Marines or Soldiers??




 
--
 
February 17th, 2004  
Anonymous
 
Quote:
Average soldier the United States Marine Corp

Elite soldier United States Navy SEALs
Marines aren't soldiers, they're just Marines.

SEALs are sailors, or very rarely "former" Marines gone awry.
February 17th, 2004  
USMC-Taylor
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
Average soldier the United States Marine Corp

Elite soldier United States Navy SEALs
Marines aren't soldiers, they're just Marines.
sorry man but Marines are soldiers, somone who fights for their country is a soldier the USMC are probably the fiercest and most recognized soldiers in this world
February 17th, 2004  
SHERMAN
 
 

Topic: is this


going for another branch war,are we...?
ill alert the UN
--
February 17th, 2004  
Anonymous
 
Quote:
sorry man but Marines are soldiers, somone who fights for their country is a soldier the USMC are probably the fiercest and most recognized soldiers in this world
Taylor, what's your MOS and where are you? First thing you should have learned at the Island of Hell or out in Hollywood is never to call a Marine a soldier.
Secondly, while most Marines are gung-ho, that's not to take away from any Army dogs (those would be soldiers). They have their share of fierce fighting history.
February 17th, 2004  
Pogue
 
Marines are NOT soldiers. Marines are Marines, or jarheads. In the US, well amongst us military folk, "soldier" refers to the Army.
February 17th, 2004  
Chaotic
 
Quote:
Taylor, what's your MOS and where are you? First thing you should have learned at the Island of Hell or out in Hollywood is never to call a Marine a soldier.
Secondly, while most Marines are gung-ho, that's not to take away from any Army dogs (those would be soldiers). They have their share of fierce fighting history.
As you were Taylor,
you are trying to start a war with the Marines, because as before stated no offence with the army ... We are not Soldiers.. We are Marines... Devildogs!.
fire for effect-you did and you are way off
adjust a few clicks to the left and continue to fire
February 17th, 2004  
SHERMAN
 
 

Topic: Now now...


All of you should take a few deep breaths....Count to ten.
I think USMCtaylor was trying to esteblish that Marines are just as good as Soldiers, he wasent trying to put the Core down(for pits sake, his name starts with USMC). Now, World Wide Branch Warfare isent a good thing...So everybody just relax...Army, Marines, Airforce...You are all defenders of what i see as one of the greatest democracys.God Bless all who defend freedom!
February 17th, 2004  
Redleg
 
 
Amen...
February 17th, 2004  
Anonymous
 
I'm not sure who is upset, but as to my response to USMC-Taylor - I'm not sure if he is in fact a Marine, or simply a Marine hopeful. I would like to know your MOS Taylor, and where you are stationed. This should have little to do with who is better, who is not. In fact, such silly comparisons and/or harsh rivalries are mostly left to those that have never served and feel the need to cheerlead from the sidelines. If one hasn't walked in those boots, one really doesn't know enough to make decisions. I myself have been an Irish Soldier, a US Soldier and a US Marine - with each I have found differences, I have found some good things, some bad thing - but the important thing, that does remain the same is the camaraderie, esprit de corps, and knowing the men next to you at that time (better trained, or less trained than other units or services) will fight with you when push come to shove, and will have your back.
February 17th, 2004  
Chaotic
 
Quote:
I think USMCtaylor was trying to esteblish that Marines are just as good as Soldiers,
...
as good as ?
...
the name on the handle means nothing. As i could tell by the way Safe responded, i could automatically tell he was a Marine. Just because we are trained to think a certain way and that way is to ensure we are distinguished military branch. We do not gloat and say we are better, but we do not classify ourselves as "as good as" or "better than"
we earned our title and take pride in our title of being called the US MARINES. this taylor guy doesnt rate to have the title of US Marine. The 1st time someone calls you a Marine is a memorable one. Ask any Marine the time and place and i can guarantee you... they know... If like before stated on the ROEs do not place "names" if you arent one or wish to be one. people begin to think that you are one... and then begin to embarrass the branch.
Im proud to carry the title of US Marine, and you are G8@ D#24%^! right i will defend its honor and what it signifies. I will not let some low rate punk tarnish what i worked so hard to earn. If he is one ill call him out and re teach some BOOTCAMP values!

YOU THINK MILTON BRADLEY HAS GAMES!.. BROTHER YOU HAVENT PLAYED MINE!