View of Brits - Page 4

--

April 24th, 2004  
Ben

JEA, very well said mate. A warm welcome to the forum.
April 24th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

I think that the Brits are the best military in the world. I mean you cannot place the USA and other countries in the same catg. The USA is massive, you cannot fairly compare it to anyone.

So I say the Brits are the best military in the world, hands down! Great Airforce, Great Armor, Great SAS!!!

Brits you rock!!!!

So this is the World Powers(with USA left out)

1. UK
2. Germany
3. Isreal
April 24th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
In Afghanistan four Brittish SBS soldiers were awarded the highest American decoration for rescuing a company of rangers who were pinned down by the taliban. I'm not sure of the exact details of this, such as the lay of the ground etc. but four British special forces soldiers rescuing a company of American special forces is a big deal no matter how you look at it.
lol, this is complete fallacy. I suggest you check your facts before "sharing" tidbits of information to back up your point .. it doesn't help you seem credible.

Stop cheerleading from the sidelines without having any knowledge of what you speak.
--
April 24th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

Don't you just love the partial information that people give??

I can't stand that, or people coming up with like "Yeah I was in the military, I won the Silver Star and the Bronze Star, and 4 purple hearts" and then you check out the info on them and it turns out like they are 13.
April 24th, 2004  
JEA

Quote:
Stop cheerleading from the sidelines without having any knowledge of what you speak.
It was made quite a big deal over here when that story came out. I tried to illustrate the fact that it wasn't first hand information by saying "I'm not sure of the exact details", but it was I think briefly published in "Soldier" magazine (the offial magazine of the British Army), any Brits feel free to correct me on that though.

I'm not going to rise to the bait any further.
So what if you don't believe one of my points (despite having no evidence to the contrary), the rest of them still stand.
April 24th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I'm not going to rise to the bait any further.
So what if you don't believe one of my points (despite having no evidence to the contrary), the rest of them still stand.
There is no bait, lad .. you are using an argument that you have no factual backing on to attempt and prove a point that you obviously have no first hand experience with (the event you mention). I'm not sure what your military experience is, but I have worked closely with British forces in the past, SOF and conventional, and attended many Brit schools, we have a good working rapport with them in the SOF community. Some things we're better at, some things they are better at. That is one reason we often train with each other.

The award was the medal of honour to ONE SBS commando for his role in the Qala-i-Jangi Prision outbreak involving the CIA. One CIA operative was killed, and the other survived. The unit [SBS] returned to the area from their patrol after hearing shots. The 75th Ranger Regiment was not even present, not to mention a "whole company."

As for your points still standing .. they didn't have a leg to begin with.
April 24th, 2004  
JEA

Quote:
As for your points still standing .. they didn't have a leg to begin with.
I know about the prison breakout incident and I thjought I was refering to a different event.

But OK, I concede on that point. I did make clear I wasn't sure on the details of that perticular one though.
But my other points still do stand.

I don't want you to missinterpret my tone. I'm not trying to be derogatory about your forces, they are the most powerful in the world, just possibly not the most profesional.
April 25th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I'm not trying to be derogatory about your forces, they are the most powerful in the world, just possibly not the most profesional.
Quite the contrary, US forces are quite professional in carrying out their duties. That says a lot considering some of the training of our forces is lacking, at best.

I've seen some piss poor units within the British Military, ones that I would not dare want to serve beside nor in the same AO. I have also served with some outstanding units and men, and would glady (even with the Irish/Brit rivarly) have them watching my fourth point before certain US units.

There is some training Brits get that isn't fit for a US supply clerk, and some that even the best US operators recieve to add to their already above standard skill set. The same goes for some of the US schools we allow Brits to attend.

However, one cannot compare the professionalism of the two forces on a generality. Attempting to do so, shows a lack of said virtue.
April 30th, 2004  
BlackJack

American forces are crap. They can't tell the difference between an Iraqi soldier and a British soldier. In Gulf War I they killed more Brits than Iraqis. Surely they must notice that the Brits are the ones with the light skin (some of them) and the technologically advanced weapons. In Gulf War II, the British soldiers had to put Union Flags up in their camps and big signs saying "WE ARE BRITISH. DO NOT SHOOT US" so that the Americans won't shoot at them.
April 30th, 2004  
BlackJack

There is NO military in the world that surpasses the British military. Even the American military doesn't surpass us. Size is no indication of quality. The Americans rely on quantity The Brits rely on quality.