The Killing of al-Qaeda's No. 3: Does It Matter? (Time.com)

Beer or Opium?....

A medium in one Culture.... A problem with the other...

A problem in one culuture.... A lively hood in the other....

That definitely runs both ways....

Maybe the implications run fundamentally deeper than politics....

Last edited:
Well, as an American comic said, drugs are banned just to not give money to "brown people".

We are doing extreem efforts to sell wine in the Muslim world, even if it's considered as a drug in their countries...

And if i had to chose between driving under the influence of wine or weed... I would take weed anyday, it may slow me down a little, but I wont get all excited and driving like a madman because of weed...

But our world isnt coherent... Our laws are here to protect powerful people. It's part of the economic war.

And to answer to SeeHund,you are the kind to believe the official version. I hope you are right buddy.

A lot of what we are all looking at in the situation in the Middle East, can be exactly that, as far as what we claim to be success in our culture, can be seen as something else entirely in theirs.

An adjustment of perception at least is something that still needs worked, all in all, killing of the Leadership of the terror cell, was planned, and seen as a Western Victory, even if the Coalition may have known that other than there, it would have been seen otherwise.

So times you do something just because it makes you feel better, regardless of how effective or how much of a footprint it will make.

Whether the Coalition did this or idk, I am not a policy maker.

But adjusting you outlook on the situation to at least better understand how your enemy sees you well.

Sometimes that seems as hard as converting the components of a rocketship from standard to metric while blind folded.

And to answer to SeeHund,you are the kind to believe the official version. I hope you are right buddy.

And the official version can obviously never be the truth. If that is what you believe - be my guest.

So times you do something just because it makes you feel better, regardless of how effective or how much of a footprint it will make.

But understand one thing. When you see the fight against al-Qaeda it is clear that you can only evaluate from what you know. It is like a football game where you sit among the spectators and watch the game. You only see two teams playing and thus can only evaluate the game from what you see on the field. What is spoken in the locker room that could give an indication of why the two teams play like they do is something you do not have access to.

Never be true? I dont know about that. But yeah, I dont trust governments...

In our era, I believe that we have every right to be paranoiac.

Never be true? I don't know about that. But yeah, I don't trust governments...

In our era, I believe that we have every right to be paranoiac.

I am not attacking you so you can put down your flamethrower haha.

Just I beg to differ, government involvement seems to be at an all time low around here, unless people want something, that maybe why there is a little distrust going on lately. Or rampant policies on foreign affairs, including the conflicts against terror cells like Al Qaeda, and the dozens of others.

Everybody seems to think this war is about victory. That is the catch slogan, sure. Terrorism will be around for as long as anybody on this forum is alive, most likely much longer. In my eyes it boils down to a chess match minus the checkmate. The West is trying to establish it's dominance over a religious belief. It's not about victory, its about finding a comfortable little niche we can live with. We are making it a point that they need to keep their trash off of our lawns. Once we stop playing on their field they are going to come and play on ours. We can't wipe them completely out nor can we change their minds. All we can do is keep playing the game and adjust fire as new situations arise.

Last edited:
Big_Z, I agree with you, and this is why I say that the victory wont come from the military... It will be a political victory.

There will be no peace without equality. We live in a world under a western dominance... Then, Western powers will be attacked until they are destroyed or until balance is restored between the white man and the the others...

We behave like a Westerner's life is worth 10.000 lives? Then, they are ready to sacrifice 1000 men to get one of our people...

And they dont feel guilty, because they still think that they give 10 times more value to life than their enemies...

This is the story. We have the power to deal with the dictators and other corrupt people and criminals... And we are doing nothing about it.

Big_Z, I agree with you, and this is why I say that the victory wont come from the military... It will be a political victory.

There will be no peace without equality. We live in a world under a western dominance... Then, Western powers will be attacked until they are destroyed or until balance is restored between the white man and the the others...

We behave like a Westerner's life is worth 10.000 lives? Then, they are ready to sacrifice 1000 men to get one of our people...

And they dont feel guilty, because they still think that they give 10 times more value to life than their enemies...

This is the story. We have the power to deal with the dictators and other corrupt people and criminals... And we are doing nothing about it.

Depends, trust me somtimes the thing people are not willing to part with, comes from working with some of the most crooked and vilest people on the planet calling themselves leaders today....

But victory, is in my opinion is both a military and political victory, in this particular situation, they are like almost all major conflicts in the past, are inseperable, takes more than just one full effort one part to get thing done here and now.

It's hard enough trying to word that to not make it look like I know everything...I can only get the fuzzy image on the situation at best.

I think the main objective should be to make these international problems local problems. That is, the footprint of the US must get lighter and the involvement of friendly local forces must get heavier. It's very easy for terrorists and whatnot to get people behind them if they are seen as fighters against a "foreign oppressor." It's much harder for them to do this against a local government, especially if the victims of their attacks are mostly locals.

I think the main objective should be to make these international problems local problems. That is, the footprint of the US must get lighter and the involvement of friendly local forces must get heavier. It's very easy for terrorists and whatnot to get people behind them if they are seen as fighters against a "foreign oppressor." It's much harder for them to do this against a local government, especially if the victims of their attacks are mostly locals.

+1 Absolutely agree.

Agree
Think Global, Fight Local

Back