Own A Musket For Home Defense

Cornwallis was forced to surrender due to late arrival of reinforcements and bad weather. That's what you get for putting aristocracy in charge instead of battle hardened NCOs, you wouldn't have won if the mad Scottish regiments were in theatre!!🤣🤣🤣

Eh, I mean America beat them twice. How hard could I be.
The US never beat the British in either of the wars the two fought.

What they did do, was make continuing the fighting to victory more expensive than the Brits were willing to pay given the other problems the Empire had at the time.

The US Revolution was, at best, a minor side show for the Brits. A place to get inexperienced Junior Officers blooded. In the end, the Proto US was let go with the belief that they would return to the fold after their experiment failed.

The War of 1812 (or as the Brits put it ‘the American War of 1812’) was, again a minor sideshow. The Brits were busy with Napoleon at the time. Minimal effort was put into New World operations and it was an unmitigated disaster for the US. It’s only a couple of centuries of bad history teachers repeating Official Policy, that allow this war to be called a US victory.

I remember taking part in a military exercise in Germany in the 80s, the Americans provided a battalion of US Military Police for the exercise, we performed exactly the same role with just a platoon of Royal Military Police. 👍

Who helped you win two, TWO World Wars?

America initially took a neutral stance at the start of both world wars ! :unsure:

You only joined once it affected your own interests ! Plus your military wasn’t up to the standards of ours at the start of WW1 ! 🫣

Back