Mexican Troops Cross Border, Hold Border Agent

Just to give everyone a little perspective.

Recently the cartels decided to have a fire fight in Matamoros Mexico the body count ended up between 8 and 10 depending on your source.

The weapons were military grade rifles. At least four of these rifle were rifles that had walked off with Mexican Army deserters.

Several rounds crossed the border and struck buildings on the campus of UT Brownsville.

Thats why the news reports have a international flavor.

what exactly happens in that type of situation?
like what happens if someone got struck by those rounds?
what do authorities do in a situation where people a firing at you from acroos the boarder?
being Australian i have a limited understanding of land boarders so this is quite novel to me...
:-D

You try to work with the Mexican Goverment and get extridition of the shooters. The Mexicans refuse. The US Goverment relents to the Mexican refusal. So in short....nothing happens to the shooters

so potentially i could sit on the other side of the border picking people off and then soon as the authorities turn up i take and i would get off scott free?
that is just ridiculous...

Yeah pretty much how my goverment deals with it. Me I'd lay about 20 rounds of 81 mm mortar HE on ya followed by a sweep of your pos by a platoon of pissed offed Marines or 11b types to desecrate your corpse. But I don't run anything.

Sure they do ref this thread. Nothing happens to them. But a Border Patrol Agent or Deputy or patrolman engages a smuggler on this side of the border. they get prosecuted full bore by USDOJ. So as not to offend Mexico. God I love politics and lilly livered US Politicians.

Yeah pretty much how my goverment deals with it. Me I'd lay about 20 rounds of 81 mm mortar HE on ya followed by a sweep of your pos by a platoon of pissed offed Marines or 11b types to desecrate your corpse. But I don't run anything.

well that is how they should deal with it...

exactly...
but seriously what is stopping the US government from doing just that, from a legal stand point there is nothing stopping you and even on a political stand point surely the voting public would be in support of having secure boarders...
as long as you don't go shooting the immigrants (just the ones that are shooting across the border) lol i don't think the US economy could handle that...

exactly...
but seriously what is stopping the US government from doing just that, from a legal stand point there is nothing stopping you and even on a political stand point surely the voting public would be in support of having secure boarders...
as long as you don't go shooting the immigrants (just the ones that are shooting across the border) lol i don't think the US economy could handle that...

The Government is stopped by the fact that the Latino population is quickly becoming the largest demographic in the US. That's a lot of voters that would be pissed if you retaliated with Mexico. Remember, in American Politics is not what's right, it's whatever will get you re-elected.

The Government is stopped by the fact that the Latino population is quickly becoming the largest demographic in the US. QUOTE]

You've got facts to back that up???? The school I sub @ gets tha' statistics twice a year, and thats a negative...Hispanic population is "still" on the rise.....

You've got facts to back that up???? The school I sub @ gets tha' statistics twice a year, and thats a negative...Hispanic population is "still" on the rise.....

I thought Hispanic and Latino we're the same thing. My apologies for my social ignorance.

I thought Hispanic and Latino we're the same thing. My apologies for my social ignorance.

LOL..no need to apologize :)...You're right...Hispanic and Latino is the same thing ;)....Hispanic is more of an appropriate word though...if anyone cares lol...I personally dont.....

Here in the North East we don't exactly get a whole lot of face time with Latinos or Hispanics so I'm pretty naive on my terms. My point still remains that Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic, which is why Congress hesitates to drop the hammer on Mexico.

which is why Congress hesitates to drop the hammer on Mexico.

No...definitely not true...its like saying the US is intimidated by Mexico...lol..this drug war, is much more complicated than it seems....You would really have to live by the border in order for you to understand the conflict....sigh....It's mind boggling

Last edited:
Being a map lover, I never could understand WHY people of Mexican linage call themselves "Hispanic", since not one of them is from the island Hispanola. Instead they are mostly a mixture of Spanish and Native-North & Central American.

Being a map lover, I never could understand WHY people of Mexican linage call themselves "Hispanic", since not one of them is from the island Hispanola. Instead they are mostly a mixture of Spanish and Native-North & Central American.

ROFL hahahahhaha!!! you so not know the spanish culture...My dear friend....mexicans descent comes from the consquistadores in Espana.lol....In fact ALL of Latin America does...hehehehhe...You know Costa Rica in Central America is called Little Spain???? i know you didnt...want free lessons in latin american history????... hehehehee...I guess I shouldn't call myself hispanic then huh??? being that I'm half Japanese????

Last edited:
No...definitely not true...its like saying the US is intimidated by Mexico...lol..this drug war, is much more complicated than it seems....You would really have to live by the border in order for you to understand the conflict....sigh....It's mind boggling

I'm not saying the US is intimidated by Mexico at all. I'm saying that Congress is afraid to make a move that would upset the Hispanic voters.
Also, you're correct about me not understanding the Drug War. I've never been around it so I don't know. I do know that a foriegn country invading US soil and pointing weapons at Federal agents used to be an act of war. Apperantly times have changed.

Back