New threat - Internal Body Bomb

perseus

JEDDAH – Suicide bomber Abdullah Asiri had inserted around half a kilogram of explosives into his own body to carry out his failed assassination attempt of Prince Muhammad Bin Naif, Assistant Minister of Interior for Security Affairs, last week.
As more details emerged of the events surrounding the attack that took place at the Prince’s home in Obhur, sources told Okaz newspaper Friday that Asiri’s mobile telephone was equipped with two SIM cards, one of which was used to speak to call members of the terrorist organization in Yemen, and the other to detonate the device located inside Asiri’s rectum via a call from the group....

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2009090548928

Strange because I was recently thinking why don't they hide explosives in the same way as drugs, inside the body? It seems there weren't successful in this case perhaps due to the limited amount of explosive, but it shows what extreme lengths they will go to.

How does airport security check for this sort of thing? Is it possible to consume a large amount of an explosive substance, perhaps in capsules, then another capsule releasing two liquids that spontaneously combust once the coating dissolves?

Could dogs be of any use for smelling explosives concealed in this form? Perhaps an ultrasound scanner may show something? I think it is an evolving war, who knows if aircraft will be eventually grounded.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2009090548928

Strange because I was recently thinking why don't they hide explosives in the same way as drugs, inside the body? It seems there weren't successful in this case perhaps due to the limited amount of explosive, but it shows what extreme lengths they will go to.

How does airport security check for this sort of thing? Is it possible to consume a large amount of an explosive substance, perhaps in capsules, then another capsule releasing two liquids that spontaneously combust once the coating dissolves?

Could dogs be of any use for smelling explosives concealed in this form? Perhaps an ultrasound scanner may show something? I think it is an evolving war, who knows if aircraft will be eventually grounded.

I'm not too sure, but I believe that airport scanning machines are being rolled out that can detect these liquid explosives, I know they were trialled as I got to be a guinea pig whilst running for a flight.

It is a potential danger, but not one that is really realistic, given that virtually every flight is delayed and shuffled - you'd more likely end up exploding in the lounge rather than on an aeroplane.

I doubt if they could pack a lot of explosive up the backside. However, I see some of these fat guys and I bet they could stock a few Kg of explosive inside their stomachs. Of course a operational insert may be possible as well.

Since the blast would be cushioned with flesh with no shrapnel I guess their target would be a pressurised air cabin.

A bit of a nightmare come true, remember Mr Creosote the Monty python character, in the meaning of life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlK62rjQWLk

I am guessing the next step in security is going to be laying on the baggage scanner with our carry on luggage to be x-rayed as you board aircraft.

Didn't they do something similar in the movie Total Recall?

:)

I'm not sure how a body scanner would be able to tell the difference between food/drink and explosive though, especially if it was in a liquid form.

I'm not sure how a body scanner would be able to tell the difference between food/drink and explosive though, especially if it was in a liquid form.

I am pretty sure they have scanners that can differentiate between explosive liquids and non explosive ones although i am not sure whether it would be safe to be scanned by one as i think it is intended for scanning luggage . i would also assume that a terrorist would have these liquids contained within themselves with some type of packaging because them chemicals used to make explosives generally wouldn't agree with peoples insides . if this is so having packages of anything stored internally would be suspicious in any case.

Last edited:
Probably wouldnt but it should be able to detect anomalies that could be investigated further.

found it! the NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) scanner can detect chemical compounds found in explosives in any materiel whether it be a shampoo bottle or a person.
Probably wouldnt but it should be able to detect anomalies that could be investigated further.
what is this in reference to?

That would give new meaning to the term "excuse me" :)

Seriousley though, too bad they don't die on the spot when they do that kind of stupid stuff.

I doubt if they do unless they manage to get a lot of explosive up there, it must be a horrible way to die, wouldn't your upper torso be thrown clear?

Better be careful the next time I eat a lot of beans! :smile:

well, considering what their going to do with an ass full of explosives, I really don't care how horrible it is for them, or which body part goes in which direction. Their terrorists, they don't deserve any comfort when the die :)

But yea be careful with the next can or beans, I hear methane is really really explosive in its gas form.

Saw a picture of the guy who did put the explosives up his butt, to be honest, it didn't do that much damage, well, not to others, he, from the waist down was a mess, from the belt line up, he was almost complete. Not pretty. I've thought for a long time, why haven't they pulled this off before. How about a pregnant looking person [man] in a burka, packed full of explosives. AKA, fake pregnancy, the ways are limitless. If we're talking about it, its already been thought of, wait and see.

Sounds like an extension of "Dance of the Flaming Arseholes", just goes to show that our enemies learn from us, but what do we come back with?

I guess the solution is to eat plenty of beans to start with and use the bomb as a detonator, only trouble is everyone will have evacuated beforehand anyway!

More seriously though this must be an awful way to die, they will certainly suffer for their sins!

Back