Top Canadian sniper quits

A Canadian Forces sniper who set a distance record by killing an al-Qaida fighter from more than two kilometres away has quit in frustration and may go into mercenary work.

Master Cpl. Arron Perry made national headlines twice in 2002: the first was anonymous, after he shot an al-Qaida fighter in Afghanistan from 2,430 metres, a world record.

The second was public and ugly. Perry, 33, and a 13-year veteran, was accused of discreditable conduct after he allegedly cut the finger off an al-Qaida corpse, defecated on another and then had his picture taken with a corpse that had a lit cigarette hanging from his lips and a sign around his neck reading "F**k Terrorism."

full story

yeah i think the farthest Hathcock got was 2500yds which is still i hell of a shot. I dont know about the canadian getting in to much trouble though. I mean he DID do some wierd shit but when you think of all the stuff they see and the terrorist beheading ppl i think he almost had a right to. I just think some :cen: media person got hold of this and ran with it :evil:

I can't say that it's a good idea to be in that type of picture or any picture at all if you are a sniper. I found them to be quiet and avoid publicity when possible. Still an amazing shot.

SMPRfidlis said:
yeah i think the farthest Hathcock got was 2500yds which is still i hell of a shot. I dont know about the canadian getting in to much trouble though. I mean he DID do some wierd shit but when you think of all the stuff they see and the terrorist beheading ppl i think he almost had a right to. I just think some :cen: media person got hold of this and ran with it :evil:

First of all, 2500 yards is 2,286 meters, and isn't that 2500 yards an approximation anyway? Kinda odd that he would get such a round number. And second, he scored with an .50 M2 machine gun, so it wasn't a "true" sniper kill. I'm not trying to discredit Carl Hathcock, he was one of the best snipers America ever had, but his record got beaten.
And yeah, people at home sitting comfortably in their couches watching war on television have no idea what it's like, and how soldiers must behave in order to survive and keep their sanity in a combat zone. The again.. shitting on a corpse, that's a little weird wouldn't you say...

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Sounds like a creepy guy. Hates terrorism, though...

The enemy should always be afriad that if their killed in battle they'll have some guy defecating on their corpse instead of going to meet 72 virgins.

Heck, I think that should be our stanard SOP. It'll mess with their head. Along with dipping our ammo in pig blood. When I was in Afghanistan. We did that, they freaked out. And strangely. Those terrorist F**K heads would surrender than die by my weapon. I wonder why!?!? :twisted:

5.56X45mm said:
Heck, I think that should be our stanard SOP. It'll mess with their head. Along with dipping our ammo in pig blood. When I was in Afghanistan. We did that, they freaked out. And strangely. Those terrorist F**K heads would surrender than die by my weapon. I wonder why!?!? :twisted:

NO NO NO THAT'S WRONG! How dare you! How dare you say such things.

Psychological warfare can only be committed by our enemies. Only they are allowed to do bad things and tell our citizens it is hopeless in Iraq. We have to be right 100% of the time and if the terrorists kill a civilian it is our fault for not protecting them. They are allowed to have the psychological initiative. They are allowed to fight a psychological war. And we should just sit back and take it, slowly losing support for the war, slowly losing the war. If you strap a bomb to an 11 year old girl and run her at soldiers you are okay. If you wave a white flag and blow yourself up when the soldiers come to accept your surrender you are a freedom fighter. But if you are a US soldier who accidentally shoots an unarmed known millitant because you thought he had a bomb you are wrong.

Thats so incredible, wouldn't it be absolutely fascinating to go back into time to watch him take that shot. 8)

YO THX FOR POSTING THAT I ENJOYED THAT THUROLLEY!

Back