It's That Time Of Year!

I know there is only one true college football conference, the SEC. Football according to Rob would be a season where the SEC schools all play each other to see who would play for the National Championship.:)
See, we do that already. Unlike some other conferences, the SEC has a conference championship. We play each other during the regular season for who plays for the National Championship. ;)

I was really hoping the Rose Bowl would have been a better game. I didn't really pull for anyone either way, but I was looking for a nail biter.

Auburn embarrassed the SEC. They should NOT have let that game get that close. Georgia beat Texas A&M convincingly. Florida embarrassed Cincinnati. Tennessee's loss was to be expected. Penn State is the one non-SEC team I pull for (Mom is an alum) so that was a bitter-sweet victory over LSU.

REALLY looking forward to the National Championship.

See, we do that already. Unlike some other conferences, the SEC has a conference championship. We play each other during the regular season for who plays for the National Championship. ;)

I was really hoping the Rose Bowl would have been a better game. I didn't really pull for anyone either way, but I was looking for a nail biter.

Auburn embarrassed the SEC. They should NOT have let that game get that close. Georgia beat Texas A&M convincingly. Florida embarrassed Cincinnati. Tennessee's loss was to be expected. Penn State is the one non-SEC team I pull for (Mom is an alum) so that was a bitter-sweet victory over LSU.

REALLY looking forward to the National Championship.
See, the Big Ten has a conference championship too, it's called Ohio State-Michigan. Not lately though... can't trust those Wolverines to do anything right.

Rose Bowl was almost exactly what I wanted. I would have much preferred 42-17, but Tressel won't let that happen. Northwestern gave Auburn the damnest time... poor Cats haven't won a bowl game since the Truman Administration. Penn State... heck yeah! I despise LSU. Georgia-A&M I didn't care. Cincy stinks, they just play in a terrible conference.

I, too, despise LSU, and was more than a little bit excited to see them go down. Annnnnnnnd...........that is thus far the only bowl game I've actually watched so.........yeah. On to the national championship!!! Its the only other game I'm looking forward to.

Tomorrow, TCU and Boise State should be a good game, but I think TCU will be come out as a winner.

Same song, different verse. Some undefeated team from the WAC conference (say it like it sounds) thinks they should be given credibility based on their perfect record. *yawn*

BSU cheated their way to another win, huh? And I missed it. Oh darn. :roll:

Who cares? Let's talk about something more interesting. Like.......anything!

Cheated? More like won fair and square! Boise should finish 2nd in the polls.

They probably should but they won't. One loss Florida was all ready higher before the bowl games started, Boise will finish no better than 4th.

1st: winner of the BCS championship
2nd: Loser of BCS or Florida
3rd: whoever doesn't get second
4th: Boise State

They probably should but they won't. One loss Florida was all ready higher before the bowl games started, Boise will finish no better than 4th.

1st: winner of the BCS championship
2nd: Loser of BCS or Florida
3rd: whoever doesn't get second
4th: Boise State
Which of course is absolutely bull. I'd be tempted to take Boise over Florida or either of the teams in the BS National Title game.

You don't seriously believe that do you? Have you WATCHED any of Alabama's games this year? They had one or two close games, and the rest were complete domination... Boise State wouldn't have a CHANCE against BAMA.

If Boise State could hold Tebow down, they'd have a chance against Florida. Same against Texas with Colt McCoy, but Alabama is a MUCH better team.

Well, if the title game so far is any indication, looks like the Mark Ingram Show. Boise State-Alabama would be quite interesting.

So far this game has gone pretty much how I expected. I didn't think Texas had what it would take to knock off BAMA. I do have to say that things might be going a bit better for UT if McCoy hadn't gotten hurt, though. I feel sorry for that little Freshman, Gilbert. Not a game you want to be thrown into. I can only imagine his nerves. McCoy's are some big shoes to fill.

Back