Home Defence

From Britain comes this interesting snippet:
Guidelines ordering police to respond to emergency calls within three hours and to attend less urgent incidents such as burglaries within three days have been drawn up by the Home Office.
So, when seconds count, the police will be only three hours/days away?
Perhaps it’s to give the victims of crime some time to bury the body of the goblin:
Homeowners and ‘have-a go-heroes’ will be handed more legal protection to defend themselves against burglars and muggers without the fear of prosecution, the Government claimed last night.
Under new laws that came into effect yesterday, police and prosecutors must give greater weight to whether people were acting ‘in the heat of the moment’ to defend themselves or their property.
Just a moment while I check on something.
pigsflying.jpg

Nope: just my imagination. The Brits really are screwed.

Sorry Del Boy.

Some of these calls are from folk in their homes under bombardment by mobs of kids. In desperation, one guy eventually ran out with a slat of wood to disperse a crowd and was later arrested, for taking the law into his own hands. This is why we complain that the police have abandoned the streets.

Some of these calls are from folk in their homes under bombardment by mobs of kids. In desperation, one guy eventually ran out with a slat of wood to disperse a crowd and was later arrested, for taking the law into his own hands. This is why we complain that the police have abandoned the streets.

I am truly sorry to hear this, bro.

Seriously, the Brits are good people with a long tradition. Letting crime take over your country is unacceptable. Y'all seriously need to band together and send a message to your leaders that current states of affair are pathetic and punish only those trying to live legal, honorable lives.

Repeal your gun laws and invoke the Texas Castle Doctrine. There won't be roving bands of POS teenagers ganging up murdering a soldier (remember that story?) if a few of 'em ended up ventilated.

one squaddie got arrested for decking a chav lad who had kicked his car. was forced to pay £500 and apologize.

ended up that the guys on the ARRSE forums paid it for him.

our police force has everything the wrong way round.

Florida Castle Doctrine Law.

'Nuff Said.....

I wasn't impressed with FL CD law. I was there in Punta Gorda not long ago, and two guys were giving my, ummm, lady friend a hard time about accessing their alleged property through her easement.

I told Laurie to stay inside and I'd go unlock the gate, which I did. Of course, I was armed. Since these two looked like the a-typical Phoenix City crackhead, I did a Mexican tuck at 4 o'clock. Given my impression of them, I figured that deterrence was the better discretion than allowing them to start something I was prepared to finish if push came to shove and CCW.

I went and unlocked the gate, and they both stopped and actually asked me if I was a cop. I asked them why they'd ask that, and they referenced my piece. I simply told them that it was my legal right to be armed. The look in their eyes clearly told me that they'd never met anyone they knew was armed before.

I'm not dissing FL laws, but I do know this: In AZ and TX, people EXPECT you to be armed. When I find out that someone is carrying, I don't bat an eyelash. Who isn't armed here besides the liberal victims? Criminals look for liberals and target them. Guys like me don't get bothered in the worst of neighborhoods.

I'd have to infer that TX isn't that much different, where you can shoot a MF breaking into your neighbor's house after dark.

True, y'all have no duty to retreat, but that's a far cry from the freedoms we have with 2A rights.

AZ - sounds like your weapon was sufficient deterrent. I remember in the wild days of the US riots, in the bad areas, the Korean shopkeepersd made themselves obvious on the properties with their fierarms and that worked for them.

Currently we are losing approx 5 youngsters each day to the knife, and despite what you hear, young gangs ARE armed with very serious guns, readily available to criminals.

We are indeed letting our government know how we feel, and their votes are fast disappearing and they know it. I am optimistic that uor position and attitude will gradually become understood by our immigrant population who will then be happy to join together with us. But for this to happen, we have to stem the flow of legal and illegal immigrants of alien cultures on account of our difficulty in absorbing those we already have. Enough is more than enough.

Watch this space.

the gangs have knives, baseball bats etc.

it's not the weaponry that's the worry, it's the mentality and lack of concience. (sp?)

chavs = thugs. and these thugs have absolutely no honour at all
in the slightest.

they WILL break into your house, cut themselves on the window and then sue you for damages alongside having your TV.

yep.

one of my ideas regarding knife crime:

For every inch of knife, one finger comes off. if it's less than one inch, for every 5mm of blade, a finger.

And guns: for every bullet in the gun, two fingers are taken away.

overkill? maybe. Overkill is better than underkill.

Back