Russia vs China - Page 7

--

July 13th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

They will have to go to the marriage consultor!
July 13th, 2004  
yurry

LOOOOOOOOOOL :P :P :P :P :P
September 24th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I am bringing this topic back from the dead because of some recent news. Read this news article and let me know what you think.

China, Russia pledge further development of strategic partnership

MOSCOW, Sept. 24 (Xinhuanet) -- Leaders of China and Russia vowed on Friday to boost the development of strategic partnership of cooperation, particularly in the economic and trade sector.

Meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao pledged that China will continue to handle relationship with Russia from the strategic and long-term perspective, stressing that China regards Russia as an important strategic partner...

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2017006.htm
--
September 26th, 2004  
Snauhi

yeah but i want to disscuss a "fantasy" conflict with Russia.
September 26th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
yeah but i want to disscuss a "fantasy" conflict with Russia.
But the truth is China can easily conqure/occupy Russia Far East like Mongols have conqured WHOLE rusia before.

Rusia is a sick beer everyone knows, it may hurt your feeling but world people treat you so, face it.
September 26th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Of course, at the moment, war with Russia wouldn't make sense since China is not yet fully independently making their own military equipment. The probability of attacking your number 1 supplier for fighter engines, tanks and other such things ... well its not likely.

I very much doubt that Russia would have any hope of winning such a war, but I think their enormous Cold-War buildup of weapons would help a great deal in the initial phases. Once they run out of all that, they're doomed. China can currently outproduce any nation other than the US and Japan. Russia's a good ways down the list for output these days. The former Soviet Union vs China would have been a MUCH more interesting fight.
September 26th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Let's talk about near future

In less than 10 years, China will overun rusia, as easy as Mongols overun and ruled rusia for 200 years

China is now the 3th largest car producer, next year China will overtake Japan (just reported on CNN), just behind USA, and again after some years, be the #1.

Rusia is a dead bear, we are patient to deal with rusia question.
September 26th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Right, but what I'm saying is that if it happened tomorrow ... Russia would probably put of a decent showing at first -- that is to say that they wouldn't lose ground quite as fast at the beginning. I don't think that Russia would ever have the iniative or the momentum in such a conflict. The best they'd be able to manage would be to inflict maximum casualties whilst they are soundly driven back farther and farther.
September 26th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Yes I agree with you.

Just put another point here:
East Asians have huge mental superiority against Rusians, Russia is the first European country completely conqured by Asians and ruled for 200 years, no one treats rusians seriously although the USSR was strong but USSR was dead. Mongols conqured Russia completely, Japan was planning to conquer Russia before WW2, now next, Chinese are coming again.
September 26th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, its completely off-topic, but Japan DID attack the Soviet Union and got their asses handed to them in 1939.