Letter to El Presidente ...

Chief Bones

Forums Grumpy Old Man
I came across this "letter" and thought it pointed out what is wrong with the illegal alien issue in this country quite well .......... some of you may have seen it elsewhere and if so, sorry about that.

"MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO"

David M. Bresnahan
April 1, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements.

I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make anyeffort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,
David M. Bresnahan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pretty much to the point wouldn't you say ... nuff said.

This "letter" would be more appropriate if it were address to all previous and current elected officials, as well as the millions of Americans that sit on their butts and allow, and sometimes encourage, it to happen.

PJ24 said:
This "letter" would be more appropriate if it were address to all previous and current elected officials, as well as the millions of Americans that sit on their butts and allow, and sometimes encourage, it to happen.
I can agree with that ... I printed the letter as I found it. Thought it brought all of the "hot button" arguments front and center from those who oppose plans to "legalize" the illegals.

The appropriate thing to do with this letter if one agrees with its content and intent is to copy and paste it to a Word document, change the name at the bottom to one's own, print it, sign it, and mail it to each and every one of one's elected officials. From local school board members all the way up the chain to POTUS. Failure to act is cowardice. Failure to act and then come in here and rant and rave is the worst form of cowardice, in my humble opinion. This is not an accusation against anyone, if it fits, if you feel guilt, then its on you. No excuses are wanted, nay any excuse is liable to bring down the wrath and fury of God almighty. Just suck it up and make a personal decision about the legacy you want to leave your country.

In a democratic system of governance Thomas Jefferson said that no matter the results of an election the action or inaction of the electorate guaranteed that no matter the outcome the people would get, "the government they deserve". You may not change anything by sending the letter but at least you will have the satisfaction of looking yourself in the mirror knowing you fulfilled your rights and obligations as a citizen concerned about the welfare of his country.

Civics lesson and rant over.

bulldogg said:
The appropriate thing to do with this letter if one agrees with its content and intent is to copy and paste it to a Word document, change the name at the bottom to one's own, print it, sign it, and mail it to each and every one of one's elected officials. From local school board members all the way up the chain to POTUS. Failure to act is cowardice. Failure to act and then come in here and rant and rave is the worst form of cowardice, in my humble opinion. This is not an accusation against anyone, if it fits, if you feel guilt, then its on you. No excuses are wanted, nay any excuse is liable to bring down the wrath and fury of God almighty. Just suck it up and make a personal decision about the legacy you want to leave your country.

In a democratic system of governance Thomas Jefferson said that no matter the results of an election the action or inaction of the electorate guaranteed that no matter the outcome the people would get, "the government they deserve". You may not change anything by sending the letter but at least you will have the satisfaction of looking yourself in the mirror knowing you fulfilled your rights and obligations as a citizen concerned about the welfare of his country.

Civics lesson and rant over.

Well put Bulldog......... You are watching the final Colaspe of what was once a Great Nation, and why? Simply because the people of America won't get off there asses and do something, The Balkinization of the United States from an invasion of Illegal Aliens.

phoenix80 said:
And it is the Democrats who use Latinos and need them for votes in places like California!
lmao

Isn't Arnie also quite dependent on these votes? And if he isn't; why isn't he doing anything about the whole affair... being republican and all?

Overhere the issue has disappeared out of the news, so how is it coming along? Are there new rules under construction or is there some plan on how to approach this obvious problem? Can somebody fill me in?

Ted said:
Isn't Arnie also quite dependent on these votes? And if he isn't; why isn't he doing anything about the whole affair... being republican and all?

Overhere the issue has disappeared out of the news, so how is it coming along? Are there new rules under construction or is there some plan on how to approach this obvious problem? Can somebody fill me in?

The mayor of LA is a latino ******** who is for illegal immigration! Go figure...

phoenix80 said:
And it is the Democrats who use Latinos and need them for votes in places like California!

lmao
I am tired of your personal animas to all democrats ... I lean to the Democrat side of the political stratum and AM involved in political dissent on many topics ... many of these issues are normally the province of Democrats and I am opposed to them just like I am opposed to what many Republicans tout as "conservative values" issues.

There is enough manure that gets spread by both sides of the aisle without a foreign national or naturalized citizen trying to tear down democracy just because we protect speech. The fact that you are living in Canada instead of the US tells me that you probably wouldn't be welcomed ... "Go figure".

Last edited:
beI saw Thomas Freeman (the op-ed writer for the NYTimes) said something on Wolf Blitzer that resonated with me. He said that our immigration policy should high walls with large gates.

Very True...

This is why Australia has such strict immigration policy. It works and protects Australia from the exact issues the letter covers. The US needs to take a look at our model.

tomtom22 said:
For a look at the opposite side of the coin, i.e. an American in Mexico, go here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21019

Phoenix 80 you need to respect other people's view whether they are leftist, conservative or whatever. The correct spelling is DEMOCRAT, not that demeaning term you used.

Right but to me, the Dems are worse than Demons and it is my personal opinion which should be respected as well.

Thomas Freeman

It is Thomas Friedman of NYTimes. I wonder if you have ever read any thing of his works :read:

I am tired of your personal animas to all democrats ... I lean to the Democrat side of the political stratum and AM involved in political dissent on many topics ... many of these issues are normally the province of Democrats and I am opposed to them just like I am opposed to what many Republicans tout as "conservative values" issues.

There is enough manure that gets spread by both sides of the aisle without a foreign national or naturalized citizen trying to tear down democracy just because we protect speech. The fact that you are living in Canada instead of the US tells me that you probably wouldn't be welcomed ... "Go figure".

There is an IGNORE button some where you can use! I'll be glad though

Why the hatred?

Phoenix
I respect your right to have your own opinions ... however ... your continued usage of a term that you use as a "slur" against a political group does NOT set well for a large number of people ... not all of them are Democrats. I happen to be one of the people who are offended by your continued usage of this term.

Democrats and Republicans alike share equally in the creation of problems facing our citizens ... both parties could have headed off many issues facing us today, if they had only had the cajones to stand up and be counted.

Now, I don't agree with every Democratic issue that comes along just as I don't subscribe to all of the Republican stances on issues. I DO NOT always vote for a party ... most of the time I vote for the individual and the individual's stand on certain key issues. Part of the problem on many issue stances has become the fact that you can't really tell whether it's a Republican talking or a Democrat ... this is why I can't understand your apparent hatred for Democrats. Democrats aren't ALL bad, and Republicans are NOT all bad so what have Democrats done to you personally that has brought out such personal animas towards them????

As far as the ignore button ... I ONLY use the ignore when someon'es actions are so objectionable as to be unredeamable ... you haven't quite reached that level ... be assured if you do, I will NOT be the ONLY member using that function.

Last edited:
Chief Bones said:
Phoenix
I respect your right to have your own opinions ... however ... your continued usage of a term that you use as a "slur" against a political group does NOT set well for a large number of people ... not all of them are Democrats. I happen to be one of the people who are offended by your continued usage of this term.

Democrats and Republicans alike share equally in the creation of problems facing our citizens ... both parties could have headed off many issues facing us today, if they had only had the cajones to stand up and be counted.

Now, I don't agree with every Democratic issue that comes along just as I don't subscribe to all of the Republican stances on issues. I DO NOT always vote for a party ... most of the time I vote for the individual and the individual's stand on certain key issues. Part of the problem on many issue stances has become the fact that you can't really tell whether it's a Republican talking or a Democrat ... this is why I can't understand your apparent hatred for Democrats. Democrats aren't ALL bad, and Republicans are NOT all bad so what have Democrats done to you personally that has brought out such personal animas towards them????

As far as the ignore button ... I ONLY use the ignore when someon'es actions are so objectionable as to be unredeamable ... you haven't quite reached that level ... be assured if you do, I will NOT be the ONLY member using that function.

Cool!

I stand by my term to describe the Demons

Phoenix I am sure you would be equally offended were a member here to constantly refer to Iranians through a last than flattering moniker. Take the high road.

bulldogg said:
Phoenix I am sure you would be equally offended were a member here to constantly refer to Iranians through a last than flattering moniker. Take the high road.

Not really! I have heard those terms about Iranians quite a lot

like ragheads, camel riders ... etc and it didnt offend me at all because it was untrue but trying to compare the term I tend to describe the Dems with those racial and ethnic slurs are truly hypocritical

How is it hypocritical?? They are both disparaging remarks and I believe quite against the rules of the forum. As Ted tried to hint at before, if you really want to communicate with people leave the biased name calling off and you're more likely to develop some sort of influence. Continuing to use them results in people tuning you out as you sound like an unbalanced lunatic with an obvious agenda and the inflammatory language will do nothing but ramp up a flame war. If you could use some more neutral and informed adjectives it would go a looooooooooooooooong way.

bulldogg said:
How is it hypocritical?? They are both disparaging remarks and I believe quite against the rules of the forum. As Ted tried to hint at before, if you really want to communicate with people leave the biased name calling off and you're more likely to develop some sort of influence. Continuing to use them results in people tuning you out as you sound like an unbalanced lunatic with an obvious agenda and the inflammatory language will do nothing but ramp up a flame war. If you could use some more neutral and informed adjectives it would go a looooooooooooooooong way.

I wasnt like this but some people's uncontrolled anger and bias has led me to act like this.

So be it!

Back