Someone please tell me what (a paratrooper) boot camp is like?

Delta

Gott Mit Uns
I've been wanting to be a paratrooper (in the army) but I have no idea what it'll be like. If anyone knows what it is like can you please explain the training that is needed to join the 82nd.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've been wanting to be a paratrooper (in the army) but I have no idea what it'll be like. If anyone knows what it is like can you please explain the training that is needed to join the 82nd.

Thanks
I think the best thing you can do is to contact the local recruitment office for the army to hear what they say about requirements for belonging to the people jumping out of fully functional airplanes.

Why not the jumps?
Because he decided to be a monkey (the British military police, the official military party pooper) instead

I will push the British Para Rupert in this direction. He is an officer in their airborne unit and he knows what is required of the British paratroopers and they are what I suppose pretty close to 82nd Airborne.

Thanks

Are you afraid of heights ?

Are you physically fit and healthy ?

You will need to pass a basic fitness test before you can even start paratrooper training.

These links should provide an overview:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks I'm not scared of heights and I am healthy

That’s a good start !

The links posted provide a general overview of what is required.

My knowledge and experience is limited to UK paratroopers.

If you’re serious about signing up, speak to your local recruitment office and ensure you can meet the physical medical entry requirements !

I feel like this is the longest a thread has stayed on topic.
And I haven't been here for a month!

We had 2 British police officers, myself and a young lad Canadian born of British parents, so we were always having good banter.

How did the Brit Pack come together? Same branch?
Many years ago, a crack military unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.
These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the British underground.
Today, still wanted by the government, They survive as soldiers of fortune !

Back