Its football season!!!

Auburn leapfrogged because of their strength of schedule. How many Oregon opponents are ranked right now?

No they didn't Rob, they leaped frogged as I said, due to the computer component of the BCS. The computers factor more than just strength of schedule.

You need to learn a little about college football as you often make silly statements like:
Your claim of the SEC sharing bowl money with all SEC teams. Sounds so wonderful until you realize that all the conferences do that. What a twit.

My casual question was more about Sevens ranking order dropping Oregon from second to 4Th, than it was about Auburn being ranked first, try reading once in awhile.

As she explained, she was not ranking them in any order.

#1 doesn't matter now anyway as it has been changing weekly.

Seems you just want to troll more than anything. Maybe you see it as a sport? So trolling is OK in the sports catagory of Topics?:roll:

P. S. Oregon is ranked 1St in the human polls, are you suggesting that no one but you and the BCS computers consider strength of schedule?

Last edited:
No they didn't Rob, they leaped frogged as I said, due to the computer component of the BCS. The computers factor more than just strength of schedule.
But the reason Auburn is in front of Oregon in the BCS is because of the strength of Auburn's schedule. Why else would they be ahead? Oregon hasn't won a game by less than 20 points all season (except for the one half-way decent team they've played so far). It's because Auburn's wins were tougher to achieve than Oregon's blowouts of slack D-II teams.

You need to learn a little about college football as you often make silly statements like:
Your claim of the SEC sharing bowl money with all SEC teams. Sounds so wonderful until you realize that all the conferences do that. What a twit.
Oh really? Can you show me a source for that.

No. You can't. Because it's a false statement. Each conference divides its money somewhat differently.

What a TWIT.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm

My casual question was more about Sevens ranking order dropping Oregon from second to 4Th, than it was about Auburn being ranked first, try reading once in awhile.

As she explained, she was not ranking them in any order.
I don't really care. I wasn't responding to your question. I was responding to your statement about Auburn leapfrogging in the BCS poll.

Try comprehension every once in a while. (There's a space there, Mr. Smartypants. :) )

#1 doesn't matter now anyway as it has been changing weekly.
So why get your thong all bunched over my comments? LOL
Seems you just want to troll more than anything. Maybe you see it as a sport? So trolling is OK in the sports catagory of Topics?:roll:
Chukpike, meet kettle and pot. By the way, you might want to go back to remedial school and refresh your grammar and spelling lessons. Topics in this case is not a proper noun, and therefore it is not necessary to capitalize. And category is spelled with an e, not an a.
P. S. Oregon is ranked 1St in the human polls, are you suggesting that no one but you and the BCS computers consider strength of schedule?

So it would seem. Considering the BCS polls are really the only ones that MATTER AT ALL, I would take the BCS's rankings over the human (read:flawed) rankings any time.

No. You can't. Because it's a false statement. Each conference divides its money somewhat different.

How is my statement false? I merely pointed out that they all share.

"Your claim of the SEC sharing bowl money with all SEC teams. Sounds so wonderful until you realize that all the conferences do that. What a twit."

So it would seem. Considering the BCS polls are really the only ones that MATTER AT ALL, I would take the BCS's rankings over the human (read:flawed) rankings any time.

First, there is only one BCS poll.

Second, 2/3rds of the scoring in the BCS poll (singular) includes three human {(read: flawed) Rob's statement} polls/rankings.

Therefore the BCS poll would be flawed by including the human rankings. What a twit.;)

So the BCS poll is no better than any other poll. It is just arbitrarily used to assign the bowl games due to contractual agreement.

Your lack of football knowledge grows with every post you make. BCS Polls!:roll: You might want to teach English and leave out sports.

How is my statement false? I merely pointed out that they all share.

"Your claim of the SEC sharing bowl money with all SEC teams. Sounds so wonderful until you realize that all the conferences do that. What a twit."
But they do not all share equally, as the SEC does. Therefore, not ALL conferences "do that." You are a liar.

First, there is only one BCS poll.
Really? So the rankings stay the same every week?

I can find BCS pollSSSSSSSS from the past 12 years (That'd be 1998 when the BCS was formed, in case your math is as good as your English). That's more than one POLL.
Second, 2/3rds of the scoring in the BCS poll (singular) includes three human {(read: flawed) Rob's statement} polls/rankings.

Therefore the BCS poll would be flawed by including the human rankings. What a twit.;)
Well, you're correct about one thing. The BCS poll is flawed just as the other polls are. However, because of the computer, it is LESS flawed than the others. The human polls are 100% human. The BCS, using the computer, is NOT 100% human, therefore it is NOT as flawed. It IS better than the other polls.

Your lack of football knowledge grows with every post you make. BCS Polls!:roll: You might want to teach English and leave out sports.
It amuses me greatly that you think sports are somehow more important than the ENGLISH LANGUAGE simply because you have more of a grasp on a GAME than your own ABILITIES TO COMMUNICATE.

I really do pity you, Chukpike. Your pathetic attempts to somehow win an argument when you've already proven yourself incapable of conveying an intelligent response even through text (which can be previewed before posting) are quite sad.

Rob & Chuck -- lay off the sarcasm & smart arse remarks.

Final warning to you both.

All of the mods are really sick of both of you and your continuing sniping back and forth.

You are BOTH on thin ice.

Last edited:
I can't believe Georgia lost to Florida. That makes me very sad. Mizzou lost, Michigan State lost....

Interesting that Oregon is No. 1 in the two human polls and No. 2 in the computer, while Auburn is No. 2 in the human polls and No. 1 in the computer.

Quite honestly, I think the two could be interchangeable at this point. Both deserve to be the top 2 teams in the country.

He's so friggin' cute. :) You can't help but smile and respect him. Man... 400 wins... That's insane.

I know, right!?!?! Did you see his team carry him off the field? Awesome!! It was a great comeback win for them, too! Down three TDs to come back and win 35-21. So cool!! :)

That really surprised me!! I was sure LSU was going down. Partly because I don't like them, but a lot of it because they seem to be playing pretty sloppy this season. Very unlike them. But then, the same can be said for the Tide. I thought they would be going for another title, but it looks like its going to be Auburn or Oregon. I don't think they (Bama) can even take the SEC title now, can they?

It's one of those perfect storm scenarios. I don't know exactly how it works, but they could still potentially play in the National Championship.

It will more likely be Auburn though... A lot hinges on the Iron Bowl.

Dude... If you put Oregon and TCU on the field against each other, the ducks would have little bits of horn sticking out of their mouths. I'm as against the Pac-10 as you are, but Oregon has stuffed the critics at every turn. First it was Tennesee, then it was Arizona State, then it was Stanford, then it was UCLA, then it was USC... Every team that was supposed to beat Oregon ended up losing... Rather badly, with the exception of Arizona State (???).

And Bull S*** U. They beat Oregon too. I know they're a good team, and I know they've beat people they weren't supposed to, but......I just can't bring myself to cheer for anyone in the Northwest!! Its a huge fault in my personality I'm sure.

Back