Vladimir Putin checkmates the West

Why should we slow down just because we're ahead?
This is the only part of your post I felt necessary to respond to... Though I've said it countless times before, I will say it again...Because, when it boils down to it, we are all children of God. We are all human, we all bleed red blood, and we are all in it together in the end. When God divides the world into those saved and those condemned, it won't be based on who was the most advanced, it will be based on those who led good lives. Forgive me if I'd rather not burn eternally just because I wanted to lead a good mortal life...

Better than hearing the news second hand from them, it may be better to read the News of the World.

"Allies may tell you what you wish to hear, but a real friend tells you what you need to know".

Spike Jones. 1947 - 2---

Aah yes, my friend; but none of our opinions holds the monopoly on truth or judgement. There are two sides of every coin.

"A real friend does both " - Solomon.

(Back next week)

Last edited:
"A real friend does both " - Solomon.
I cannot find any reference to that effect, and I strongly suspect that Solomon was not that big a fool, as to try to curry favour by massaging the egos of his friends.

That may be OK at a party, where we're all half full of lunatic soup,... but it's certainly not the sort of thing a friend should do to another in all seriousness.

Another case of throwing mud when faced with an opposing view-point, I'm sad to see.

I was kind enough to point out that your judgement is not that of Solomon, and that another opinion, (happens to be mine in this case), is just as relevant as yours, and should not be insulted with charges of 'currying favour and massaging egos'. Just cut the dodgy innuendo and be happy to stand on the merits of your own case. The next time I attempt to 'curry favour' will be the first ; and that is why I am 'detested around the world.' That's OK.

The Gospel according to you - You have the monopoly on honesty, your opinion is superior; on the other hand, my opinion is irrelevant with a hidden agenda.

Do me a favour old chap. Stop continually relying upon insult to make your points. That don't suit a straight talker.

Gone fishing.

Oh please. The US is hated and loved around the world. There is nobody who is just indifferent.
You either like or unlike it.
I can bring you here hundreds of people I know who like the Americans, people from everywhere, people of all kinds, upbringings, levels of education.
Henderson you guys are hugely hated but just as much loved too. Point is haters happen to be more talkative than lovers.

Last edited:
Italian Guy got it there... People who don't like something are more vocal that people who do like someone

This is the only part of your post I felt necessary to respond to... Though I've said it countless times before, I will say it again...Because, when it boils down to it, we are all children of God. We are all human, we all bleed red blood, and we are all in it together in the end. When God divides the world into those saved and those condemned, it won't be based on who was the most advanced, it will be based on those who led good lives. Forgive me if I'd rather not burn eternally just because I wanted to lead a good mortal life...
So we should all lead miserable but well-meaning lives on earth so that we can lead nice ones once we kick the bucket.

Sort of leaves no alternative for those who don't share your religious views.

You really think the United States is leading a miserable lifestyle right now? You think we NEED to develop more at a rapid rate?
I think that according to your post above that I should become a monk.

And why should we ever be satisfied with what we have? Even filthy stinking rich people strive to make more money (i.e. ExxonMobil) but that's different apparently...

Very good, but not quite the extreme I was talking about. You said we shouldn't sit on our lead, I'm saying we should. Because it's one HELLUVA lead. I have to ask TOG, what ARE your religious views? I never said anything about it being OK for rich people to strive to make more money, in fact, I have a particular dislike for the company you mentioned. You can't put words in my mouth. All I said was that we should be happy with the ridiculously high standard of living we already have here in the States for the sake of helping humanity in general get a little closer to it.

PS, I really would appreciate it if you would stop assuming that I mean the ultimate extreme of my words... I mean exactly what I say.

Henderson you are a smart kid as someone else has said already. I hope you're as good with ladies as you are here. If not, I allow you to work on that front :)

You said we shouldn't sit on our lead, I'm saying we should. Because it's one HELLUVA lead. I have to ask TOG, what ARE your religious views?
I'm more worried about helping the poor in this country before I start worrying about the poor in Iraq. Heck, I'm more worried about the poor in Sudan, Zimbabwe, or a country like that.

And, in answer to your second question, I'm officialy Catholic, but my views are really pretty Agnostic.

My religious views: Officially a catholic, Un-officially a believer in CatGod (The God of the internet)

I think we should constantly develop; eventually technology will reach a point where there is no more expansion, but everyone is better off for it. IE keep advancing, someone could develop something that gives electricty & clean water FREE to EVERYONE. And something that creates crude oil for roughly the market value at the moment. See?

Advancement is good.

Sure it is. But why should we stop people advancing?

(to clarify: the message i got off Hendo's posts seem to be that we should stop all advancement in the US)

Then you obviously missed my meaning, again TOG, I would very much appreciate it if you would NOT put words in my mouth as it is getting rather irritating.

I never said stop advancing, but I did say to help others do the same. (By the way TOG, sitting on a lead doesn't mean stop playing. It means stop punishing and just coast. I suppose that's another thing you didn't get.)

I got news for ya. Honda was the only automotive (not just American made) company to post a profit last quarter. It's not JUST American made. It's EVERYONE. Anything else?

Back