Someone please tell me what (a paratrooper) boot camp is like?

Many years ago, a crack military unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.
These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the British underground.
Today, still wanted by the government, They survive as soldiers of fortune !
oh

How did the Brit Pack come together? Same branch?
We all met on a defunct police forum, Tango and Tanky were military veterans and serving police officers, I was a moderator, former military police and serving civilian traffic officer, we joined this forum, where we were corrupted by the deviant 13, airborne joined my forum and followed me here when Tango/Froggy passed. Hawky was also a member here and was welcomed into the ranks by way of his British parents. Tanky has retired from the police and the last time we spoke, he was 8n the process of emigrating to Spain, we haven't heard from him since, so he may have drunk himself to the afterlife! 🤣

Have you ever tried (free)falling from a fully functional stationary helicopter then? 🤓
Not tried that, we just got loaded into a hot air balloon taken up and told to get out, once we passed that they shoved us out the arse end of a C-130 five times and called it a day.
It amazes me the stupid things I was happy to do at 17 without a care and now standing on the house roof scares the hell out of me.

"Hitler made only one big mistake when he built his Atlantic Wall," the paratroopers liked to say. "He forgot to put a roof on it."

-Band of Brothers (page 56, Chapter 4)

"Hitler made only one big mistake when he built his Atlantic Wall," the paratroopers liked to say. "He forgot to put a roof on it."

-Band of Brothers (page 56, Chapter 4)
That is not necessarily accurate as without a relieving force airborne troops lose their effectiveness rapidly, the first airborne division at Arnhem are a good example of this.

And what did they say about you joining the jump boys?
"The first requirement is to get test and physically qualified. Then you would have to pass the Airborne physical. For the rank of Master Sergeant, You would have to be in the Army for a minimum of 10-11 years."

That is what was in the email.

Back