Diplomatic_Means's trivia - Page 8

--
Boots

February 22nd, 2004  
diplomatic_means

the "correct" answer was wood.

Soldiers of what nation do not have to salute officers and are paid overtime for KP and other undesirable assignments?
February 22nd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Netherlands right?
February 23rd, 2004  
diplomatic_means

You are correct. They were fully unionized in the 1960s. I wonder if unionizing makes them weaker or more determined to fight. One would think weaker but anyways thats another topic for another thread.

How did Napolean Bonaparte finance his invasion of Russia in 1812?
--
Boots
February 23rd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I think I found the answer.

He was a counterfeit.
February 24th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

What bathtub-bathing edict did England's King George VI issue for Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle to cut down on the use of fuel during World War II?
February 28th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I'm guessing either you don't know or are now entirely interested in Silver Phoenix's trivia. Either way the answer is "He decreed that tubs could be filled with no more than five inches of water and had lines painted at the five inch level to make the depth of his commitment clear"

For what expenditure did the tiny European principality of Andorra allocate its entire national defense budget of $5 about twenty years ago?
February 28th, 2004  
Redleg

This one I do now..

The answer is: Blanks..
For use in ceremonial salutes to foreign visitors..

How many blanks do you get for $5??
We could get about 15-20 here in Norway..
(I think it's about $0.30 pr blank)
February 29th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

very nice

As a young naval officer in WW2, what famous American set up the only hamburger stand in the South Pacific?
February 29th, 2004  
Redneck

JFK
February 29th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Wrong president sir, its Richard Nixon.