Michelle: Barak's home Country is Kenya

That is odd because I think the only things that would have prevented me voting for McCain was his age and choice of VP, I am still unsure how Obama gained the reputation he has for oratory but what I heard from him through the elections were not that of genius but of a decidedly ordinary man.

That being said I would have voted for Stalin to see the back of Bush and once he was no longer an option it really didn't matter who won.
You see, Monty, John McCain voted with George Bush's decisions over 90% of the time. It would've been Bush the Third with him... And God forbid he die in office.
As far as it goes I do think you should keep the "Natural Born" requirement because if you get rid of it you will end up with clods like Schwarzenegger in the job through notoriety.
Well, I know it's a dangerous line of thought, but I believe the United States citizens are capable of sorting out the riff raff from the true candidates for presidency if we WERE to get rid of the natural born requirement. But it will never happen. So it's really a moot point.

Personally I think palin is prettier than Obama, but qualified or not Obama is more qualified that Palin to hold office.

That being said I would have voted for Stalin to see the back of Bush and once he was no longer an option it really didn't matter who won.

You see, Monty, John McCain voted with George Bush's decisions over 90% of the time. It would've been Bush the Third with him... And God forbid he die in office.

Personally I think palin is prettier than Obama, but qualified or not Obama is more qualified that Palin to hold office.
Probably nothing to it, but is this any diffrent than Dems still claiming Bush 2 stole the 2000 election? Obama does seem to be putting an effort into obfuscation of a number of details of his life. Monty-Bush's term was ending regardless of the outcome. Rob-Was Bush 1 a continuance of Reagan? Not hardly. I'm sure Republicans in general voted with Bush 90% of the time, suspect Dems vote in a 90% block for thier stuff, but it is the other 10% where the diffrences are. McCain put a lot of effort in being a pain to curry favor with the Press. I think Dole & McCain got noms because of Media manipulation. While Palin's view seemed to be Provencial in nature she has way more executive expierience than the Community Organizer had. Obama is a wizard with a well written speech & a teleprompter, take away either he doesn't seem much better than George W.

Claiming a voting dispute is pretty low but accusing the President of falsifying his birth records is a whole new ball game.

They visited Barak's home Country, Kenya! Said so herself.
Forgive my iggerant foreign ass, but I'm confused here. So what does this mean? Is he no longer President or is he ineligible to be President, is it illegal to be born outside the US, what exactly is the big beef?

Last edited:
Obama is a wizard with a well written speech & a teleprompter, take away either he doesn't seem much better than George W.

At least he seems to be able to string a coherent sentence together.

As for the policies of the government - most of the time they are universally unpopular as they are aimed at balancing the books (sometimes), gaining the vote for the next election and cementing some kind of deal to their benefit. That is the art of politics and politicians practice this, as it is their career.

The serious flaw that we have is in the west is that we expect our politicains to be above corruption, whereas the rest of the world expects them to be corrupt. Time to take a leaf out of the 3rd world I think.

Forgive my iggerant foreign ass, but I'm confused here. So what does this mean? Is he no longer President or is he ineligible to be President, is it illegal to be born outside the US, what exactly is the big beef?

The *supposed* issue is that the constitution says that the President must be born within the United States to be eligible. It goes back to when the country was founded when their was a fear that foreign agents (mainly the UK) might try usurp the government and push America back toward the British Empire.

Why its an issue? There are a group a people out there who are having allergic reaction to the idea of a black president and have come up with this crazy conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Kenya not the United States and therefore ineligible to be President. This is despite the fact of seeing his birth certificate (which they claim is not genuine) and 1961 newspaper birth announcement that Obama's parents placed in a local Hawaiian newspaper. Another bit of annoying evidence is that the Birrthers claim that Obama is from Kenya, but Kenya didn't exist as a independent country until 1963 and Obama was born in 1961.

Last edited:
The *supposed* issue is that the constitution says that the President must be born within the United States to be eligible. It goes back to when the country was founded when their was a fear that foreign agents (mainly the UK) might try usurp the government and push America back toward the British Empire.

Why its an issue? There are a group a people out there who are having allergic reaction to the idea of a black president and have come up with this crazy conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Kenya not the United States and therefore ineligible to be President. This is despite the fact of seeing his birth certificate (which they claim is not genuine) and 1961 newspaper birth announcement that Obama's parents placed in a local Hawaiian newspaper. Another bit of annoying evidence is that the Birrthers claim that Obama is from Kenya, but Kenya didn't exist as a independent country until 1963 and Obama was born in 1961.
Why are you guys obsessed with his Race? We had the same reaction to HillaryCare that we have with ObamaCare, & it would be the same if Ms Clinton was Prez. There are Obama relative who have said that he was downloaded in Kenya. Apparently he got a scholarship reserved for foriegn students, ect. There is room for doubt.

Sure...
and those rumors would surface because his father wasn't born in the US or Europe.
If you had a guy running for President and his father was born in Oslo, Norway how many people do you think there would be accusing him of being Norwegian born and therefore not eligible to become President? Hardly anyone.
As for the guy claiming that President Obama was born (not downloaded, you douche) famous people are surrounded by rumors that are simply not true. Usually in the form of quotes. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations
Now President Obama is a huge celebrity in Kenya for obvious reasons. It's very possible that an overexcited relative said something untrue to get attention or whatever. So was it worth looking into? Yes. But there is proof that he was born in Hawaii and the "evidence" to support his birth in a foreign land have proven to be false so far. So give it a rest.

I agree with you up to this statement above. I will have to respectfully disagree with you concerning the qualifications of Palin and Obama. Aside from being a community organizer (Still don't really know what that is), President Obama has never managed ANYTHING. Palin was chief executive of an entire state. Obama's experience is limited to the local level (Chicago), then a 1 term senator (we all know how bad THEY are) then onto the Whitehouse.

BTW. I DO agree that Palin is prettier than Obama.

Why are you guys obsessed with his Race? We had the same reaction to HillaryCare that we have with ObamaCare, & it would be the same if Ms Clinton was Prez. There are Obama relative who have said that he was downloaded in Kenya. Apparently he got a scholarship reserved for foriegn students, ect. There is room for doubt.

I think that the folks suffering from white guilt are the ones who are wrapped around the axle on this one. BTW, Obama is not White, he is not Black either. He is mixed race. Which has nothing to do with his qualifications or abilities to do the job.
As I have said before, if Hillary could have found ANYTHING to prevent him from being president, she would have sprung it during the campaign. At this point the issue is MOOT. No point in crying over spilt milk. Time to Move on.

I suppose God forbade you from researching the other candidates? Wasn't just McCain, Rob. And that is ALL I hear. McCainMcCainMcCainMcCainMcCainMcCainMcCainMcCain. Nothing but McCain & Obama. Well, think again. I voted for Alan Keyes.
And no that is not a secret code name for McCain, either.

Did you even dare look at the other candidates, Rob?

I agree with you up to this statement above. I will have to respectfully disagree with you concerning the qualifications of Palin and Obama. Aside from being a community organizer (Still don't really know what that is), President Obama has never managed ANYTHING. Palin was chief executive of an entire state. Obama's experience is limited to the local level (Chicago), then a 1 term senator (we all know how bad THEY are) then onto the Whitehouse.

Oh yes, She is that. But how does Obama get more experience than her? She was the governor of Alaska. He was a congressman. The governor has far more authority than a congressman. A congressman passes laws. Over all she has far more experience as a leader than Obama did.

Claiming a voting dispute is pretty low but accusing the President of falsifying his birth records is a whole new ball game.
How many thousand republican lawyers and private investigators are there in this country, if there was anything fishy about President Obama's place of birth, don't you think 'one' of them would them would have found a descrepency??? Plus... 'only' Congress has the power to challenge the issue as to whether a candidate is not eligible to be president.

Barry Goldwater (1909–1998) was born in Phoenix, in what was then the incorporated Arizona Territory of the United States. During his presidential campaign in 1964, there was a minor controversy over Goldwater's having been born in Arizona when it was not yet a state.

John McCain (born 1936), who ran for the Republican party nomination in 2000 and was the Republican nominee in 2008, was born of two U.S. citizen parents at the Colón Hospital in Colón, Republic of Panama. The city of Colón was outside the US-administered Panama Canal Zone and remained Panamanian territory throughout the existence of the Canal Zone. The former unincorporated territory of the Panama Canal Zone and its related military facilities were not regarded as United States territory at the time.
In April 2008 the U.S. Senate approved (100-0) a non-binding resolution recognizing McCain's status as a natural born citizen.

On July 27, 2009, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 593, commemorating the 50th anniversary of Hawaii's statehood, including the text, "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961." The vote passed 378-0.

There is a nice article about the eight presidential candidates with what some could call possible questionable birth places!
URL:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_born_citizen_of_the_United_States

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Interesting find about John McCain and the others.
Were the others huge controversies at the time? I don't recall McCain's being controversial at any point.
If they were controversial and highly publicized, then we would be wrong to consider it a racial matter. If they were not considered a big deal, doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

Last edited:
He's still your President.
If I'm not mistaken, weren't folks like yourself accusing the left of being unpatriotic because they were not showing President George W Bush any sense of respect for the office he held during his Presidency?

He's still your President.
If I'm not mistaken, weren't folks like yourself accusing the left of being unpatriotic because they were not showing President George W Bush any sense of respect for the office he held during his Presidency?

Never accused the left of that. Yes he is my CinC. Until I retire, I must follow the orders of the officers appointed over me.
Do I have to like the orders? Nope. As long as they are legal, I am obligated to ensure they are carried out.
Do I have to like the officers? Again. Nope.
As a private citizen, am I allowed to disagree with either orders or officers? Yep. Sure can.

BTW, CofM. Since you display a U.S. Flag under your avatar. He is YOUR president too.

Most conservatives stick to the facts. It tends to be the liberals who spout hateful nonsense when they have no facts to prove their point.

I was talking to George.
I agree with everything you said though I don't necessarily agree with the final two sentences. You don't have to like the guy and it's everyone's right to criticize him, but to go so far as to say he was "downloaded" in Kenya among others is out of line.

I think both sides tend to have their turn at being full of it. One of the biggest misuse of "facts" by conservatives was the bailout. I just can't seem to get the guys critical of it to understand that by not bailing out these banks, at best you'd have a destroyed economy and at worst you can have a civil war.

Yourre wrong on this.

Obama was a Illinois state senator (population 20 Million) for 10 years was a US Senator for 5 (out of 6) years only quit only because he was elected President.

Palin served as City Mayor for 6 years of a town of 5000 served less than half a term as Governor and quit because the job was too tough for her.

Who is it really whose better qualified?

George

1. As I said before, Obama was born in 1961, Kenya became a independent country in 1963. You cannot claim he was born in Kenya if Kenya didn't even exist at the time. The Math just doesn't add up.

2. What about the birth ad in the Honolulu Advertiser? I already posted the link. You Birthers certainly have a hard time explaining that one.

3. Honestly, If Obama were White would anyone be questioning his birth? How many times have Presidents been asked to provide proof of birth before Obama? Just a odd coincidence that the first time in our 230 year history it happens its done to the first Black President.
And before you answer, remember that nobody questioned McCain's birth certificate and he was born in Panama.

4. If there were any truth to this story, don't you think Hillary would have found it during the primaries? Not even the GOP rent-a-mouths like Rush and Coulter are touching this. You really think a bunch of bitter old racists are going to do any better?

Last edited:
Yourre wrong on this.

Obama was a Illinois state senator (population 20 Million) for 10 years was a US Senator for 5 (out of 6) years only quit only because he was elected President.

Palin served as City Mayor for 6 years of a town of 5000 served less than half a term as Governor and quit because the job was too tough for her.

Who is it really whose better qualified?

George

1. As I said before, Obama was born in 1961, Kenya became a independent country in 1963. You cannot claim he was born in Kenya if Kenya didn't even exist at the time. The Math just doesn't add up.

2. What about the birth ad in the Honolulu Advertiser? I already posted the link. You Birthers certainly have a hard time explaining that one.

3. Honestly, If Obama were White would anyone be questioning his birth? How many times have Presidents been asked to provide proof of birth before Obama? Just a odd coincidence that the first time in our 230 year history it happens its done to the first Black President.
And before you answer, remember that nobody questioned McCain's birth certificate and he was born in Panama.

4. If there were any truth to this story, don't you think Hillary would have found it during the primaries? Not even the GOP rent-a-mouths like Rush and Coulter are touching this. You really think a bunch of bitter old racists are going to do any better?
Obama was in the US Senate less than 2 yrs when he decided he was qualified to be Prez, but Palin has more admin Ex. than Obama, Biden & McCain added together. I'm not a birther, just having fun poking at the issue. There was a brief controversy about McCain, untill it was pointed out both parents were Citizens.

Back