Marines or Soldiers?? - Page 4

--

February 19th, 2004  
Pogue

What does it matter? Army, Marines, we're all fighting for the US. Some chose to go to the USMC, some (me included) decided to go Army. I will say this: You will NOT find a more squared away group of troopers than the marine corps. If you are the enemy, pray to GOD youd on't cross the USMC's path, because, much like the Army Rangers, they will dessimate EVERYTHING in their path (hell yeah )

Yeah, there's an Army/Marine Corps rivalry, but in my view, it's all in good fun.

and RnderSafe is right: unless you have experienced it first hand...yeah...

never the less, I'm still driving to become an Infantry officer...hooah.

p.s. - I hate ROTC with every ounce of my soul.
February 19th, 2004  
Redneck

Why? It's putting you where you want to be. I don't like many things about our program (such as the "if it's rainin, we ain't trainin" attitude you generally come across), but it's going to give me my commission, and I'm proud of what I am. And when that day comes, I will know that I have earned that commission, regardless of what anyone else thinks.
February 19th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

You gotta keep your eyes on the prize. I have been on the enlisted side of the house, believe you me, it is a lot better as an officer. Whenever you start getting down always remember, it really isn't all that bad, and things could always be worse, wherever you are.
--
February 19th, 2004  
Anonymous

Quote:
You shouldn't make snap statements like that, not good form.
Good, perhaps you can learn something from that little statement you made, re your earlier tone. You never know who you're talking to, or attempting to talk down at. If you're going to become an officer, you will need to learn how to deal with others, confidence is one thing .. but arrogance is completely different.

Quote:
I think that qualifies as boots on the ground time.
All depends on what you did.

Now, on to better business.

Quote:
I have been on the enlisted side of the house, believe you me, it is a lot better as an officer.
I enjoyed the enlisted side much better than the officer. Being an officer was great, except for the PC BS that comes with the job, and that is bad enough these days to ruin it for many good O's. Being an NCO helped make me a better officer, but it isn't necessarily better or worse either route.

ROTC can be fairly difficult for those that seek a higher standard, but hang in there .. it's the means justifying the ends - they'll teach you a thing or two, take what you can from it. Besides, you can learn some really great things... like how some women really do look nice in light green and loam.
February 19th, 2004  
Redleg

I think most of you get the point about Marines and Soldiers..

I'll lock this discussion now, before it turns nasty again..

Please start new discussions about this subject if you feel that you haven't said enough.
But remeber the forum rules:
Be polite, and respect the other members and their opinions too!