How to stop China

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nationlist troops numbered 3-4 million during 1937, and was at a very high 7-8 million by 1945, most of them eating off government provisions ready to battle mao and his crew*.

Nationalistc power was more powerful in 1945 than 1937 mainly because they had more support from across the pacific, a huge army and functioning air force, the control of key cities, a new chance to show the chiense people how they could rule china again without doubt, and very little disasters ( before 1945 floods and droughts killed millions)

The chinese communists had 900,000 troops with little more than field artillery and rifles starving aginist 7-8 times the amount of invantry armed with submachienguns and heavy weapons as well as armored divisions.

The point is that gurella warefare is more powerful than you ppl think and that strategy is what won the civil war in china.

FlyingFrog said:
Man can sense that there are quite some ppl who are afraid of a Super Chinese Nation rising soon or are not willing to see China getting stronger and stronger every year.

Then how do you think China can be stopped from Rising Again as Super Nation in the world.

Simple, the US can pull the plug on your expansion whenever we want, who do you think is paying for your nice new planes? Even if their are so few.

Mao killed anywhere from 75,000,000 to 150,000,000 Chinese, how many more than Jews!

We're supplying them with planes!? what!? when!? who!? where!?

provide source or explain yourself better! Or i'm gonna start some kind of crazy protest against our government!

lol

75 to 150 million, um I don't think so. Thats way to high.

But as for China being the most powerful nation, that's like suggesting that Australia will be a super power. It won't happen. Nobody will let China grow too powerful again after the mistakes of the past. eg. Korea and Vietnam.

durign the korean war chian kiked ass because they had pretty bad equipment and arms, and if you look at the korean war crisis, its around 400,000 UN vs 350,000 chinese + 50-10,000 korean troops

CHina kiked ass too in the vietnam war,.... well, in 1979 when china invaded it, but it did conqueror some parts of vietnam and taught the viets a lesson not to mess with the dragon :evil:

Hum, I don't know if that's true or not, but you act as if those numbers were pitted at each other all at once.

For instance, the battle of chosin river, had UN forces at 25,000 and chinese at 120,000.

while, U.S should feel ashamed to not kick china out of korea penisola during Korean war, look at the chinese army there, lack of art (a whole divsion only got 4 piece of hill art),lack of plane, lack of everything, and number was also not that unbalanced since U.S got help from other countires , and it has a large number of south korean army,

many chinese soldiers died , that is ture, i feel sad about it, but U.S didn't win either, its stragitic objective had not been achieved,
even the U.N army's last commander said it is the first time U.S army has to sigh a treaty while they didn't win.

pretty sad for both sides, (Soivet Union was laughing like hell, it sold a lot weapons and didn't lose a single man)

This situation let to the result that most of the Chinese supported Communist. This is a very common knowledge which many of the Eastern and Western historians admit it as well.
Yeah ,I agree with your opinion to some degree.Chinese national economy is destrayed seriously by Japanese invaders. And it is povery that made chinese select Communist.In this sense,maybe Japanese helped Mao .
This explanation is not enough for the issue.In fact ,the communist didin't gain regime in mainland untill the year of 1949.After the war against Japan,Nationalist controlled almost entire China.But most people don't like Nationalist for its corruption and incompetency not somethings of Japanese.
BTW,Si An incident happened in 1936.

AussieNick made it sound as if China was powerful dureing the Korean and Vietnam wars...

I don't mean they were very "powerful" as such, just that they had vast numbers, and fanatical leadership. Plus they were the next big stepping stone in the chain of communism, and it was spreading through Asia from China, thats all I mean.

Last night I watch a show about the setting up of the frist Tibet soccer team. It was coached by a Denmark man in next to nothing conditions with no respect from people and cows all ver the non exsitent pitch.

But you had to admire the want of the players. It was arranged that they would play Greenland in also thier frist international soccer match in Denmark. But there was nothing but hassel for the players in trying to get visas to travel for India.

Then when they got to Denmark the whole match was in dought when the Chinese goverment would not let the match go ahead because the claimed that Tibet is still apart of China and could not play under a Tibet flag.

This was awful for two nations that never had a international team before

Before gloating, the Chinese should realize that what the UN force's situation was when the Chinese attacked.
It was a brilliant Chinese manouver though. They came in with simple plans, and achieved surprise and used their masses to the best effect.
UN troops at that time were low on ammo, fuel, medical supplies etc. and had been on the line for months. The Chinese troops pouring in were fresh.
Once the line stabilized along more or less what is now the DMZ, the Chinese numerical advantage no longer worked.
Not to mention the staggering casualties of the Chinese forces during the Korean War. I wouldn't say they "kicked ass."

westwater said:
This situation let to the result that most of the Chinese supported Communist. This is a very common knowledge which many of the Eastern and Western historians admit it as well.
Yeah ,I agree with your opinion to some degree.Chinese national economy is destrayed seriously by Japanese invaders. And it is povery that made chinese select Communist.In this sense,maybe Japanese helped Mao .
This explanation is not enough for the issue.In fact ,the communist didin't gain regime in mainland untill the year of 1949.After the war against Japan,Nationalist controlled almost entire China.But most people don't like Nationalist for its corruption and incompetency not somethings of Japanese.
BTW,Si An incident happened in 1936.

Oh, So it's happened in 1936, my great mistake.

But do not forget the fact that Communist were nearly destroyed by Nationallist in the pre-Sino Japan war. Communists survived because Japanese came

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back