what medals and ribbons do YOU have? - Page 2

--

February 29th, 2004  
nagelg

Mmmmmm...as I recall (I'm an old guy) 2 bronze stars w/V, 2 Army accomidation metals, 4 air medals,, a few of unit citations, good conduct (don't know why) purple heart, jumpwings with bronze star (combat jumps), Vietnamese jumpwings....a couple of vietnamese metals of some sort, but the only one that counts is the CIB, combat infantry badge.

George
March 1st, 2004  
soilder79936

i got ROTC ribbions thats all
March 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

well...

i got a bunch of them but i really dont care much about them anymore...my son thinks they look pretty
--
March 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Hmm lets see...

http://community.webshots.com/s/imag...1jcQfar_ph.jpg

8)
March 16th, 2004  
BunYap

AF Commendation Medal 2 oal leaf clusters=3
AF Achievement Medal 1 Silver oak cluster=6
AF Outstanding Unit 1 Silver=6
AF Good Conduct 1 silver cluster
National Defense Service Medal
SW Asia Service Medal 2 oak leaf clusters
AF long Tour Ribbon
AF Short Tour Ribbon
AF longeviety Ribbon 4 oak leaf clusters
AF PME Ribbion with a oak leaf cluster
AF Marsksman Ribbon with bronze star, M-16, 9 mil
AF Basic Training Ribbon
April 22nd, 2004  
USMC Johnny

Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
National Defense Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal

Rifle Sharpshooter(M-16)
Pistol Expert(Berretta 92F 9mm)
April 22nd, 2004  
USMC Johnny

One thing is for sure. The Marines hate giving medals out, I mean you could capture Bin Laden, Save 100kids and Disable a nuke(all in one hour) and they would be like "Bronze Star"

But hey, it means something when you recieve one of those.
May 1st, 2004  
rpgincoming

so far i have very few medals as my service is only at its beginning stage. I have a ribbon for bosnia, a couple of marsmanship things (id rather be allowed to use a sniper rifle) and a good conduct medal. im keeping my fingers crossed for that victoria cross one day
May 1st, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgincoming
so far i have very few medals as my service is only at its beginning stage. I have a ribbon for bosnia, a couple of marsmanship things (id rather be allowed to use a sniper rifle) and a good conduct medal. im keeping my fingers crossed for that victoria cross one day
When did you serve in Bosnia?
I was there in 99.
Please introduce yourself in the Welcoming center...
(we are a bit pushy on that one.. )
May 1st, 2004  
rpgincoming

i was actually in bosnia just last year, we also have word we may be going to Aphganistan if the Canadian government decides to increase our troop support there. I've only been soldiering for about hmmm. almost 4 years so i dont exactly have a lot of experience under my belt like some of you boys, plus for my first year i was in a reserve unit.