Marine Corps Trivia - Page 18

--
Boots

February 9th, 2007  
The Cooler King

Who designed the 5th Marine Division insignia?
February 9th, 2007  
Fox

General Bourke?
February 9th, 2007  
The Cooler King

Sorry Fox, that's incorrect.
--
Boots
August 26th, 2007  
03USMC

Major General Keller Rockey.
August 30th, 2007  
Fox

I guess you're right. Since The Cooler King is on MIA list. You can shoot a question when you're ready, Marine.
September 13th, 2007  
The Cooler King

"The new fighting force soon received the honor of its own special moniker: Spearhead. Nearly 600 Marines submitted entries to design a shoulder insignia expressing this name. The winning design, created by a lieutenant named Fergus Young, was a scarlet shield and gold V, pierced by a spearhead of blue."
James Bradley. Flags of Our Fathers. Pg. 157.
September 15th, 2007  
Fox

Crap, I read that book. I should have to remember it. So, it's Lt. Fergus Young.

BTW, welcome back, man.
August 4th, 2008  
AikiRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
the Marine Corps barracks on 8th and I street

Wasn't it the Commandant's home? Not sure the Marine Barracks was there at the time. These days,I know it's considered one and the same but it is a separate building at the location, about a block away from each other.
August 4th, 2008  
03USMC

Since the barracks was in the vicinity of the Navy Yard then and the Commandants house is now part of the barracks I think Barracks works.
August 4th, 2008  
AikiRooster

It is considered the same these days. Marine Barracks, Commandants house as well as MCI. When I was there, former Joint Chiefs, Gen. Peter Pace, was Col. Pace, my C.O.