How's Obama Doing?

How long did it take Bush to address anyone concerning Katrina? I mean, granted, it was not a military tragedy, but it still took him a ****ing week. Cut him some freaking slack. He mentioned it SAME DAY. Just a few HOURS after the event occurred. I'd say that's a pretty rapid response for something he didn't know was coming, unlike a hurricane and it's (semi) predictable path.

Was I addressing the length of time?

No stain I was not.

I addressed his apparent disconnect with the military and his ill timed "shout out" and lack of knowledge in the area of decorations.

But yeah frekin shout Bush at the top of your little lungs and shout Katrina and use whatever other lame ass excuse to cover the mistakes and lack of emotion for the military.

I don't have to love him. I don't have to like him. I just have to put up with him until he's gone just like I have to put up with your college boy hopey changey BS.

I don't think Obama's group usually includes military folks hence the disconnect.
As President you should give it a little more effort.

I think Obamas group has a visable disdain for the military.
I think he's just a sharp contrast to the "Military is the most awesomest thing ever" attitude of the last administration. The administration is at odds with some of the bigwigs in the Pentagon, more than anything.

Last edited:
Careful saying that on this forum, TOG... :roll:

By the way, STAIN, this "He eventually got around to Ft Hood but he gave me the perception he was in major disconnect mode as he generally is when dealing or discussing the military, very little discernable emotion." is addressing the length of time. So get over yourself.

Careful saying that on this forum, TOG... :roll:

By the way, STAIN, this "He eventually got around to Ft Hood but he gave me the perception he was in major disconnect mode as he generally is when dealing or discussing the military, very little discernable emotion." is addressing the length of time. So get over yourself.

You really are bad at this aren't you Sunshine? If you weren't you would realize that the portion you qouted was refering to the address itself, not the length of time it took for the address to be made. But thats okay keep qouting out of context.

Now if we wanna talk time. Then how about the recruiting station shooting. He didn't address that for week. But damn he tripped over himself getting to a microphone when Tiller got smoked.

I think Obamas group has a visable disdain for the military.

That's exactly what was said about the Clinton's and a host of other Democrats. My favorite example was that of Max Clelland (whose quadriplegic due to wounds suffered in Vietnam), but that didn't stop an **** cyst like Saxby Chambliss from labeling Max Clelland as anti-military/terrorist loving person. Successfully I might add, that smear cost Max his seat in the Senate.

The old "democrats hate the military act" is getting a bit old. Been there, done that.

But back to subject: Obama just scored a pretty big win by passing the Healthcare Bill in the Senate. This is the first major bit of social legislation (related to health-care) since the creation of medicare in the 1960's. Even the GOP will concede that this was a major political accomplishment. If he can get it through the Senate (which I think he will, with some compromises), he will have scored a resounding victory.

Last edited:
But back to subject: Obama just scored a pretty big win by passing the Healthcare Bill in the Senate. This is the first major bit of social legislation (related to health-care) since the creation of medicare in the 1960's. Even the GOP will concede that this was a major political accomplishment. If he can get it through the Senate (which I think he will, with some compromises), he will have scored a resounding victory.

I think you mean, "Obama just scored a pretty big win by passing the Healthcare Bill in the House".

The Senate now needs to pass their version.

I think you mean, "Obama just scored a pretty big win by passing the Healthcare Bill in the House".

The Senate now needs to pass their version.

Does this mean my taxes go up now, or next week?

Obama is doing a great job if your a Democrat, rich, or politically on his side.
Down here where I'm at, he ain't done **** yet except lie about the recession being over, and you can't tell me its getting any better under him as the city I work for considers layoffs, 2-3 day furloughs, 1% pay cuts for everybody except city council ( go figure).

Does this mean my taxes go up now, or next week?

Obama is doing a great job if your a Democrat, rich, or politically on his side.
Down here where I'm at, he ain't done **** yet except lie about the recession being over, and you can't tell me its getting any better under him as the city I work for considers layoffs, 2-3 day furloughs, 1% pay cuts for everybody except city council ( go figure).

First of all, only those making over 250K will get a tax hike. Those under that sum should be receiving a tax cut of up to $1000. So your claim of a tax hike has a pretty big asterisk over it -it depends on your situation.

Secondly, He didn't say the recession was over, he said the worst of the recession was behind us. And he's probably right about that as most economic indicators are up except for jobs.

It might not make people feel better, but its not wrong.

Henderson and marsh. Just for you.

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Barack Hussien Obama

He said we must be fair today

Equal work means equal pay

Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmmm Barack Hussien Obama

Kool aide to be served in the lobby after the indoctrition meeting.

Rich? If I'm rich this doesn't affect me at all because I can AFFORD to pay my health insurance!

Thank you for that lovely song, 03, but I wouldn't quit your day job to join the Metropolitan Opera. :smile:

Naw grand ol oprey is more my speed. I just thought I'd give recognition to the Dear Leader before I got sent to reeducation camp.

Who I'am kidding my names at the top of the right wing extermeist list.

Naw grand ol oprey is more my speed. I just thought I'd give recognition to the Dear Leader before I got sent to reeducation camp.

Who I'am kidding my names at the top of the right wing extermeist list.
As I type this I'm watching Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss at the White House on GAC.

You're got a shot yet. ;)

To TOG: Cool....But Allison has lost edge since she gave up Blue Grass.

To Henderso: STFU and go iron your Che t- shirt.

*claps* Bravo, 03. Very clever rebuttal. Hehe. Cute.

By the way... YOU said it... Not me. I merely agreed with your statement. I do apologize if it was sarcastic, but according to the forum rules, sarcastic posts are not allowed, as sarcasm is difficult to detect without proper vocal inflection...

(Being a voice major has it's perks, after all. ;) )

I got your seat all reserved for ya USMC03. I have even got the program

Day 1 We will start via the "clockwork orange" method, forcing you to watch graphic scenes of Jane Fonda anti-war propaganda footage while listening to Barbara Streisand.

Day 2: We will begin your indoctrination as diehard Yankees fan. Your every dream will be of Derek Jeter (see: day 3).

Day 3: We will begin your "conversion" you into the gay lifestyle.

Day 4: "The We Hate America/We hate the Military" sing-a-long with Bruce Springsteen

So dont you worry, I'll have you saying "yes, we can" and drinking bottled Evian in no time, I promise I'll take special interest in your case, personally...

From the mighty pompous one, With the Broadsword sharp wit!

Last edited:
Back