunate that WWI has been overshadowed by World War II since some of the reasons that started WWII goes back to WWI.
January 1st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
World War I is rather interesting as well and it's a bit unfortunate that WWI has been overshadowed by World War II since some of the reasons that started WWII goes back to WWI.
I definetly agree, and concidering the 2nd World War was a direct conciquence of the first one boggls my mind why there isnt as much information about it.
January 2nd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

i think its because the holocaust kinda almost stands as a war itself in a sense, blocking out WWI, and parts of WWII... moost of WWI was trench stuff... which i'm not interested in too much but yeah