Russia vs China - Page 10

--

October 17th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
About if Russia has a upper-hand in Air Strikes, let's make clear when?

If we talk about war today, yes, Russia will have upper-hands in Air Strikes in the beginning phase, but after some days all their airbases in close to Chinese border will be destroyed with Chinese cruise missile (range 1500 KM, CEP 5 meters, mass production of DongHai Cruise Missile), then Chinese land troops will crash whole Eastern Russia.

If we talk about war after 10 years, then I doubt if Russia will have any air superiority anymore
where do you read about this things lol... Chineescentury?
October 17th, 2004  
rOk

I think even in 10 years time Russia will have an edge in the air theatre, more aircraft, (some)combat trained pilots, the abundance of conventional cruise missiles (Bear launched), I imagine a lot of emphasis is put on SF right now too(war on terror)...

I don't think the J-10 is gonna be produced in such numbers that it can withstand this.

Besides everyone here is talking about what China will have in 10/15/20 years...and fail to think what Russia(or everyone else) will have in that same amount of time.
October 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

That's right India will be busy with Pakistan

By the way, the Chinese key cities are all far away from India-China border, some 3000 kilometers aways, no chance for China and India engage in a serious war.

Isn't Putin now in China?

Btw, the Russia troops is in rusting we all know that
--
October 18th, 2004  
rOk

Well, they have more recent combat experience then yours do.
October 18th, 2004  
Peanutcat

no interest , no war
no invade, no terror

give a reason firstly
October 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think China may have an edge in a war between the two.
The national will in China is greater, their military seems very motivated now with the new improvements. The superiority in Russian Air Power may be there but I don't think there's that big of a difference.
And it's true, the Russian Army is a bit of a rusting organization.
October 18th, 2004  
rOk

Well, I bet Hitler was saying the same things to himself once upon a time...
Just replace China with Germany.
October 18th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Hitler didn't have overwhelming numerical advantages coming out of his ears like China does. In almost every category, the Germans were outnumbered about 6 to 1. That includes manpower, tanks, combat aircraft, etc, and the Germans didn't even have an overall edge in military tech.

But the truth of it is, there is no good reason for the two to go to war. Whichever side was the aggressor would get little support from the European Union, and probably a renewed weapons embargo if it's China. India is a big friend of the former USSR, and they would jump right in. I don't know what Pakistan is going to do about that. They're scared to death of India. Still, in that 4 way forray, you'd have one 1 billion+ nation on each side and one 200 million on each side. Can we say stalemate and bloodbath??

By themselves, Russia doesn't have the strength to repel China.
October 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

World War II Germany and modern China in comparison to Russia is very different.
Comparing the two is comparing grapefruits and oranges. They're related, but they're different in too many ways to be used as references for each other.
October 19th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
That's right India will be busy with Pakistan

By the way, the Chinese key cities are all far away from India-China border, some 3000 kilometers aways, no chance for China and India engage in a serious war.

Isn't Putin now in China?

Btw, the Russia troops is in rusting we all know that
I think that only you know that... and have you ever been in Russia?

And stop those damned smilys this is a serios discussion not some playgarden.