Anti-Islam filmmaker in hiding after protests

Personally, I have the attitude that if you have to respond with violence and murder because someone belittle your god, then you are less intelligent than an ape.

If there is a movie you have two choices. View it or don't. If you view it and it offends you then push the stop button or leave the theater. If you know in advance that you are going to be offended and you still view it, you need medical assistance.

I compare this whole thing with someone who lost a knive. The one who picks it up stabs himself with it and then accuses the owner because he is hurt.

Those muslim fanatics go very easily through the roof. Someone already listed two of them but there's also the movie Persepolis and Fitna from the Dutch politician Wilders.

The problem is that we are only allowed to do what they approve.

An Iranian delegation threatened to leave because they were insulted of the alcohlic beverages that were served. The Belgians backed down. I wonder if the Iranians would give the Belgians beer in Iran if they threatened to leave.

In Morocco the Belgian minister of Justice was completely ignored because she was a woman.

I wonder what they would say if we removed the burkas and nikabs from the women because it offends us!

if i go out and insult Israel and Zionists you call me anti-Semitic and i get trialed, but if you go out and insult our prophet [PBUH] we are brutes who oppose freedom of speech.
I'm not saying that its an excuse for killing people though. the ambassador had nothing to do with the actions and killing him was a st stupid ask from stupid individuals.

assuming you are a christian i don't think you'd like it very much if i pile up some bibles and set fire to them, would you?

But that is the point if you call insult Israel or burn a bible you might get a protest and at the worst arrested for disturbing the peace(hell around here you may even get a medal) but you are not going to get killed for it.

It is not that you protest about these things that causes problems it is the extreme lengths that they go to that causes the problems.

Personally, I have the attitude that if you have to respond with violence and murder because someone belittle your god, then you are less intelligent than an ape.

Yet the world has fought countless wars in the name of God, I think people need to understand religion as a whole is a problem.
I also tend to believe that if you need a deity of any kind your intelligence should be in question.

Last edited:
They should hold the film maker personally responsible for the death(s).

Are you kidding me Capt Frogman??? This is America and we have freedom of speech.

For goodness sake, Jon Stewart, Colbert and SnL do this and more every darn day poking fun of people not to mention what atheist have said about Jesus.

If they wanted to gather and have signs saying they don't like the film, go for it but to kill a man and others who have done nothing but work on behalf of the Libya and its people is what is messed up, not the guy who used his freedom of speech to express his opinion in a film.

And that was your first thought and comment and nothing came to your mind about how this was used on 9/11 to kill Americans AGAIN?

Makes me sad.

^^^ Yep, I'm with him. ^^^

Mind you, those who allowed to be shown should be held responsible too. Just another Israeli attempt to get the US all fired up.

Just another attempt for the Isreaeli's??? I lived in England for 6 years and can't tell you how many times I saw people marching in front of the govt buildings there as well as here in the US, Islams and Muslims and Atheist and the Left has said things against the US, Bush, Christains and Jews etc and they get a pass?

Only the US and Isreal have to sit back silent and do nothing when being attacked or killed?

Come on guys, that is not really fair, is it?

We have the freedom of speech here and the freedom to worship a faith or not without fear of being KILLED is that so wrong to base a country on?

I agree however I don't know what your laws are like on this issue but here you are held responsible if something you do causes injury to others and the charge increases in severity if you know before hand that your actions are likely to cause injury or damage.

Excuse me Monty but why do you hold Americans to that rule of hand and not acknowledge the hate coming out of other countries towards the US?

I went to YouTube to see what this movie was and what was so offensive that they had to kill innocent people over, mind you, not the person who did it but people who had nothing to do with it.

Sure it pokes fun and I am sure offensive or insulting to them but not a reason to kill over. They need to act like humans and not barbaric savages, just speak up and say they don't like it, make their own film, which by the way they have done, you should have seen the amount of hateful things on YouTube that suggested Jews were Satan...it is all hate if you ask me but again not a thing to kill over.

Actually I'm not for restricting people on what the can and can't say. We're all entitled to voice our opinions.

You have to draw the line somewhere though? The US ambassador (amongst others) have lost their lives because of the actions of some religious mental case. How can that be right? Innocent people have been killed all in the name of religious free speech. These people would be alive today had this idiot not been so stupid.

Say what you like about the various religions, makes no difference to me. You should however feel the full force of the courts if your actions result in deaths of innocent parties.

Capt, those innocent Americans lost their lives over many religiouis mental cases, the gangs of barbaric savages that stormed the building and killed them, not the action of one man who made a movie to express his voice and thoughts or religious belief.

You are telling the rest of us we have no rights for freedom of speech and the only ones who do are the barabric savages that will kill if you dare to speak against them, how fair is that?

Actually I'm not for restricting people on what the can and can't say. We're all entitled to voice our opinions.

You have to draw the line somewhere though? The US ambassador (amongst others) have lost their lives because of the actions of some religious mental case. How can that be right? Innocent people have been killed all in the name of religious free speech. These people would be alive today had this idiot not been so stupid.

Say what you like about the various religions, makes no difference to me. You should however feel the full force of the courts if your actions result in deaths of innocent parties.

So you silence a person and put the law and courts on him and you don't even think to put the courts to people that actually killed?

That seems messed up to me.

What if someone came to England like say Hitler and said all you Brits don't speak out against me or for the Jews or you will be killed?

Sorry, but I don't think you would want to live in fear like we are from just being American or speaking your mind. Sheesh, can you imagine the death rate for speaking your mind after a night in a pub?

It's covered by the 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech and freedom of expression. I don't at all agree with the way these nuts voice their opinion, but prosecuting them with out amending the constitution won't happen unless it can be proven they meant to cause the two incidents.

Yes they meant to inflame jihadists no doubt about it but it's not legally punishable.

Now we are going to amend our constitution to protect the killers?

Mind you, the killers didn't even kill the person who "inflamed" them!

So what is next, I am at a coffee house and say something that offends or inflames someone and they can go out, get in their car and run people down?

Bad bad bad thinking there.

I think we should hold fire on this as the film could have been doctored by some Muslim faction just to stir up trouble. Still what annoys me is that the Muslims feel they have the right to attack any one who speaks out on the prophet, yet feel they have the right to attack Christians and burn the Christian churches

Sheesh, finally LeEnfield, it is getting really lonely these days.:drunkb:

I would have thought that people would have learned their lesson after the events involving Salman Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" and the Jyllands-Posten cartoons.

Most first world countries have laws against public blasphemy and acts designed to deliberately cause public offense because of their likelihood to bring about public disorder or rioting. I have little doubt that this "film" was made to deliberately cause outrage among Muslims, and therefore I feel that the maker is at least 50% responsible for what happened.

How many times do we need to hear the old catch cry, "It's all a great joke until someone gets hurt or killed, and then people start baying for blood".

Come on senojekips, people come here and live here in America and burn our flag, go to the funerals of our soldiers and call them killers in front of their family, write books and speak on shows all day long against America, against Jews, against, Jesus, against religion, against political parties and for Islam radical groups like Al Queda, Taliban, Hammas, Muslim Brotherhood etc etc

But someone who speaks out against one group have to live in fear of being killed or jailed?

Ugh, that is messed up.

If you wish to look at the bottom end of the scale,... Yes.
Here in Australia it's all covered under "Incitement" (Once called "The Riot Act") Punishments for which, ranged from a warning right through to the Death penalty when we had one.

These Laws cover all degrees of severity, from people who constantly provoke or incite others to commit a Breach of the Peace, right through to actively inciting Murder or Terrorism, and I'd say this case comes pretty much at the top of the list. No doubt it also falls foul of Laws on Racial and Ethic Hatred, and probably a dozen others.

In view of the two cases that I quoted in my earlier post, we can't say that we had no idea of the possible consequences.

Hmm, so I guess I can look back on your past post and see where you would have sited the same rights for people who are victims of other hate crimes?

Say if a Black Panther was on the radio calling for killed the white pigs?

Say if a show was thrown a President Bush or he was called a killer?

Say if the KKK said hateful things against blacks?

Say if Atheist put signs up against Jesus or Jews?

Say if someone burned the American flag or your flag?

I guess it is endless what other groups have done in the past and I am just sure you are as hard on them?

I am not a religious and this film is not important for me but I want to know why there are strict lows for holocaust or Jews or racism or blacks but Insulting Islam is legitimate.

The producer of this movie is an Zionist Israeli. he knows well for what reason he has made this movie.

You can maybe sue the person over a hate crime but you can't go kill four innocent people because a guy said something that hurt your feelings. I think that is the difference hamidreza

I think it depends where you are as to what is acceptable and what isn't, it isn't illegal here to make movies about Christ or the holocaust nor is it illegal to paint Christ in a bad light or the Germans in a good light.

The question is why should Islam be protected when other religions aren't?

I am agnostic/atheist I think all religions are ridiculous why in a nation with free speech should saying so be life threatening?

In my opinion the maker of the movie is partially right, he claims Islam is a cancer on humanity I don't think he went far enough as I think all religions are a cancer.

Wow Monty, I am not atheist but I think you fair with this post and I wouldn't want you killed because you said you don't believe in a God

if i go out and insult Israel and Zionists you call me anti-Semitic and i get trialed, but if you go out and insult our prophet [PBUH] we are brutes who oppose freedom of speech.
I'm not saying that its an excuse for killing people though. the ambassador had nothing to do with the actions and killing him was a st stupid ask from stupid individuals.

assuming you are a christian i don't think you'd like it very much if i pile up some bibles and set fire to them, would you?

Again, I might be sad or not pleased with you for burning a bunch of bibles or my flag for that matter but I wouldn't then go and kill four innocent people OWEG

I don't believe I'm contradicting myself.

Out of all of the countries in the world, 99% of the incidents originate from the US....

It's obviously worried the US enough to have immediately stepped up security at its embassies....

99%???

Granted we are a large country and lord knows we are expected to step in and help out the world when something bad happens and I know we are having our legal system and freedoms minipulated by others but I sure in the heck don't see us as the bad guy in all of the world issues Capt.

That is what I am talking about Froggy, well said, what took you so long to post? lol

But that is the point if you call insult Israel or burn a bible you might get a protest and at the worst arrested for disturbing the peace(hell around here you may even get a medal) but you are not going to get killed for it.

It is not that you protest about these things that causes problems it is the extreme lengths that they go to that causes the problems.

Yet the world has fought countless wars in the name of God, I think people need to understand religion as a whole is a problem.
I also tend to believe that if you need a deity of any kind your intelligence should be in question.

Oh, you went too far there for me Monty. Why can't I have my faith if you can not have yours?

If I am not hurting or killing anyone with my faith, why should it be taken away from me?

When I look back at all the wars, it was not because someone wanted to believe in God that caused the trouble, it was when someone else wouldn't let you believe in your God or told you that you had to believe in theirs or none at all.

If there is a movie you have two choices. View it or don't. If you view it and it offends you then push the stop button or leave the theater. If you know in advance that you are going to be offended and you still view it, you need medical assistance.

I compare this whole thing with someone who lost a knive. The one who picks it up stabs himself with it and then accuses the owner because he is hurt.

Those muslim fanatics go very easily through the roof. Someone already listed two of them but there's also the movie Persepolis and Fitna from the Dutch politician Wilders.

The problem is that we are only allowed to do what they approve.

An Iranian delegation threatened to leave because they were insulted of the alcohlic beverages that were served. The Belgians backed down. I wonder if the Iranians would give the Belgians beer in Iran if they threatened to leave.

In Morocco the Belgian minister of Justice was completely ignored because she was a woman.

I wonder what they would say if we removed the burkas and nikabs from the women because it offends us!

It seems very one sided to me too VDKMS

99%???

Granted we are a large country and lord knows we are expected to step in and help out the world when something bad happens and I know we are having our legal system and freedoms minipulated by others but I sure in the heck don't see us as the bad guy in all of the world issues Capt.

I don't see the US as "the bad guy". Far from it.

Just seems these religious nutters in the US have a free reign?

When was the last time some from the UK posted some sort of anti Islam stuff on the Internet, resulting in the stuff we're seeing today?

The US aren't helped by the fact that the middle east despise them due to the recent wars.

Back