Should Bush meet with Cindy Sheehan?

I am in agreement with everything that has been previuosly stated by DTop & Doody on this subject. I have the following results of a poll conducted by the Army Times online (as of 18:00 EST 31 Aug 05):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you feel about Cindy Sheehan, who is citing her son's combat death in demanding a meeting with President Bush to discuss the war in Iraq?

Her camp-out near Bush’s Texas ranch is appropriate 26.76 % (1,158)
Her camp-out is inappropriate 69.84 % (3,022)
I don't know 3.40 % (147)
Total votes: 4327

tomtom22 said:
I am in agreement with everything that has been previuosly stated by DTop & Doody on this subject. I have the following results of a poll conducted by the Army Times online (as of 18:00 EST 31 Aug 05):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you feel about Cindy Sheehan, who is citing her son's combat death in demanding a meeting with President Bush to discuss the war in Iraq?

Her camp-out near Bush’s Texas ranch is appropriate 26.76 % (1,158)
Her camp-out is inappropriate 69.84 % (3,022)
I don't know 3.40 % (147)
Total votes: 4327

Amen tomtom22. She's gone now so everything afterwards is moot.

Missileer said:
Strongbow said:
Missileer said:
Lord Londonderry said:
Yes, but she has forced him to change tactics. Amazing isn't it.

I' m going to have to ask, once again, and just how is that? Prove it.

Prove it?? That seems are rather "cornered" type of thing to say. Maybe we could get George to do a lie detector and ask him"Have you been influenced by Cindy Sheehan lately?" Would that be enough proof Sir??

Oh, I see it as a fair question to ask someone who declares that our military tactics or even political tactics are changed because of Ms Sheehan. Maybe you have the answer. I'll wait with bated breath. If there is nothing but your hatred for President Bush that prompts this position, then say IMO, not a fact.

Strongbow has a hatred for good old George W? Don't think so.

Are you getting very defensive about George? Yes

Things are now only going to get worse for George but you just keep on defending him, M! He needs people like you. :lol:

If you can't see how George changed his tactics during the Cindy S saga then I can't help you.

Well being a richard isnt a good way to make friends, and i cant see how he has forced him to change tactics either. He's still saying were staying the course and still not setting a time table. The only thing he might of done is point out the mother that all of her sons and husband were in Iraq. And thats even arguable. I dont consider 15 seconds a change of tactics.... Richard

Rabs said:
Well being a richard isnt a good way to make friends, and i cant see how he has forced him to change tactics either. He's still saying were staying the course and still not setting a time table. The only thing he might of done is point out the mother that all of her sons and husband were in Iraq. And thats even arguable. I dont consider 15 seconds a change of tactics.... Richard

Of course he isn't going to pull out. We all know that.

And of course the moderators will not touch you either.

Yeah Cindy Sheehan made Bush change tactics, so did the Kamakazi pilots of WW2. A lot of good that did the japs. Changing tactics just means you're more effective against the evil.

Whispering Death said:
Yeah Cindy Sheehan made Bush change tactics, so did the Kamakazi pilots of WW2. A lot of good that did the japs. Changing tactics just means you're more effective against the evil.

totally agreed

1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see her petitioning. I see her out there raising hell on the homefront and driving a wedge between the people and the elected leader. I see her using the media and being used by the opponents of President Bush as a tool to discredit him.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yes, everyone is entitled to speak their mind. Do I think she is doing this in a proper manner? No.

I currently serve in the Marine Corps. I have not been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. I have seen the loved ones of those lost overseas. Their grief is overwhelming. But I do not see all of those that have lost loved ones doing what she is doing.

The Honorable George W. Bush is our elected leader, we may not always agree with his politics nor do we have to. But that does not mean that a person should go and, in my opinion, make a mockery of the 1st amendment right.

Pronunciation: 'trE-z&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English tresoun, from Old French traison, from Latin tradition-, traditio act of handing over, from tradere to hand over, betray -- more at TRAITOR
1 : the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY
2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

Main Entry: treach·ery
Pronunciation: -rE
Inflected Form(s): plural -er·ies
Etymology: Middle English trecherie, from Old French, from trechier, trichier to deceive, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin triccare -- more at TRICK
1 : violation of allegiance or of faith and confidence : TREASON
2 : an act of perfidy or treason

Main Entry: trai·tor
Pronunciation: 'trA-t&r
Etymology: Middle English traitre, from Old French, from Latin traditor, from tradere to hand over, deliver, betray, from trans-, tra- trans- + dare to give -- more at DATE
1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty2 : one who commits treason
Main Entry: pa·tri·ot
Pronunciation: 'pA-trE-&t, -"ät, chiefly British 'pa-trE-&t
Etymology: Middle French patriote compatriot, from Late Latin patriota, from Greek patriOtEs, from patria lineage, from patr-, patEr father
: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests
Main Entry: se·di·tion
Pronunciation: si-'di-sh&n
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin sedition-, seditio, literally, separation, from se- apart + ition-, itio act of going, from ire to go -- more at SECEDE, ISSUE
: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

Some harsh words there. This is in response to someone in a previous statement where they mentioned that she is not commiting treason or betraying. I am too tired to go back and search for the post. Refute it if you will.

If you put it in the broadest or even a narrow viewpoint then anyone that speaks out against our country and what we are doing can be called a traitor or be committing treason.

Now, aren't we all glad for those that have laid down their lives so that we and others could enjoy our lives and live them as we wish? - within reason of course.

cindys_lament.jpg

Lord Londonderry said:
Missileer said:
Strongbow said:
Missileer said:
Lord Londonderry said:

Prove it?? That seems are rather "cornered" type of thing to say. Maybe we could get George to do a lie detector and ask him"Have you been influenced by Cindy Sheehan lately?" Would that be enough proof Sir??

Oh, I see it as a fair question to ask someone who declares that our military tactics or even political tactics are changed because of Ms Sheehan. Maybe you have the answer. I'll wait with bated breath. If there is nothing but your hatred for President Bush that prompts this position, then say IMO, not a fact.

Things are now only going to get worse for George but you just keep on defending him, M! He needs people like you. :lol:

If you can't see how George changed his tactics during the Cindy S saga then I can't help you.

No, you can't help me if that is your only evidence. By the way, you're coming awful close to flaming the President of my country. I'm too much of a man to reciprocate, besides, showing a lack of respect is flaming.

Missileer said:
Lord Londonderry said:
Missileer said:
Strongbow said:
Missileer said:
Lord Londonderry said:

No, you can't help me if that is your only evidence. By the way, you're coming awful close to flaming the President of my country. I'm too much of a man to reciprocate, besides, showing a lack of respect is flaming.

Hey he's a politician Missileer. Don't get so precious.

Of course his public behaviour has changed over recent weeks. I'm not talking about policy.

Don't you think Cindy S had something to do with it? How much convincing do you and other contributors on this forum need?

Strongbow said:
Hey he's a politician Missileer. Don't get so precious.

Of course his public behaviour has changed over recent weeks. I'm not talking about policy.

Don't you think Cindy S had something to do with it? How much convincing do you and other contributors on this forum need?

Are you sure precious is the correct word for me, I am straight FYI. As for the rest of your post, you have to show more than your perception that something has changed the President's public persona.

she will not fade away

"The hurricane proves what George Bush is doing to make our country less safe,'' she said. "We're so vulnerable right now. We need to bring our troops home to keep our own country safe.''

"The people running our country plan on never bringing our people home."

from google news

Just another leftist fascist that uses her brave sons death in her own selfish agenda. As always amongs the fascist left the illusion is more important then the reality and the lack of instinct of self-preservation is glowing as always around these fascists. :roll:

//Doc.S
:viking:

Back