How to beat the Taliban in Afghanistan / Pakistan (and win the war on terror)

With all respect sir,paksitan just had democratic elections and Nawaz Sharif is elect PM so lets give another chance to Pak like we are giving since 60 yrs.However Pak is in self destruct mode with lil economy and separatist movement in baluchistan. Even our govt is hoping for the good this time with old new PM in the pak house so that peace process can be initiated again with fresh vigor.

With all respect sir,paksitan just had democratic elections and Nawaz Sharif is elect PM so lets give another chance to Pak like we are giving since 60 yrs.However Pak is in self destruct mode with lil economy and separatist movement in baluchistan. Even our govt is hoping for the good this time with old new PM in the pak house so that peace process can be initiated again with fresh vigor.
No-one in Pakistan voted for the Pakistani military but they keep calling the shots as regards deciding to keep their military intelligence agency, the ISI, sponsoring the Taliban.

There's no "peace process" with a Pakistani military which is determined to regain control of Afghanistan as a vassal state of a Pakistani empire lorded over by the Taliban for and on behalf of their ISI masters. There's a pullout-and-surrender-Afghanistan-to-its-fate process under way. That shameful capitulation to Pakistan should not be dignified with the title of "peace process". It's a cave-in, a surrender, a defeat.

The new Pakistani government, like all previous Pakistani civilian governments is powerless to bring the military under democratic control.

The Pakistani military, especially the ISI, sees itself as the rightful rulers of Pakistan (and they aspire to rule Bangladesh, Kashmir, Afghanistan and who knows where else) and they allow the elections and government to sit in offices and get ignored, simply because that is the way to keep the aid and IMF bailout billions of dollars from the West coming. It's a sham government which is allowed only limited authority by the state, certainly not over military policy.

The Pakistani military state is the enemy we face in Afghanistan and the sooner NATO understands that and confronts Pakistan for its continuing support of the Taliban, the sooner this war will be won.

Last edited:
Obama's counsel of despair. US forces drawdown or ROUT?

Where is Obama's drawdown leading to for Afghanistan?

Could a feeling of strategic despair pervading the White House mean President Obama's drawdown plan could turn into an unseemly rout of US and other NATO-ISAF forces?

New York Times: U.S. Considers Faster Pullout in Afghanistan

President Obama, frustrated in his dealings with President Karzai, is considering speeding up troop withdrawals from Afghanistan and even leaving no American troops after 2014

WASHINGTON —

Mr. Obama is committed to ending America’s military involvement in Afghanistan by the end of 2014, and Obama administration officials have been negotiating with Afghan officials about leaving a small “residual force” behind. But his relationship with Mr. Karzai has been slowly unraveling, and reached a new low after an effort last month by the United States to begin peace talks with the Taliban in Qatar.

Mr. Karzai promptly repudiated the talks and ended negotiations with the United States over the long-term security deal that is needed to keep American forces in Afghanistan after 2014.

A videoconference between Mr. Obama and Mr. Karzai designed to defuse the tensions ended badly, according to both American and Afghan officials with knowledge of it. Mr. Karzai, according to those sources, accused the United States of trying to negotiate a separate peace with both the Taliban and their backers in Pakistan, leaving Afghanistan’s fragile government exposed to its enemies.

It looks to me like President Obama is getting some "Dark Counsel" as regards pulling out from Afghanistan.

First to explain the phrase "Dark Counsel". Have you seen Lord of the Rings? Remember King Theoden and his adviser, Grima Wormtongue, who told him he was weak, could not fight and hope to win, turned out Grima was secretly an agent for Saruman?

m5p5.jpg

OK remember now? That's "dark counsel".

So who is giving Obama, "dark counsel", who is his Grima Wormtongue?

Well maybe a lady called Robin Raphel, a former agent for Pakistan, a Washington Lobbyist in the pay of the Pakisan state. Obama has taken her on into her team, in charge of non-military aid to Pakistan, that's billions of dollars worth.

yt1h.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Wikipedia: Robin Raphel
Robin Lynn Raphel (born 1947) is a career diplomat who is currently the coordinator for non-military assistance to Pakistan with the rank of ambassador.

She was appointed by President Clinton as first Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia, a newly created position, where her tenure was highly controversial. Regularly throughout her career, Raphel was described as being "warm" to totalitarian and military regimes, such as the the military governments in Pakistan, and conversely "cool" towards human rights considerations.

Her tenure as Assistant Secretary for Near East and South Asian Affairs was marked by perceived hostility towards India and Afghanistan, and "warmth" towards Pakistan and the Taliban, as was extensively documented by the media.

Famously, Raphel was hostile towards the Northern Alliance including its leader Ahmed Shah Massoud who she personally pressured to yield to the Taliban.

Raphel openly promoted the complete Taliban takeover of all of Afghanistan, until the events of 9/11. Some scholars believe that her perceived "favoritism" towards Pakistan and the Taliban indirectly, if peripherally, contributed to causing 9/11.

One commonly-cited factor was her aggressive promotion of Unocal's proposal for the Afghanistan Oil Pipeline, which would have required the defeat of the Northern Alliance.

As to U.S. relations with India, the largest and most prosperous state in the region, her tenure was marked as the the "darkest chapter since the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971".

Upon her dismissal from the Assistant Secretary position by President Clinton and her transfer to the backwater post of Ambassador to Tunisia, U.S. relations with India were reported to have "improved overnight".

She also served as a member of the Iraq Reconstruction Team during the Bush administration. She retired from the state department in 2005 after 30 years of service.

She soon became a lobbyist for Pakistan at Cassidy & Associates, a Washington lobbying form that was employed by the Government of Pakistan at an annual retainer of $1.2 million.

Raphel has been the senior Vice President at the National Defense University in Washington.

The Obama Administration appointed Robin Raphel as a member of the team of the late Richard Holbrooke, the Special Representative to the Af-Pak region.

Raphel is the enemy within. I would not let this woman within a mile of the White House, but there again, I'm not King Theoden, I mean, President Obama.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9eRkdIeuk"]YouTube: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) - Gandalf Releases Theoden[/ame]

No-one in Pakistan voted for the Pakistani military but they keep calling the shots as regards deciding to keep their military intelligence agency, the ISI, sponsoring the Taliban.

There's no "peace process" with a Pakistani military which is determined to regain control of Afghanistan as a vassal state of a Pakistani empire lorded over by the Taliban for and on behalf of their ISI masters. There's a pullout-and-surrender-Afghanistan-to-its-fate process under way. That shameful capitulation to Pakistan should not be dignified with the title of "peace process". It's a cave-in, a surrender, a defeat.

The new Pakistani government, like all previous Pakistani civilian governments is powerless to bring the military under democratic control.

The Pakistani military, especially the ISI, sees itself as the rightful rulers of Pakistan (and they aspire to rule Bangladesh, Kashmir, Afghanistan and who knows where else) and they allow the elections and government to sit in offices and get ignored, simply because that is the way to keep the aid and IMF bailout billions of dollars from the West coming. It's a sham government which is allowed only limited authority by the state, certainly not over military policy.

The Pakistani military state is the enemy we face in Afghanistan and the sooner NATO understands that and confronts Pakistan for its continuing support of the Taliban, the sooner this war will be won.

This is what we are telling the world from the last few decades and now when they have been bitten by this snake, the west their ally during the war on soviets and then on terror are realizing the real 'Terrorist',but still patience is in our nature certainly not mine but in general Indian and we will still give them a chance.No country in world has suffered more than India due to terrorism.We are fighting terrorism since 60's and after Afgan war in 1989 it become more deadly.Even toady daily attacks happen in Kashmir which are hardly reported as they have become the part of life of the people.

However the monster Pakis have created is now threatening their own existence we only have to wait n watch.

by remaining in field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh?

Do you mean -

Question: How do we beat the Taliban in Afghanistan / Pakistan (and win the war on terror)

Answer: by remaining in field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

I think we need better generals with a better strategy than that.

Condi Rice to India. Pakistan a "state sponsor of terror"

This is what we are telling the world from the last few decades and now when they have been bitten by this snake, the west their ally during the war on soviets and then on terror are realizing the real 'Terrorist',but still patience is in our nature certainly not mine but in general Indian and we will still give them a chance.No country in world has suffered more than India due to terrorism.We are fighting terrorism since 60's and after Afgan war in 1989 it become more deadly.Even toady daily attacks happen in Kashmir which are hardly reported as they have become the part of life of the people.

However the monster Pakis have created is now threatening their own existence we only have to wait n watch.

I have something to say regarding the issue of patience with Pakistan but first this report about Condoleezza Rice speaking in India recently.

Hindustan Times said:
State sponsors of terror have to clean up their act, says Condoleezza

The leadership of countries that practice “embedded terrorism” – state sponsored terrorism – have to be told they must “clean up”, said former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit. The US policy towards state sponsors of terrorism, she said, which includes Pakistan, has been to say “you don’t have an option” about dealing with this terrorism.

Condi_Hindustantimes.jpg

Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice speaks during the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2013 in New Delhi.

Rice, who delivered the keynote address at the summit’s second day, said one has to be nuanced in responding to state-sponsored terror. Pakistan is a country that turns a blind eye to groups within its borders who practice terrorism, Rice noted. But their system can be mobilised to take action against terrorists with the right pressure and persuasion.

“I came here after the Mumbai attacks and then told (former) Pakistani president Asif Ali Zardari: what has happened here is clearly unacceptable and Pakistan is responsible,” said Rice. She admitted this does not work quickly. “This is a long-term problem, it can’t be turned around quickly but over decades.”

Rice, one of the authors of the Indo-US nuclear deal, said that the Indo-US relationship “was without limits” because the two countries shared both common interests and values.

She listed some of the interests she saw shared by India and the US: a world safe from terrorism, stability in South and Central Asia, energy security, preserving an international system based on rule of law.
For the full story visit the Hindustan Times website via this link
http://tinyurl.com/CondiToIndia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbs-hZ8xl_0"]Video recalling the visit of Condoleezza Rice to India after the Mumbai terrorist attack.[/ame]

Condoleezza Rice is like a provost of the whole world! Condi handed over the provost job at Stanford University to one of her helpers long ago, though she still works as a professor at Stanford.

I do wish Condi would not be so patient with Pakistan though. I don't think the world can afford to wait decades for Pakistan to put its own house in order. I don't think the Pakistani politicians are strong enough when faced with an obstinate Pakistani state which sees some purpose in sponsoring terrorism.

I would like in future to hear of Condi recommending that the world take a much tougher approach with Pakistan, an "iron fist" approach, so to speak, led by the US and its NATO allies, and hopefully with India's support, to force Pakistan more quickly to confront the state sponsors of terrorism - generals and former generals of the Pakistani military who dictate military policy behind the scenes in Pakistan.

This could involve suspending aid to Pakistan, international arrest warrants for those state-sponsors of terror Pakistani generals and former generals, raids like the raid to get Bin Laden but against those in the Pakistani state who were sheltering Bin Laden, assassination missions against those terror generals and former generals, more drone attacks, targeted missile or bombing air raids, seizing control over Pakistan's satellite broadcasting to call for the arrest of all involved in sponsoring terror and so on.

I would not heed any complaints from the Pakistani state which is not putting its own house in order. I would not be impressed by any threats Pakistan made about blocking supplies into Afghanistan. We would like the honest people in the Pakistan military to take action against those in the Pakistani military, such as the ISI, who have long been dishonest sponsors of terrorism.

The world needs to pressure Pakistan to make the reality that for the honest Pakistani military it will be an easier course of action to confront their dishonest comrades than daring to confront the rest of the world about any actions we take to raise the pressure on Pakistan.

I would even be prepared to raise military tensions to a level that was last seen in the Cuban missile crisis with US forces on high military alert.

No I would not like to see a nuclear war which would hurt many Pakistani civilians. We love the people of Pakistan but it is in their interests for someone to take a tough stance against the state sponsors of terrorism in Pakistan because that terrorism is, as often as not, turned against the people of Pakistan with their own politicians and leaders being targeted.

The exact measures to be taken are not really my point. Those are up for discussion and modification as required.

My real point is the pressure on Pakistan needs to be stepped up 100 fold by the West led by the US and NATO and with the support of India. No more softly, softly.

This would be my advice to our dearly beloved Condoleezza Rice. No-one inspires me more than she. No-one is better placed to decide on what is good advice and what is not. I trust her judgement but I want her to hear my advice.

AfPak Mission links

afpakmissionart.jpg

AfPak Mission logo - the AfPak Mission is inspired by the leadership of Condoleezza Rice

AfPak Mission channel http://www.youtube.com/user/AfpakMission

AfPak Mission twitter http://twitter.com/AfPakMission

AfPak Mission forum http://scot.tk/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

AfPak Mission flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/afpakmission/

AfPak Mission blog http://peterdow.wordpress.com/category/afghanistan/

The problem with pakistan is that they are in total denial and they are pathological liars.
They can't see the world like it want to be seen.They make up their own versions of the stories and believes that ****.
Their inferiority complex w r t India can be seen in many forums or news shows for example: this recent news when the mars orbiter was launched by India,they started comparing their 60 km range missile test with the technological advancement of mars orbiter.
Many in pakistan follows the so called strategic/defense experts who are utter nonsense and jokers.One very famous Pakistani "Expert" zaid hamid claimed in 2009 that the pakistani will reach moon in 5 yrs.He even claimed that the army of Islamic fighters sent by Muhammad on white horse and swords fought alongside Pakistani army against India in 1965 war and they still lost.
They blame India,USA and Israel for everything for what's been happening there.
Even if some sane voice rises up and try to wake them he is thrown out as traitor.
They even kicked out their lone nobel winner outta country.
The problem is pakistan is not the country but an unorganized crowd with nukes.
It is a disorganized lot of sorry a$$ who doesn't know their history, present and future.

How to beat the Taliban and islamist terrorism? Close the islamic religious schools and give the children a western styled education. Islamic terrorism will dry up.

How to beat the Taliban and islamist terrorism? Close the islamic religious schools and give the children a western styled education. Islamic terrorism will dry up.
How do you make the Pakistan state "close the islamic religious schools" or at least reform them so that they are moderate Islamic schools and not jihadi islamist terrorist-training schools producing recruits for the Taliban and other islamist terrorist groups?

The point you are missing is that the Pakistani state is happy to have schools, colleges and universities churning out new recruits for the Taliban and islamist terrorism. The Pakistani state is especially happy because Saudi Arabia will pay for those jihadi schools, colleges and universities because that means that the Pakistani military can spend Pakistan's education budget on the military instead, spend money that should be spent on good teachers and schools instead on nuclear weapons and missiles and other military items to make Pakistan a great imperial power or at least as big and powerful as India is.

How do you force the Pakisani state to do something, anything it doesn't want to do?

You must not live in a dream world where you imagine that the Pakistani state wants to stop the Taliban or islamist terrorism. Don't either dream that Saudi Arabia wants to stop paying for it. They don't want to stop. They want to keep going the way they are going now.

Even if some or even most of the elected Pakistani politicians would like to stop islamist terrorism and stop the Taliban they dare not try to do it otherwise the Pakistani generals and former generals who dictate military policy behind the scenes will send an assassin after those brave politicians like they sent an assassin after Malala.

Your ideas of just wishing for something to happen of its own accord are being unrealistic and unless we speak more realistically we will be making sure terrorism goes on for ever, and the Taliban go on forever, unless we agree to massively increase pressure on Pakistan to force it to act, using all means necessary.

So where is the pressure on Pakistan to come from? I know. I've explained how in this topic, but you are turning a blind eye to what needs to be done to force Pakistan to act.

And really it is millions upon millions of people like you who don't want to apply massive pressure to Pakistan and to Saudi Arabia which is keeping terrorism going.

So innocents are dying at the hands of islamist terrorists and the Taliban because you lot won't agree to raise the pressure on Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, massively.

So the status quo and a shameful peace process with the Taliban is partly the fault of wishful thinking but doing nothing to make it happen. So you may be very wrong, not because you want to close extremist, jihadi, terrorist-training so-called "Islamic" schools - that's a great idea - but you'd be wrong if you didn't support the massive pressure needed to make Pakistan and Saudi Arabia do that, to turn your great idea into reality.

And in a military forum when we say "massive pressure" and "all means necessary" we mean war.

So are you up for a war against Pakistan, to force Pakistan to stop sponsoring the Taliban and islamist terrorism and a war against Saudi Arabia to stop them paying for it all, because that is what it will take?

So we need a war against Pakistan to force Pakistan to stop sponsoring terrorism.

We need a war against Saudi Arabia to stop it paying for it all, but while we are at it, we might as well set our war aim to eliminate Saudi Arabia as a country altogether and replace that kingdom by one or more democratic republics of Arabia, as suits the Arabs, whatever they'd like to have, except Saudi Arabia which must go.

War, war, war and now. Enough of this softy, softly and wishing for things that won't happen on their own. WAR!

Last edited:
Yeah, go to war with the kingdom, that'll guarantee the entire Islamic world doesn't retaliate in kind. But hey, what do you care, it's not your azz on the line. All so we can get bogged down in yet more decades long insurgencies with neither the money nor the capability to prosecute such things. Won't it be fun to see the entire world economy collapse when all the money is spent on more wars for the contractors and corporations to get rich on! Better yet, let's have even more of our rights and freedoms trampled on so we can be told where to go, what to do, and how to act because of even more trumped up charges of "terrorism" and the illusion of security.

If you're so intent on getting into wars, feel free to purchase the appropriate equipment and arms and go fight it on your own dime and time. How many wars have you fought in again? Oh that's right, you haven't...I suppose you expect guys like me to do the dirty work for you?

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Seriously? Are you on drugs? Or are you just stupid? These are honest questions I have.

@Peter Dow

I told here from in the beginning that you can't win that war with military means. A 16 year old Pakistan schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai knows it: she told the UN that books and pens scare extremists. I called it education.

The problem is that the UN appaluded here but took no action. Many textbooks in Muslim countries do not comply to the UN standards, worse, they promote violence.

Pakistan should be treated with the carrot and stick approach. The stick being sanctions, not military intervention. Do not forget that Pakistan has THE bomb.

Yeah, go to war with the kingdom,
The Saudi Kingdom? There's more than one kingdom sponsoring terrorism against us, but the Saudi kingdom is the worst, the top of my list for regime change.

Arguably Iran (not a kingdom officially, but an "Islamic republic" officially, though the Iranian supreme Ayatollah tends to have monarchical powers) is as much or more of a sponsor of terrorism than the Saudis but at least our side views the Iranian regime with suspicion, has imposed sanctions, whereas our side are falling over themselves to sell stuff to the Saudis so it's with the Saudis where the bigger change in our strategy is required.

that'll guarantee the entire Islamic world doesn't retaliate in kind.
If and when we control satellite broadcasting across the entire Islamic world then we'll be in more of a position to guarantee who they retaliate in kind against.

If we tell the Islamic world on satellite TV to retaliate in kind against the Saudis for sponsoring terrorism, most of the victims of whom have been Muslims then they'll retaliate in kind against the Saudis, not against us.

But hey, what do you care,
I care, you care, we all care. It's not caring but how well you care in practice. Whether you care in a hand-wringing wishful-thinking kind of way that never wins the war and allows the killing of innocents to go as before, or whether I care in a strategic way that stops terrorism and secures the peace when the wars are won.

it's not your azz on the line.
All of us in our homelands are on the line. US 9/11 and London 7/7 terrorist attacks proved that.

All so we can get bogged down in yet more decades long insurgencies with neither the money nor the capability to prosecute such things.
Getting bogged down is what happens when you have a weak strategy or weak leadership in the implementation of a reasonable strategy.

The Bush doctrine was a good strategy which has suffered weak leadership in its implementation, especially by the military leadership of the Pentagon and NATO and European country defence ministries like the UK ministry of defence.

The problem is that too much money, billions of dollars, has been spent by the West, funding state sponsors of terrorism like Egypt and Pakistan while spending too much on buying oil from state sponsors of terrorism like Saudi Arabia.

If we spent less and actually fought our enemies instead of giving them tons of our own cash, we'd have won this war long ago.

If we quit sponsoring Pakistan and Egypt and seize the Saudi oil fields we'll have plenty of money and the enemy will have much less money to spend on terrorism.

Won't it be fun to see the entire world economy collapse when all the money is spent on more wars for the contractors and corporations to get rich on!
It's not how much we spend on war, it's whether we spend it wisely according to a good strategy or foolishly on building up the strength of our enemies.

Better yet, let's have even more of our rights and freedoms trampled on so we can be told where to go, what to do, and how to act because of even more trumped up charges of "terrorism" and the illusion of security.
Well where do you want to go and how do you want to act that you think I'd be in favour of stopping you do that to prosecute the war on terror?

If you're so intent on getting into wars, feel free to purchase the appropriate equipment and arms and go fight it on your own dime and time.
I don't live in a state that defends my right to bear arms. If I was armed then the local police would arrest me. Hell, they arrest me just for carrying a British flag to observe a 2 minutes silence in respect of the victims of 7/7 London bombing.

London bombings: I was handcuffed & jailed for trying to observe a 2 minutes silence for victims

Now if that's the sort of oppressive police state you are concerned about then I'd share your concerns. But that again is what happens when you have a very badly led state with a failing strategy to combat terrorism, fight crime, manage the economy etc.

How many wars have you fought in again? Oh that's right, you haven't...
And that's why it is taking so long to win. why we've suffered so many casualties. The military are not including me around the high command's strategy discussions table. My strategy advice has never been followed.

I suppose you expect guys like me to do the dirty work for you?
No, I don't expect you to be at all helpful in the war on terror, other than be someone for me to argue against.

The first thing I'd ask you to do, to help win our wars, would be to change your forum avatar to something other than Baghdad Bob, Saddam's information minster, because the lies told about us by the likes of him are the most important reason the enemy is able to keep any support.

Enemy propaganda costs lives, 4000 US soldiers in Iraq are dead because too many people for too many years believed Saddam's lies.

By displaying a Baghdad Bob avatar like he is simply a source of amusement shows how you fail to appreciate the strategy of war.

I don't expect you to change your avatar but that's what you should do first if you'd like to help win this war.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Seriously? Are you on drugs? Or are you just stupid? These are honest questions I have.
I'm a scientist. I have a computer science degree from the university of Edinburgh (1982) and I have my own website and forum where I have custom modified the software using my programming skills. Now that's a lot harder to do than posting in forums or on facebook and twitter, which even quite stupid people can do.

Last edited:
A Scientist? A scientist banned from the grounds of the Aberdeen University,...

I couldn’t attend any of the British Science Festival events not being welcome on the university premises by the local powers-that-be but I was able to display my board on the public street around the University of Aberdeen, Old Aberdeen campus.
So it was very nice to speak to a few of my fellow scientists in person after being excluded from university all these years and left to rot in isolation without a second thought like the authorities were putting out the garbage or a stray dog.
Garbage?... Obviously it seems that the Aberdeen University are a wake up to you.

Other than make your own website, (Wow, six year old stuff), as a computer scientist, what major international projects have you been involved in. Personally I don't see your website as being anything more than very basic, perhaps unsophisticated would be a better word.

Last edited:
You have a massive lack of understanding of the Middle East based off of the content of your post. You've also got a very large case of narcissism as well.

As for me not helping the war on terror...I've spent my entire adult life prosecuting or preparing to prosecute the war on terror.I've got more than words invested in this fight. How many friends have you lost to the wars? How many patrols have you pulled? How many civilian body bags have you filled as a byproduct of this war? How dare you pretend you assume the same level of risk as soldiers assume protecting your selfish ass. I argue with you on GWOT because your ideas are idiotic and will only get people killed that shouldn't be killed. Having the kind of fervor for war you express is dangerous and reeks of not understanding how terrible war is.

As for Baghdad Bob, I think I'll keep him. I was one of the soldiers that shut that guy up. I was one of the soldiers that took Baghdad while he was saying we were committing suicide at the gates of the city. He motivated us to fight harder simply so we could shut him up....and we did. Since you likely have borderline personality disorder or Asperger's syndrome or both you wouldn't understand the context in which I have this avatar. That's also probably why you don't listen to anyone who actually has experience in these matters and have become fixated to the point of obsession about doing it your way. We have this thing called the freedom do speech and the freedom of expression. This keeps *******s like you from being able to censure things that make you uncomfortable. That's the point...the truth can get real uncomfortable sometimes and we need to be allowed to say those uncomfortable things no matter how much they are disagreeable. I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand.

@Peter Dow

I told here from in the beginning that you can't win that war with military means.
You'd be better telling our incompetent generals and those who appointed them that we can't win this war quickly with a poor military strategy and they ought to read what Peter Dow has published to learn about strategy.

I can win this war fairly quickly if put in charge of running it but then, I have a strategy to do so, and that's the difference.

A 16 year old Pakistan schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai knows it: she told the UN that books and pens scare extremists. I called it education.
We love Malala!

The post you are replying to, my post #170, was not the first time I had posted about Malala in this thread, see my posts #18 and #26.

So I had mentioned Malala in 3 posts and was the only person to mention her here before you did.

Of the currently 4 uploaded videos to my AfPak Mission channel, 3 of them feature Malala! Only one video right now does not feature Malala!

The AfPak Mission uploaded videos.

The first line of the About section of the AfPak channel reads

"The channel that LOVES Malala!" :love:

So supporting Malala's aims for education are important for my AfPak Mission and this war but in terms of an overall strategy to win this war, the one AfPak Mission video which does not feature Malala is the one video with the war winning strategy - this one -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXMHnu-7ZZk"]the one video which does not feature Malala is the video with the war winning strategy[/ame]
not the 3 videos with Malala in them.

The targeting of Malala by the Taliban, and our fierce opposition to the Taliban for doing so, helps to clarify for the people of Pakistan that we have a shared enemy in the Taliban and they should join with us in war against the Taliban.

That's the importance of Malala in this war.

This war is not to scare extremists with books and pens but to crush Taliban extremists and their Pakistani military sponsors of Taliban extremists, arresting all their political leaders and media spokespersons and to capture and kill all of their fighters.

The danger of not following my strategy is that what happens is what did happen that the UK media, and maybe other western media, then gave prominence to the Taliban's reply to Malala. The BBC evening news led with the Taliban's views. It was like a party political propaganda broadcast by the Taliban.

For the purposes of winning this war, we do not want to know what the Taliban have to say in reply to Malala nor about anything, we want the Taliban dead or imprisoned and kept well away from the media.

The media are naive and Malala is naive about fighting wars. We love our media and we love Malala but we don't expect them to provide our war strategy.

The problem is that the UN appaluded here but took no action.
Malala offered no appropriate action against the Taliban for the UN to take in her speech. It is not to be expected that Malala would have a carefully worked out strategy to protect other Pakistani girls from being shot in the head when she didn't have a strategy to protect herself from being shot in the head in the first place.

Many textbooks in Muslim countries do not comply to the UN standards, worse, they promote violence.
Right and again the question is how do we get all those books burned and replaced by books which are up to UN standards and I've answered that question - war.

Pakistan should be treated with the carrot and stick approach.
Pakistan has had billions of dollars in carrots and no sticks. They've had far too many carrots and don't need any more carrots.

The stick being sanctions, not military intervention. Do not forget that Pakistan has THE bomb.
Sanctions can and should play a part but military intervention can and should play a part too. Our drone strikes in Pakistan are military intervention in Pakistan, as was the raid to get Bin Laden. We've already begun a war in Pakistan though at a very low level of intensity. We need to up the intensity of our war inside Pakistan somewhat without going over the top.

I've not forgotten that Pakistan has nuclear weapons but it is much more important that the people and military of Pakistan do not forget for one waking moment of their lives that we have more and bigger nuclear weapons with a longer range and more accuracy and exactly what our nuclear weapons could do to the military and infrastructure of Pakistan if we were obliged to use our nuclear weapons in anger.

To make the nuclear truth extremely clear to Pakistan, we must seize control over satellite broadcasting into Pakistan so we can scare the living daylights out of Pakistanis, especially the military, with the cold hard truth about nuclear weapons.

If Pakistan is appropriately forewarned about how their use of nuclear weapons would very badly back-fire for them then they won't use their nukes and so we can take appropriate military action and intervention to win the war.

Last edited:
A Scientist? A scientist banned from the grounds of the Aberdeen University,...

Garbage?... Obviously it seems that the Aberdeen University are a wake up to you.
I got my first science degree in 1982 years before I attended Aberdeen university in 1990 as a post-graduate student, and I did register at Aberdeen University at their invitation and came 4th in the first term's class exams out of a class of about 20 and initially offered a diploma after one year so I was not put out like garbage initially. It was only when I started to speak out that they called their lawyers who then treated me like garbage to be put out without a 2nd thought.

We shouldn't judge people simply because others have. How do we judge Jesus today - the same way he was judged by the Roman governor Pilate who sentenced him to be crucified as a criminal?

Now that was the Roman Empire but the UK, the anti-British empire, ruled over by the House of Windsor, today's monarch, Queen Elizabeth, treats its best scientists, patriots and freedom fighters very badly.

For example, consider the case of Alan Turing, the British computer scientist who decoded the Nazis secret enigma codes which gave us a war-winning advantage over the Nazis in world war 2.

Well after the war, Turing was judged and harassed by the UK authorities and driven to suicide, despite all that he done for the British people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIxq03PUTU]Hey USA! Why not help us get republics? Me mentioning how the UK treated its patriot scientists like Alan Turing.[/ame]

That's the UK for you. It treats its best people like garbage.

Other than make your own website, (Wow, six year old stuff),
No it isn't. A clever six year old might be up to posting on twitter and facebook and maybe here but could not program a webpage in HTML.

This is HTML from the home page of my website at http://scot.tk

Code:
<FRAMESET ROWS="25,*" BORDER=0>
      <FRAME NAME="headline" SRC="headline.htm" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
      <FRAMESET COLS="100,*">
            <FRAME NAME="menu" SRC="menu.htm" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
            <FRAMESET ROWS="53,*">
                  <FRAMESET COLS="564,36,*">
                   <FRAME NAME="search" SRC="partiesmenu.htm" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
                   <FRAME NAME="auto" SRC="autoplay.htm" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
                   <FRAME NAME="mirror" SRC="freedomlowrefresh.htm" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
                  </FRAMESET>

<FRAME NAME="dualpage" SRC="dualpage.htm" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
            </FRAMESET>

</FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>

And HTML is the simplest markup language.

For more complicated pages, such as you see in forums like this you need to use script languages like this

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
if ( 0 )
{
window.open('privmsg.php?mode=newpm&sid=1e52ddb23647cf3bc05e495cf9ccc115', '_phpbbprivmsg', 'HEIGHT=225,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');
}
//-->
</script>

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
if ( parent.menu ) window.open('rewritemenuloggedin.php?sid=1e52ddb23647cf3bc05e495cf9ccc115', 'menu');
//-->
</script>

and to modify the forum features you need to program in server side programming languages such as PHP, like this

Code:
if( $total_users == 0 )
{
	$l_total_user_s = $lang['Registered_users_zero_total'];
}
else if( $total_users == 1 )
{
	$l_total_user_s = $lang['Registered_user_total'];
}
else
{
	$l_total_user_s = $lang['Registered_users_total'];
}

and to modify the forum database you need to embed into the PHP a database language such as MySQL which looks like this

Code:
		$sql = "SELECT f.*, p.post_time, p.post_username, u.username, u.user_id, 				pt.post_subject, t.topic_title
			FROM (((( " . FORUMS_TABLE . " f
			LEFT JOIN " . POSTS_TABLE . " p ON p.post_id = f.forum_last_post_id )
			LEFT JOIN " . USERS_TABLE . " u ON u.user_id = p.poster_id )
			LEFT JOIN " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt ON pt.post_id = p.post_id )
			LEFT JOIN " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t ON t.topic_last_post_id = p.post_id AND t.topic_status < 2 )
			ORDER BY f.cat_id, f.forum_order";
		break;
	}
	if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
	{
		message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not query forums information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
	}

So it's well beyond the capability of a six year old or most others in this forum I would expect.

as a computer scientist, what major international projects have you been involved in.
I don't work as a computer scientist. The only paid employment I did in that regard was to be employed as a college lecturer in mathematics and computing from 1984 to 1986.

I then chose to pursue the application of computing and other sciences in medicine and that's when I went to Aberdeen university and although started well first term, only got offered the diploma before being put out like garbage and my career wrecked, because I dared to express opinions of my own which differed from the professors who ran things who wanted me out of the building and therefore called the police and lawyers to make that happen.

Personally I don't see your website as being anything more than very basic, perhaps unsophisticated would be a better word.
Well you should check out my forum at http://figh.tk which has some unique features to it. It can't do some things that today's professionally produced forum software can do, which has been worked on by a company of programmers, whereas the unique features of my forum, compared to the 2005 era phpBB2 software which it is based on, were coded by me alone.

Last edited:
Your "knowledge" is 20 years out of date, it's all basic stuff easily outshone by a large number of school children many of whom have had no formal training whatsoever. If you were even one tenth as smart as you imagine, you would have coded your own site rather than merely altering an old version of someone else's code.
Wow!,.... I never even saw a computer until I was in my mid 40s but have used MySQL for many years with SMF as do many people not using XAAMP or similar. You are a complete fraud, living in the past where idiots like yourself tried to convince others that all this basic stuff was akin to Black magic.

So much for your Degree. It appears that your reputation in your own chosen field is a standing joke among your peers and superiors, ignored and despised by your own relatives, frequently described as a "Serial Pest". No amount of self aggrandisement will fix that. Not here, or in the real world, your total ignorance of any form of understanding of that which you comment on is glaringly apparent to even the most inexperienced readers.

From what I read it would seem you have rarely ever actually held down a paying job of any sort, preferring to see yourself as a (completely ignored) advisor to others. Typical of those who can't manage their own lives, you feel your expertise is in trying to tell others how to ru(i)n theirs.

Baron Munchhausen would blush in your company.... I'd put money on the fact that you are most likely a chronic sufferer of Aspergers Syndrome and you are off your medication.

Last edited:
Your "knowledge" is 20 years too late, it's all basic stuff easily outshone by a large number of school children many of whom have had no formal training whatsoever. If you were even one tenth as smart as you imagine, you would have coded your own site rather than merely altering an old version of someone else's code.

It appears that your reputation in your own chosen field is complete rubbish among your peers and superiors, ignored and despised by your own relatives, frequently described as a "Serial Pest". No amount of self aggrandisement will fix that. Not here, or in the real world, your total ignorance of any form of understanding of that which you comment on is glaringly apparent to even the most inexperienced readers.

From what I read it would seem you have rarely ever actually held down a paying job of any sort, preferring to see yourself as a (completely ignored) advisor to others. Typical of those who can't manage their own lives, you feel your expertise is in trying to tell others how to run theirs.

Baron Munchhausen would blush in your company.... I'd put money on the fact that you are most likely a chronic sufferer of Aspergers Syndrome and you are off your medication.

That last sentence strikes at the heart of it all.

He appears to be a mentally unstable individual that is not operating in the same reality as the rest of society. It is really quite sad when you think about it. Imagine what would happen in the world if he was able to have his way...

Last edited:
That last sentence strikes at the heart of it all.

He appears to be a mentally unstable individual that is not operating in the same reality as the rest of society. It is really quite sad when you think about it. Imagine what would happen in the world if he was able to have his way...

His only real attribute of any note is that he has the hide of a rhinoceros,... anyone else would die of shame to be shown to be such a fool so regularly, unfortunately he also shares the looks, poor sight and complete lack of logical thought of the same animal.

Last edited:
Back