It's That Time Of Year!

Well, he certainly did a great job of it, until the very end. He's going to be one HELL of a quarterback.

Nothing about the game really upset me until the last touchdown. There were 54 seconds left... Two quarterback kneels would have ended the game, but he had to score one last time... Classless.

First Pete Carroll leaves USC, then Lane Kiffin leaves UT (after one season). What is the college football coaching word coming to?!?!

(Although I must admit, I'm not exactly sobbing to see Kiffin go... He certainly had the attitude of a West Coast coach... No respect.)

Ooooooooh speaking of coaches leaving.....any word on Urban Meyer? Is he or isn't he? And more importantly, does anyone actually care?

I was a bit surprised to see Kiffin go, and not at all surprised to see Carroll go.

I think Urban was just trying to get some controversy started.... He sure did on this board, anyway. ;)

I was REALLY surprised to see Kiffin go... I mean, you don't leave a team after one season... You just don't. Especially so close to signing day. It just KILLS your recruiting.

Like I said though, I'm glad he's out of the SEC. He had too big of a mouth to be successful here.

Kiffin's sudden departure kind of makes you wonder if there was something going on that we didn't know about. Which would be amazing since the press knows everything (and makes up the rest). I dunno.....I'm just really surprised.

As for Meyer....meh. I was really, really, really, REALLY excited at the thought of his going away forever. *sniff* I guess it was just too good to be true. *sigh*

Nah... Kiffin was a long time disciple of Pete Carroll's... He was ITCHING for that job as soon as Carroll left. Between that and the NCAA raining down secondary violations (Kiffin got 6 in 14 months), Kiffin's tenure wasn't going to last.

Oh well. Like I said, I'm glad the SEC is rid of him. I just feel bad for the one Tennessee fan I know. He's been like a grandfather to me. :(

That sucks. :( I heard there were riots and stuff at the campus over his leaving. I dunno. To me it just seems like a silly thing to get all worked up over, but that's just me. Coaches come and coaches go. Life goes on.

Not after one season. And not taking the entire coaching staff of Tennessee with them. And he also gave Tennessee some VERY bad publicity, then left them to clean it up.

Oh I missed the part about him taking the whole coaching staff with him. :shock: How did I miss that?!?!?!?!

I am very upset about this subject.... I have had Tenn fans tell me all day that they are happy to dump this shmuck on us. grrr... I am de-friending Pete Carroll from FB....

Even worst, Tenn are offering Texas Longhorns' Defensive Coach, Muschamp, a job in Tennessee........I hope not, I'm sure that he'll stay since the Longhorns promise him that he'll be a head coach when Mack Browns retires.

He's already officially turned it down, Fox. No worries. Course, I see Mack Brown becoming the next Joe Paterno and coaching till he dies... LOL.

TI... Money makes the world go round. ;)

Oh well. Like I said, I'm glad the SEC is rid of him. I just feel bad for the one Tennessee fan I know. He's been like a grandfather to me. :(

Tennessee has a fan? :cheers:

That sucks. :( I heard there were riots and stuff at the campus over his leaving. I dunno. To me it just seems like a silly thing to get all worked up over, but that's just me. Coaches come and coaches go. Life goes on.

Were the riots for or against? Have any sources or news reports?

Not after one season. And not taking the entire coaching staff of Tennessee with them. And he also gave Tennessee some VERY bad publicity, then left them to clean it up.

I thought he was the entire coaching staff. :lol:
You mean his dad Monte Kiffin?
I would think Tennesse would be happy to get any kind of publicity.

Oh I missed the part about him taking the whole coaching staff with him. :shock: How did I miss that?!?!?!?!

Probably because it did not happen. But maybe Rob could supply sources. Seems if he had taken the "entire coaching staff", USC would not have tried to get Norm Chow from UCLA to be offensive cordinator.

"UPDATE: ESPN has not confirmed this hiring. The Daily News says Chow remains UCLA's offensive coordinator but some form of discussion is ongoing with USC.

Fresh off the news of USC's stunning hire of Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin to succeed Pete Carroll, ESPN is reporting that Kiffin has added a USC fan favorite and two legendary lifetime coordinators to his coaching staff. Kiffin will bring on USC fan favorite Ed Orgeron, as well as his father Monte Kiffin, to organize USC's defense. Even more stunning, he has lured Norm Chow from UCLA to return and run the Trojans' offense."

http://out.smashits.com/to/http://n...orm-chow-ed-orgeron-monte-kiffin-to-usc-staf/

Not true, btw as Chow is staying at UCLA.

All this kind of points out why it is best to ignore rumors.

Course, I see Mack Brown becoming the next Joe Paterno and coaching till he dies... LOL.

I agree. I have to say, I'm thrilled every year to see Coach Paterno on the sidelines. It just wouldn't be Penn State without him. I think they should bury him at the 50 yard line when he passes. Or maybe in one of the endzones. LOL ;)

Tennessee has a fan? :cheers:
Believe it or not. LOL
Were the riots for or against? Have any sources or news reports?
Against.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4823694

I thought he was the entire coaching staff. :lol:
You mean his dad Monte Kiffin?
I would think Tennesse would be happy to get any kind of publicity.
He's taking his dad AND assistant coach and RECRUITING COORDINATOR Ed Orgeron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4820737

Scroll down in the article, BUD. Seems you don't know as much about college football as you would like... :roll:
Chukpike said:
Probably because it did not happen. But maybe Rob could supply sources. Seems if he had taken the "entire coaching staff", USC would not have tried to get Norm Chow from UCLA to be offensive cordinator.

"UPDATE: ESPN has not confirmed this hiring. The Daily News says Chow remains UCLA's offensive coordinator but some form of discussion is ongoing with USC.

Fresh off the news of USC's stunning hire of Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin to succeed Pete Carroll, ESPN is reporting that Kiffin has added a USC fan favorite and two legendary lifetime coordinators to his coaching staff. Kiffin will bring on USC fan favorite Ed Orgeron, as well as his father Monte Kiffin, to organize USC's defense. Even more stunning, he has lured Norm Chow from UCLA to return and run the Trojans' offense."

http://out.smashits.com/to/http://n...orm-chow-ed-orgeron-monte-kiffin-to-usc-staf/

Not true, btw as Chow is staying at UCLA.

All this kind of points out why it is best to ignore rumors.
Maybe you should've read your own cut and paste... " Kiffin will bring on USC fan favorite Ed Orgeron, as well as his father Monte Kiffin, to organize USC's defense. "

Two of the biggest coaches AT Tennessee.

Last edited:
He's taking his dad AND assistant coach and RECRUITING COORDINATOR Ed Orgeron.

Scroll down in the article, BUD. Seems you don't know as much about college football as you would like...

Maybe you should've read your own cut and paste... " Kiffin will bring on USC fan favorite Ed Orgeron, as well as his father Monte Kiffin, to organize USC's defense."

Two of the biggest coaches AT Tennessee.
Who brought them to Tennessee?:smile:
Well with all your vast football knowledge, if you consider that the whole Tennessee coaching staff, no wonder he left.:lol::roll:

Of course being Tennesse, it might be their entire staff.:confused:

Hiring Kiffin may be questionable anyway. A coach who's team can't beat UCLA at home might not be a good choice.:p
September 12th, 2009 UCLA 19, Tennessee 15

I was saying that Tennessee is pissed because he brought them good staff, then left after one season. It just seemed like he shafted UT... ROYALLY.

Of course it's not the WHOLE Tennessee coaching staff... There are TONS of "coaches" on ANY college football team.

As for the UCLA defeat... Maybe if he had the guts to stay for more than one season, he could have made something of his own program and put a proper SEC whoopin on UCLA.

As for the UCLA defeat... Maybe if he had the guts to stay for more than one season, he could have made something of his own program and put a proper SEC whoopin on UCLA.

Well if it takes getting a coach from USC to come to the SEC, to put a "SEC" whoppin on a PAC 10 school, I guess that is what they will have to do!:lol:

Back