Israel is at war

Tuan

Irreplaceable Intelligencer
I am starting this thread to find a once-and-for-all solution to stop the terrorist organization Hamas that attacked Israel on their holly day. I believe it is not just Hamas that orchestrated this sophisticated and coordinated attack against Israel, as Hamas claimed they fired 5,000 rockets, which, in fact, were supplied by the fascist Iranian regime.

Indeed, it is a "colossal intelligence failure," as Israel was taken by surprise as multiple nation-states, including Iran, Lebanon, and, to some extent, Russia, have sponsored Hamas. It is neither national liberation that Hamas is fighting for nor does it asymmetric warfare.

The Japanese Samurai proclamation reminds us, "To kill an enemy, shoot his horse first." In this spirit, we must first eliminate the support bases of all terrorist organizations to obliterate them. This can only be done through soft diplomacy rather than brutal military might. As Roosevelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

I am starting this thread to find a once-and-for-all solution to stop the terrorist organization Hamas that attacked Israel on their holly day. I believe it is not just Hamas that orchestrated this sophisticated and coordinated attack against Israel, as Hamas claimed they fired 5,000 rockets, which, in fact, were supplied by the fascist Iranian regime.

Indeed, it is a "colossal intelligence failure," as Israel was taken by surprise as multiple nation-states, including Iran, Lebanon, and, to some extent, Russia, have sponsored Hamas. It is neither national liberation that Hamas is fighting for nor does it asymmetric warfare.

The Japanese Samurai proclamation reminds us, "To kill an enemy, shoot his horse first." In this spirit, we must first eliminate the support bases of all terrorist organizations to obliterate them. This can only be done through soft diplomacy rather than brutal military might. As Roosevelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

I think you are making the assumption that Hamas is entirely at fault and overlooking the fact that it takes two to tango.

There is no doubt a solution to the Palestinian/Israeli conflict needs to be found but it wont being in destroying either Hamas, Iran or Israel depending on your views, a solution is needed that gives Israel its security and the Palestinians their freedom and that will require Israel to make concessions because it is the only party with anything to concede.

Hamas in my opinion is the result of the condition Palestinians find themselves in (just like gangs' recruit from the poor and disenfranchised) they are not representative of the Palestinians themselves, if there was a chance of a better life Hamas would vanish on its own.

I found this and I kind of agree with it although I suspect it is more pro-Palestinian than I am on the matter but I think its tone is about right...

Last edited:
The motto is simple: "Live and let live"....if not..."might is right".

Last edited:
I consulted OpenAI's Chat: GPT language generator for a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Here is what it suggested:

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a profoundly complex and longstanding issue with deep historical, political, and emotional dimensions. No one-size-fits-all "best" solution will satisfy all parties involved. However, there have been several proposed frameworks for a resolution to the conflict that have gained traction over the years. These include:
  1. Two-State Solution: This is the most commonly discussed solution, which envisions the creation of two separate states, one for Israelis and one for Palestinians, living side by side in peace and security. The borders, Jerusalem status, and Palestinian refugees' fate are key issues that need to be negotiated.
  2. One-State Solution: Some individuals and groups argue for a single democratic state where Israelis and Palestinians have equal rights and share political power. However, this approach faces significant demographic, security, and political representation challenges.
  3. Confederation or Federation: This approach involves the creation of a confederation or federation where both Israelis and Palestinians have a high degree of autonomy but share some common institutions or arrangements for security, economic cooperation, and other matters.
  4. International Trusteeship or Peacekeeping Force: Under this model, an international body or peacekeeping force could temporarily administer the disputed territories until a final agreement is reached, ensuring security and stability during the negotiation process.
  5. Economic and Infrastructure Development: Some argue that improving the economic and social conditions of Israelis and Palestinians in the region could help build trust and lay the groundwork for a peaceful resolution.
  6. Track II Diplomacy and People-to-People Initiatives: Grassroots efforts and unofficial diplomacy can also build bridges between Israelis and Palestinians and foster mutual understanding and cooperation.
It's important to note that any solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would require negotiations between the parties involved and the willingness of both sides to make compromises and concessions. The international community, including the United Nations, has a role to play in facilitating these negotiations and ensuring the implementation of any agreement.

Ultimately, the "best" solution will be one that respects the rights and aspirations of both Israelis and Palestinians, addresses security concerns, and is reached through peaceful negotiations with the support of the international community. Given the deep-seated historical and political divisions in the region, achieving such a solution remains a formidable challenge.

I consulted OpenAI's Chat: GPT language generator for a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Here is what it suggested:
I am not a fan of the two-state solution as the area is simply not big enough to form two functioning and economically viable nations. the separation of the West Bank from Gaza Strip also makes for instability and problems, that said there was a proposed idea to expand Gaza into the Sinai to allow for a port and living space but that is a massive undertaking in terms of terraforming.

Logically that leaves me supporting a single state solution initially based around a confederation with the long-term view of a single entity and probably a peacekeeping role in there somewhere to ensure neither side tries anything untoward.

I don't believe diplomacy between the two entities will work simply because one side has no power at all (hence the reason they are relegated to this type of attack), Palestinians have nothing they can negotiate away to obtain what they want, and the Israelis have all the power so don't feel they need to negotiate in good faith as they can just take what they want anyway.

It seems the conflict has escalated to involve Hezbollah. A coordinated attack by Hamas and Hezbollah will cause some problems for the Israelis.

I have never believed the two state solution will work.

If and when a conflict resolution works depend on the warring parties have something to offer and are willing to compromise. One quite common perception is when the cost of continue the war is too high. Another perception is when the people in the region demand peace and force the political leadership to negotiate.

If I had known the solution for the Israeli conflict I would get the Nobel Peace Prize

It is quite impressive how Hamas was able to launch a surprise attack like this. The use of para gliders to deploy Hamas fighters into Israel was a new addition.

The Israelis have an eye for an eye approach to things. Will they annihilate the Gaza strip now and force all the Palestinians to flee to Egypt?

It is quite impressive how Hamas was able to launch a surprise attack like this. The use of para gliders to deploy Hamas fighters into Israel was a new addition.

The Israelis have an eye for an eye approach to things. Will they annihilate the Gaza strip now and force all the Palestinians to flee to Egypt?
Strangely I thought it was amateurish, they got the timing right but had no further plan than to cause mayhem.
The only thing that I found interesting was the destruction of the Merkava IV with a dual warhead RPG and that Hamas seem to have designed a surface to air missile that looks rather professional.
That they were able to do this isn't in my opinion a win for Hamas but a massive failure of Israeli intelligence.

It's important to note that the tactics used by Hamas in the current conflict resemble those used by the Tamil Tigers during the 30-year civil war in Sri Lanka on many levels. While there are differences in the ideologies of Hamas and the Tamil Tigers, their methods are similar. For more information on the Tiger's tactics, please refer to the following articles:

Tigers' Eyes and Ears: The LTTE Intelligence Wing (Part I)​

Spy Tigers: The LTTE Intelligence Wing (Part II)​

Strangely I thought it was amateurish, they got the timing right but had no further plan than to cause mayhem.
The only thing that I found interesting was the destruction of the Merkava IV with a dual warhead RPG and that Hamas seem to have designed a surface to air missile that looks rather professional.
That they were able to do this isn't in my opinion a win for Hamas but a massive failure of Israeli intelligence.
Hamas was successful mostly because the IDF failed big time. Even if the Israeli intelligence agencies failed to detect what the Hamas and other Palestinians planned to do, the IDF should have been there and see what it, were all the IDF personnel drunk?

In 1993, at the age of 17, I wrote an argumentative essay for the official newspaper of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) while undergoing the movement's intelligence tradecraft training at the Spy Tiger Academy. This essay resulted in my appointment as the naval intelligence officer of the LTTE. In the article, I criticized the organization's massacre of Sinhalese civilians and emphasized the differences between terrorism and guerrilla warfare. I argued that while guerrilla fighters focus on military targets, terrorists intentionally target civilians. Therefore, any organization that targets civilians cannot be considered "freedom fighters," even if they claim to be fighting for national liberation.

It was surprising that thirty years later, while living in Canada, I would write a college paper arguing the textbook definition of terrorism: that any unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in pursuit of political aims is terrorism. I believe Hamas is a group of violent extremists, given their history of deliberately targeting civilians. In conclusion, my experience writing for the LTTE newspaper and my current views on terrorism have shaped my perspective on distinguishing between legitimate guerrilla warfare and terrorism. I believe that targeting civilians is never justified, regardless of the cause.

TV interview with a tanker said terrorist threw a charge under his tank and disabled it, breaking his leg.

In all honesty I am struggling to find interest in this war as I can't help but think both parties are as bad as each other.
It is impossible to support the actions of Hamas in attacking civilians yet Israel's response is leading to the deaths of thousands of Palestinian civilians and they know it and don't care either.
Essentially it is like watching two feral cats fight.

Like Northern Ireland, this in the Middle East will never end, the hatred runs too deep. There will always be some arsehole or organisation to stir up sh!te

I have been thinking about if the Israelis begin to think about to annihilate the Gaza Strip. Not a genocide, but an ethnic cleansing and force all the palestinians to flee to Egypt, but the Egyptians don't want to have Hamas or any other Jihadist groups in their country

In all honesty I am struggling to find interest in this war as I can't help but think both parties are as bad as each other.
It is impossible to support the actions of Hamas in attacking civilians yet Israel's response is leading to the deaths of thousands of Palestinian civilians and they know it and don't care either.
Essentially it is like watching two feral cats fight.
One of the most effective ways to prevent and deter future terrorist attacks is to isolate terrorists from the general population. By identifying and separating the insurgents from legitimate refugees, we can adopt Mao Zedong's theory that "insurgents are like fish in an ocean of people." This means that by distinguishing the "ocean" (the general populace) from the "fish" (insurgents), we can determine the survival of enemy insurgents/terrorists. But how can we separate the general population from the insurgents?

The COIN doctrine suggests that we can achieve separation by winning the hearts and minds of the general populace. If we do so, the public will do the job for us. Therefore, winning the hearts and minds of the people is crucial. Soft power can play a significant role in this regard. While hard power is necessary to safeguard a nation's interests, we must also use non-military means to combat the enemy, as they can take many different forms. As Sun Tzu reminds us, the supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. Therefore, eliminating the will to fight and destroying the spirit of the enemy's potential to fight is of utmost importance.

To prevent terrorists from entering and leaving cleared areas of operation, law enforcement agencies must devise a strategy. One such process is called "Spotter Force Multiplier Theory" (SFMT), which is a successful method used in HUMINT, also known as "Link Analysis." In any organization, be it police, intelligence, military, or non-state organizations such as gangs, mafia, drug cartels, or terrorist organizations, the members can only be identified using their members. When state security organizations confront terrorist organizations, they usually identify at least one genuine member. The government can use this member to identify other members. The arrested and defected member must undergo a brief rehabilitation process and be instilled with compassion and soft power instead of aggressive interrogation techniques. The member will then work for the state's security agencies. This process is called SFMT, which helps identify more individuals until the "big fish" is caught. The advantage of using SFMT is that it provides a complete understanding of insider information regarding enemy organizations, which is valuable for tactical intelligence.

Source: https://projectofive.ca/2017/03/14/...nsformed-into-modern-terrorist-organizations/

Last edited:
Back