John Bolton on Ahmadinejad and the UN

And not to mention that the Iranian government with permission from Clinton's establishment fed, armed and supplied the Islamists in Balkans through out the 1990s.

I also remember the Iranian TV informecials on thousands of dollars being awarded to those Iranian citizens who go to fight Jihad in Bosnia.

You see Iran as a major player on the World Stage?
Near as I can tell Iran is a sideshow.
I do not see any Global Powers in the Middle East.

What I do see is the Military Industrial Complex in the United States looking for Enemies, so they can keep drawing many Hundreds of Billions of Dollars out of the United States Treasury, all the while with talk here about how Seniors need to take a cut in Benefits because there is a massive shortfall, and our Bridges falling in and Roads that go without repair.

We (the United States of America) can end just about all life on this Planet if we so choose, yet we cannot seem to get things wrapped up in Iraq or Afghanistan, after all these years of open Warfare.

I believe that we can't afford to attack Iran.... hell, the way I see it we can't even afford to keep Troops on the Ground in Iraq.

I view Bolton as part of the problem in the World today, and not the solution.

The global power you mention is militant Islam.

Can you list the Military Combat and Logistical capabilities of this boogeyman you seem to want Americans to give their lives and money protecting you from?

They are not protecting me, my friend, they are protecting you and yours. Forgotten Sep 11? Boogeyman? I don't think so. As for me, my time is done, I've done my bit, and have no reason to concern myself re. the future. I'm interested in the future of our grandchildren, and I don't wish them to be sold down the river by blind denial.

Also, our British boys are fighting the same cause. Forgotten that too?

Unbelievable! I'm not asking America for anything whatsoever, but look to your own defences.

Last edited:
Can you list the Military Combat and Logistical capabilities of this boogeyman you seem to want Americans to give their lives and money protecting you from?

Well I never thought I would be quoting Herman Goering but unfortunately I think he is 100% accurate in this particular case.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
- Herman Goering (1946)

Now before the usual crowd get sensitive and start complaining that "I am calling the USA a bunch of Nazi's" I am not this is about a process and as it states "It works the same in ANY country"

Last edited:

That's the point. For the most part it's an unknown. And just for the record it's not a Boogeyman. Have you missed the news for the past 6 years. WTC, Madrid, London, Scotland. It exisits whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. And it will continue to exisist and strike at all of it's percieved enemies (western culture) until it gets it's way.

And though I have no numbers I'd say the UK has shed it's share of blood and spent it's share of money in this.

I agree O3USMC. Also please note. There is an important Iran- Africa proposition in force. Hearts and minds.

Quoting Goering is an irrelevance. This threat is ongoing it is here it is now, and it is no use being dismissive. A big problem is that, while many moderate muslims do not necessarily agree with the terrorist methods, they mostly do agree with their aims and ambitions. Without this, the extremists could not exist. In Europe, muslims look forward to an Islamic Europe, that is their aim and ambition. Britain, the same situation. The world, certainly. This isn't looking for enemies, it's facing facts. Ask them. You don't ask because you would not like the answer. And when they tell you voluntarily, you pretend you haven't heard. The first step is to accept that the problem exists, and to decide how to deal with. The longer it is ignored, the bigger the problem becomes. Or perhaps you prefer to roll over and have your tummy tickled.

This is not a scare story or a hate story, just a statement of fact. Do you want to shoot the messenger?

I am not anti-muslim or anti - Islam in any way. I am against a takeover of our lives, just as I was when the Soviet union was winning WW111 without firing a shot, until USA woke up. Can I suggest that we may be in danger of losing WW111 by default. Surely we should at least confront the threat and eye-ball it.

Or are we impotent, in which case they win.

Last edited:
Very well said Del Boy

I understand that it takes a lot of courage, mostly among westerners, to recognize and admit who the real enemy is.

I see that you are brave enough to recognize the enemy. Bravo!

WELL - It doesn't have to remain an enemy if it is faced and brought into line, by standing strong. Our opponents smell our weakness and thrive on it. That's what drives them.

They are not protecting me, my friend, they are protecting you and yours. Forgotten Sep 11? Boogeyman? I don't think so. As for me, my time is done, I've done my bit, and have no reason to concern myself re. the future. I'm interested in the future of our grandchildren, and I don't wish them to be sold down the river by blind denial.

Also, our British boys are fighting the same cause. Forgotten that too?

Unbelievable! I'm not asking America for anything whatsoever, but look to your own defences.

No, the way I see it you are looking for Offense.

Neither Iraq nor Iran attacked the United States of America on 9-11-01, most of the Attackers came from Saudi, a country which was strangely enough not attacked by the United States Military after 9-11-01, and even more strangly, still with close ties to the White House, and our "Ally" yet today.

And the United States Military in Iraq is not Protecting me personally, Iraq was not a Threat the United States, and the United States launched the War on Iraq, not the other way around.
I'll also point out that I have heard and read from some in the United States Government that the War in Iraq is distracting from the War on Terror, and perhaps even made matters worse for America proper.

And, if England truly cared about the "Global War on Terror" to begin with England would bump up the number of people under Arms, put 100,000 Troops in Theater for the Iraq Op, added with the investment a few Hundred Billion Pounds just for the Iraq Op, then moved laterally into Iran, while the US moved on Saudi Arabia, instead of England putting a few Thousand Troops in Theater, Troops that last I heard were packing up to leave.
Is England still pulling out of Iraq?

In my opinion, England can leave Iraq tomorrow and the United States Military will still get by without much disruption at all, but, in the end the Government in England asked for the War in Iraq along with the United States of America, and yet, sadly, it looks like we will be the last ones standing in Iraq, standing alone.

No - as I said, militant Islam attacked US, and many other countries, and will do so again, whenever they get the chance.

Your forces are being attacked by militant Islam now, just as they were in the Middle East long before. Whenever your guard is down, they will be there, you have no choice. Because you back off, does not mean they will.

I am puzzled re your take on Iraq, and I am glad that you will be fine without British troops. Perhaps we weren't even there at all - what do you think? Anyway, thanks for the pat on the back, partner.

You deride "England's" attitude to 'the war on terror', but apppear to hold precisely the same views.

Let me ask you. Would you like to pull all your troops out now or not ?
Which side on you backing? For being in Iraq or for NOT being in Iraq?

Do you want your government to fight to protect you and yours in the Middle East or in America? You pays your money and you takes your choice.

I understand your frustrations, it is a hard place to be. But today, whoever you put in power in US is going to have to pick up the poisoned chalice. There are no easy options. At least it will pay to know just where the poison originates and keep it in mind. As I say, we have no choice in the matter, the line is drawn.

Last edited:
By "England" I take it you mean Britain Gator? Don't mean to be a smart arse but your post does not make much sense if it refers to Britain as England and also fails to highlight the contribution of Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish soldiers and citizens. It is incorrect to refer to the United Kingdom (or Britain or Great Britain if you will) simply as England. It would be similar to referring to the United States of America as simply Texas or Alaska or New Jersey for example.

Otherwise back on topic, i'd agree that iraq has distracted from the war on terror and that the British people don't see it as a threat that warrents a major expansion of her majesty's armed forces. Think most British people agree that Afhganistan was the right fight to be in but Iraq was not, nevertheless i'd like to see more support from British folk for the boys over there who are giving it their all :bravo:

No - as I said, militant Islam attacked US, and many other countries, and will do so again, whenever they get the chance.

Your forces are being attacked by militant Islam now, just as they were in the Middle East long before. Whenever your guard is down, they will be there, you have no choice. Because you back off, does not mean they will.

I am puzzled re your take on Iraq, and I am glad that you will be fine without British troops. Perhaps we weren't even there at all - what do you think?

Let me ask you. Would you like to pull all your troops out now or not ?
Which side on you backing? For being in Iraq or for NOT being in Iraq.

Nice little post anyway, friend, pleasant reading. Thank you for that.

I only care about the United States of America.
If it was not for the NATO Treaty I would say cut England lose altogether, because in the end England will do what is best for England, even if it turns out bad in the long run for the USA.
As for the small groups of Radical Muslims around the World, I see the EU as the greater threat to the United States of America (Socially & Economically) down the road.
I'll also point out that Iraq is not a NATO Op.

"Perhaps we weren't even there at all - what do you think?"

Insert "needed" between the words "even" and "there" and I would agree.
The token force our main ally in the Iraq War and joint caller for the need for War (England) has sent to Iraq (working mostly in the South) has been more trouble then they are worth, in my own opinion.

I would not have sent in Troops into Iraq, but as for leaving now, if it were my call I would pull the Ground Forces out and punish Iraq endlessly from the Air, day in and day out, until everyone in Iraq was either dead or on their way to dying, or they have lost their will to fight on.

We have had in the past actively engaged Radical Christians here in the USA, the KKK comes to mind off the top of my head, so this Islam thing is nothing new around here, and will burn itself out if governments like the Saudi Kingdom were removed from the Earth and better people take thier place.

By "England" I take it you mean Britain Gator? Don't mean to be a smart arse but your post does not make much sense if it refers to Britain as England and also fails to highlight the contribution of Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish soldiers and citizens. It is incorrect to refer to the United Kingdom (or Britain or Great Britain if you will) simply as England. It would be similar to referring to the United States of America as simply Texas or Alaska or New Jersey for example.

Otherwise back on topic, i'd agree that iraq has distracted from the war on terror and that the British people don't see it as a threat that warrents a major expansion of her majesty's armed forces. Think most British people agree that Afhganistan was the right fight to be in but Iraq was not, nevertheless i'd like to see more support from British folk for the boys over there who are giving it their all :bravo:

Sorry about that, I refer to the UK as England along the same lines as referring to the USA as Washington D.C..

Texas, Alaska, and New Jersey are but mere States slaved to the Nation, making States out to be more would be like me referring to Scottland as the main power in control of the United Kingdom.
Besides, I see people from Scotland as Scotish, people from Wales as Welsh, and the Irish as Irish.

I'll keep the UK thing in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gator - what can I say? I would love to agree with you, I am quite capable of saying 'I surrender', take me to your leader', but you make it impossible, simply because you insist on spouting so much c*** amongst all those fine sentiments. I have a feeling that, except for that, you make the odd good point. I think that after that load of whatever, I will stand down so that we can stay friends. But I must say that in a tight corner, i wouldn't like to have you at my back. You stick with your Iranian president, for the moment I'll stick with the US government position. Do you truly think that your government has not striven to act in the best interests of the people? As it happens, it looks as tho a chink of light appears in Iraq.
Thank you kindly - over and out.

Mod Edit: Lets watch it with the language shall we.

Gator - what can I say? I would love to agree with you, I am quite capable of saying 'I surrender', take me to your leader', but you make it impossible, simply because you insist on spouting so much c*** amongst all those fine sentiments. I have a feeling that, except for that, you make the odd good point. I think that after that load of whatever, I will stand down so that we can stay friends. But I must say that in a tight corner, i wouldn't like to have you at my back. You stick with your Iranian president, for the moment I'll stick with the US government position. Do you truly think that your government has not striven to act in the best interests of the people? As it happens, it looks as tho a chink of light appears in Iraq. As for your views on the contribution of our boys in Iraq and Afghanistan,
Thank you kindly - over and out.

I only care about the United States of America.

Did you miss that in my Post?

I do not like the President of Iran, I believe the World would be a better place without the President of Iran on it, but, do I believe removing the President of Iran from the Earth is worth the loss of American Military life? No, I do not believe such.
Like I said I see Iran as a Sideshow when it comes to the World Stage, and, right now just another front for US Defense Contractors to make more money.

"
If I lived in Nation that calls for an Offensive War, and then plans to leave a supposed Ally in that same Conflict on the Battlefield, well I may become unhinged as well.
And, seems the UK having the back of the United States of America is more in doubt at the present time.

You will also no doubt notice that I did not mention the Afghan Op, because such is a NATO Operation, and Great Britain, as a Full NATO Member, is Treaty Bound to participate as needed.

Back