Someone please tell me what (a paratrooper) boot camp is like?

"The first requirement is to get test and physically qualified. Then you would have to pass the Airborne physical. For the rank of Master Sergeant, You would have to be in the Army for a minimum of 10-11 years."

That is what was in the email.

So what are you waiting for !

Enough time to take up skydiving, it wont stop you having to do all the basics again but at least while those around you are looking nervous you will be fine.
Alright. Be ahead of the class with the jumps.

Alright. Be ahead of the class with the jumps.
Well not really, think of it as getting better prepared mentally, just remember no matter how much experience or how much training you have done for it you will still have to follow instructions and do it their way.

Well not really, think of it as getting better prepared mentally, just remember no matter how much experience or how much training you have done for it you will still have to follow instructions and do it their way.
ok

You know I heard the song "Blood on the Risers" and that made me want to become a paratrooper.

You know I heard the song "Blood on the Risers" and that made me want to become a paratrooper.
Odd I listened to Snoopy's Christmas but it didn't make me want to join the Air Force...

Just for reference
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Then again the brother did so who knows.

I listened to Billy Connolly's In the Brownies and didn't want to put a girl guide outfit on! (Not until the weekend anyway! 🤣🤣🤣)
Both the Baron Knights and Not the nine o'clock news did a great take off of David Bowie's Space Odyssey called Ginger Tom.

Not suggesting it, just saying is all...

That said I did have to sit next to a screaming kid on a flight to Australia once and that made me want to jump out of an aircraft.

Last edited:
Odd I listened to Snoopy's Christmas but it didn't make me want to join the Air Force...

Just for reference

Then again the brother did so who knows.
"Blood on the Risers" is about a Paratrooper falling to their death.

Both the Baron Knights and Not the nine o'clock news did a great take off of David Bowie's Space Odyssey called Ginger Tom.

Not suggesting it, just saying is all...

That said I did have to sit next to a screaming kid on a flight to Australia once and that made me want to jump out of an aircraft.
Throw the Kid out. Problem solved. Your Next problem: Prison.

Back