West Point vs. Annapolis - Page 2

View Poll Results :Which one Army or Marines?
Marine Corp. 16 64.00%
Army 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

--

January 17th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: hhhh

Dont know...israel dosent have a military academt...officers are promoted from the ranks...so, our Lut. were Sargent Majors before.....
January 18th, 2004  
JediDurron

Anyone want to throw out some numbers for the 1, 1.5, 2 mile and number of sit ups/push ups? Any help at all is apprectiated....this is the goal of my life.
January 18th, 2004  
Redneck

You need under 13 minutes to max the run on the APFT (2 mile) assuming you're under 21, 72 or more push-ups in 2 minutes and I believe it is either 78 or 82 to max the sit-ups (not sure on this one, will confirm when I haven't had so much fun, hooah).
--
February 10th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: getting in

I'm applying for annapolis. They make you remember a whole bunch of things. Such as 3 news articles and breakfast, lunch, and dinner for that day. This will help when you have to remember procedures in manual books. This will also help in remembering intel, amounts and names of people or objects.
February 10th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Haha, I hope I see you there in June Marine, Ill be the one laughing at you guys when your getting your heads shaved
February 22nd, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

West Point and Annapolis are both awesome schools, but there is one distinct difference between them, besides the different services. Their Honor system is what makes West Point vastly superior to USNA. Our honor system is not as flexible as USNA's is. If you ever come to West Point you will not see a lock on anyone's wall locker, the only thing that is locked up are the M14s. At Navy, they have locks on their wall lockers, I guess that there is a need for it.

The other big difference is the different services. The Army is a leadership based organization, unlike the Navy in other words our mission is not designed around the vehicles we operate. If you take the boats away from the Navy, there is no Navy. If you take Tanks or Humvees away from the Army, you still have a viable land fighting force. It just takes longer to get anywhere. Everything in the Army is designed to support the joe on the ground. That is one of the reasons I like the Army.
May 24th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Listen dude you're so lucky you are smart and can get into thoes schools im dyslexic and they probably wont let me in the Air Force Academy but you keep it up... oh yeah GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!
May 24th, 2004  
782.matt

I've heard that you can't choose to be commisioned as Marine Officer, but somewhere higher up in command they can, if they want you, allow you to have that option. That would be the only reason why I woudn't go there and maybe my grades, but those I think are fine.
May 26th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Alot of tsi based on what you do at Leatherneck
May 27th, 2004  
Swift&silent

Heck I used to stand gates at the Naval Academy. I saw both groups being treated pretty much the same way.

The worst happens inside those dormitories

We used to go inside those rooms just to watch these poor people
recite hours and hours of information