Thoughts on the Russo-Ukranian War?

Apparently there has been joint training exercises with Finland and Sweden, there has been remarks that both Finland and Sweden might join NATO. Both would be a good asset for NATO

They are the attacking force in the current exercises...

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/v...ato-military-exercises-in-norway-136155717772

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/s...advance-northern-norway-join-nato-drills-cold

https://www.dw.com/en/war-in-ukrain...and-finland-closer-to-joining-nato/a-61003152

Finland is aware it used to be part of Russia...

So was Georgia and Ukraine yet here we are.

I will be honest I can not agree with this editorial more...

https://www.digitaljournal.com/worl...ons-are-destroying-russia-as-a-nation/article

Last edited:
Putin is pushing Finland and Sweden into NATO, it is quite interesting to see how everything that Putin doesn't want to happen, happens. He wanted to divide EU and NATO, the opposite happens. Countries that would never join NATO during normal circumstances are now considering to join NATO after being threatened by Russia.

Quite frankly, Putin is his own worst enemy.

I'm surprised his own people haven't got rid of him, I don't know if he can be impeached or simply taken out and shot.

Quite frankly, Putin is his own worst enemy.

I'm surprised his own people haven't got rid of him, I don't know if he can be impeached or simply taken out and shot.

I think that is Russia's version of impeachment.

Putin is pushing Finland and Sweden into NATO, it is quite interesting to see how everything that Putin doesn't want to happen, happens. He wanted to divide EU and NATO, the opposite happens. Countries that would never join NATO during normal circumstances are now considering to join NATO after being threatened by Russia.

I suspect that is what is irritating him the most, my personal opinion is that "strength" is big in Russia and when Putin embarked on this retards day out in Ukraine he was banking on the West fracturing with Europe needing his gas and the US needing oil, what he got was the exact opposite, the west unified, Europe decided it was the catalyst it needed to ween itself off Russian gas and the US decided to use its own oil, to add insult to injury instead of seeing a strong, powerful leader everyone one wondered whether Putin had lost his mind, had a stroke or was suffering from a cancer that made him unstable and erratic.

Then the great three-day mission to pacify a bunch of "Jewish Nazis" turned into a giant cluster **** of epic proportions that exposed his military as a bunch of incompetent halfwits who when the going got tough turned into an ill-disciplined rabble who stole and murdered their way back to Russia.

It is clear that Russia can't let this go or that will be the end of Putin and Russia only understands strength as such I think we should sell as much offensive weaponry as Ukraine needs to park an MBT in the doorway of the Kremlin and get Putin's signature.

The loser in all of this was probably China who was quietly hoping a fragmented west would scurry away and let them invade Taiwan.

The final winner will most likely be the US which has shown some level of leadership to unite the West and will profit handsomely from future weapons sales to resurgent NATO militaries.

Last edited:
We will see what happens when or rather if Russia launch an offensive from the Donbas or north of Donbas and from the south to encircle the Ukrainian forces in the eastern part of Ukraine. It would be easier for the Russian logistic to support a narrower combat zone with lesser prongs and with prongs that can support each other. The Ukrainians are asking for tanks, IFV's, artillery, and aircrafts. They will probably get what they are asking for. If I were an Ukrainian commander, I would try to attack the Russian supply lines in Crimea, Donbas, and north of Donbas. Even attacking supply depots on the Russian side of the border.

The war is entering another phase.

If I were an Ukrainian commander, I would try to attack the Russian supply lines in Crimea, Donbas, and north of Donbas. Even attacking supply depots on the Russian side of the border.

The war is entering another phase.
It's a shame they can't hit into Russia, either don't have the range or don't think it would be survivable. The US sold planes to Taiwan that have reduced range so they would be "defensive" in nature. I'm sure that is looking like a bad idea right now.

It's a shame they can't hit into Russia, either don't have the range or don't think it would be survivable. The US sold planes to Taiwan that have reduced range so they would be "defensive" in nature. I'm sure that is looking like a bad idea right now.

I would be surprised if Ukrainian pilots are not in the US or a NATO country learning to fly the F-16 or F-18 as the US has a stockpile of them in storage, maybe Sweden wants to flog off a few Grippens?
My preference would be to give them medium and long range drones for offensive work.

Last edited:

The Ukrainians attacked the fuel depot on the Russian side of the border with Hinds. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when the Ukrainians get anti-ship missiles. I have said this before, but I really want the bridge between Crimea and Russia destroyed.

The Ukrainians attacked the fuel depot on the Russian side of the border with Hinds. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when the Ukrainians get anti-ship missiles. I have said this before, but I really want the bridge between Crimea and Russia destroyed.

To be honest I think what they really need is some cruise missiles.

There is a bit of rumor going around that the fuel depot attack was a false flag operation although I can't figure out why as they are already at war.
Basically the argument is that the attack on the military depot was a Ukrainian strike and there were casualties but the fuel depot was attacked with no casualties which is rather odd or very fortunate timing.
Strangely it is also the one attack the Ukrainians deny and the Russians have been relatively quiet about yet they are regarding the attack on the military depot as a crime.

Last edited:
Yes, I heard that, but it seems a bit odd to attack your own fuel depot. False flag attacks occur during war and Russia doesn't have a lot of casualties if we are asking them.

The Czechs are providing Ukrainians with T72's and BMP1s. The Australians provide with APCs . It has been quite silent about the Polish MIG's.

Yes, I heard that, but it seems a bit odd to attack your own fuel depot. False flag attacks occur during war and Russia doesn't have a lot of casualties if we are asking them.

The Czechs are providing Ukrainians with T72's and BMP1s. The Australians provide with APCs . It has been quite silent about the Polish MIG's.

Slovakia are handing over the S-300s as well.
Seems this is the chance for all the old Soviet block to ditch its old Russian gear for shiny new western gear.

I thought the former WP countries had sold all their old Soviet/Russian equipment, but apparently they hadn't.

The US is considering some sort of a lend lease to Ukraine. That seems to be a good idea.

The war is entering a new phase. The Russians will focus on the east and the south. The Russians have finally one commander for the entire war. They might get their strict command structure to work, but getting one top commander will probably not work if the whole command structure is just too strict. The regrouping of forces from the north to the east will take a little time and these forces are not useable for awhile. These forces need to get new equipment, to get new personnel, and to rest.

Will we see a more symmetric war when the Russian forces try to launch new offensives to trap the Ukrainian forces east of the river Dnieper. The eastern part of Ukraine is suited for mechanized warfare. However, even if the MBT's, IFV,s, APC's, and howitzers can drive around more or less where ever they want, their supply trucks can't. We will also so see if the Russians manage to get their logistics to work.

We will see if the Ukrainians are able to do something about the Russian supply lines, fuel and ammo depots in Crimea, Donbas, and in Russia. I also think the Ukrainians need to get the tools to do something about the Russian air defense in the east and the south.

Maybe even provide the Ukrainians with underwater drones. We will probably not know the extend of the "new" lend lease.

nothing public here. usual line is providing familiar equipment that wouldn't require retraining.

I saw it reported on youtube, but I do agree with you on the training. The Abrhams must be far more complicated then what the Ukrainians are use to.

I saw it reported on youtube, but I do agree with you on the training. The Abrhams must be far more complicated then what the Ukrainians are use to.

I don't think there is a major problem to get an Ukrainian tank crew to operate an Abram tank, it even be easier to operate for the Ukrainians crew. Modern equipment are more user friendly than older one so it might be easier for the gunner of an Ukrainian tank to get used to the sights and in a more modern tank. It might be easier for the driver as well. The commander might find it easier to use the command and control too.

The Ukrainians need to find an additional individual for the crew, when the Abrams have a four men crew, the Russian tanks T64, T72, T80, and T90 have a three men crew.

The problem will be the maintenance of the Abram tank and a huge part of the maintenance must be done by the crew.

I heard the Germans are considering to provide the Ukrainians with the German self propelled howitzer 2000

I heard the Germans are considering to provide the Ukrainians with the German self propelled howitzer 2000

The "Germans" haven't.
In a truly German way of getting around it looking like the German government are supplying them to Ukraine the manufacturer (Krauss-Maffei Wegmann) has offered them to Ukraine but they will come from the existing ones in the Bundeswehr arsenal and they will make new ones to replace them.

The war is entering a new phase. The Russians will focus on the east and the south. The Russians have finally one commander for the entire war. They might get their strict command structure to work, but getting one top commander will probably not work if the whole command structure is just too strict. The regrouping of forces from the north to the east will take a little time and these forces are not useable for awhile. These forces need to get new equipment, to get new personnel, and to rest.

I guess the question is what does Russia have left?

It would take months to reinforce and get some form of cohesion working for units already withdrawn from combat due to losses, merging units will also cause cohesion and morale problems if as they claim they have used their "contract" army then conscripts and hauling in units from far-flung parts of Russia are all they have left.

Then they have the problem of equipment, the amount of smouldering crap they have left all over the battlefields of Northern Ukraine can not have been replaced in such a short time.

In the meantime, Ukrainian forces are constantly training replacement troops and their existing regular forces and territorial defence units have gained valuable experience and are equipped with more and better equipment day by day.

I am convinced after seeing the last month of fighting that the key to defeating the Russians is to get behind them and attack their logistics but whether Ukraine has that ability now is another thing.

In my opinion, it is still a war Russia cant lose but man are they doing a great job at proving me wrong.

Last edited:
So we can expect to see the Russian army attacking with T34/76 and T34/85 pretty soon.

This is interesting...

Key Russian railway bridge destroyed in Belgorod near border with Ukraine, good start but I am still convinced the Kerch rail/road bridge would be more useful if destroyed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...troyed-in-belgorod-border-region-with-ukraine

As some reported information about weapons supplies...

https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_an...n_receive_in_six_weeks_handelsblatt-2533.html

Last edited:
Back