Hobbies...

true, but my car atm isn't anything special, although i plan on buying a mustang once i get settled in the Marines.

BTW jsut got bummed out bc i thought change user title was 1,000 not 2,000 :(

i have a 70 Warrior, in all Epic gear, also a 70 Shaman in all Epics ^^

If you can find a copy, try to play graphic Moria. I played one game for 1200 hours, building up my character, then plunged down 250 levels of stairs to find the Balrog, fighting Ancient Black Dragons, Holy Knights of Balrog, and various other vermin all the way. Then when I fought the Balrog, it took only three strikes of my long sword (Holy Avenger +15) to kill him. What a letdown!

:cen: :cen: :cen:

Lonnie Courtney Clay

I buy or copy drawings of antique furniture and on occasion, build a piece with period tools. I have collected a huge amount of antique hand tools over the years for faithful reproductions. I hate roccoco style, I think it must have been inspired by opium addicts.

I buy or copy drawings of antique furniture and on occasion, build a piece with period tools. I have collected a huge amount of antique hand tools over the years for faithful reproductions. I hate roccoco style, I think it must have been inspired by opium addicts.

Very interesting. What styles and periods do you prefer ? Why do you hate the roccoco?

Not that's a cool hobby!! :)

Very interesting. What styles and periods do you prefer ? Why do you hate the roccoco?

I can't really lump all pieces from one period as a favorite. The tables, desks, and some chairs between Queen Anne, 1720-1750 and Chippendale, 1750-1780 are among my favorites. Windsor sort of spans a wide period as it was incorporated into many later pieces, and still is.

William and Mary, 1689-1725 were examples of fine veneer and marquetry work, copied by Queen Anne era craftsmen. Georgian, was an era of heavy use of mahoghany and some oriental and French style. I don`t care for Chippendale because of being too ornate.

Anything Shaker is one of my top favorite styles. I guess Jacobean, 1603-1688 is right up there with Roccoco style, too heavily carved, which ruins clean lines, with all sorts of animal and plant life climbing up legs and around mirrors.

These are just a few of my likes and dislikes. If a piece from any era, even modern, strikes my fancy, I`ll hang on to a drawing of it.

I buy or copy drawings of antique furniture and on occasion, build a piece with period tools. I have collected a huge amount of antique hand tools over the years for faithful reproductions.

Now that is an admirable "hobby". I would love to think of myself as a true craftsman, however the truth is that I am just a muddler. Steel fabrication is hardly the equal of reproducing fine antique carpentry.:D

Back