GSG9 Wins World SWAT Challenge

Im sure they GSG9 are equal to just about any SF guys in the world but it would of been much more informing to have a competetion of Delta,Seals,Sas,GSG9, and those french guys i cant rember the name of.

Delta,Seals,Sas,GSG9

GSG-9 is a true police SWAT unit, if im not mistaken. The others are involved in a whole veriety of usage, hostage rescue being one and not the main one by any means.

Was the Israeli YAMAM in the competition?

I think Spetsnaz wont do well in the competition. They are good fighters but not the best counter terrorist experts. Sorry all the spetsnaz fans out there. :p

haha, the spetsnaz arent cops, theyr soldiers. and theyr trained to fight different.

oh yeah, my hometown doesnt even have a SWAT team, we barely have a PD :lol: :lol:

i just watched it on TV and they only show the GSG-9 twice, without showing there faces. Let me tell you they dominated every obstacle.

FutureDevilDog said:
My hometown of Phoenix didn't even place.

Phoenix doesnt need SWAT surely all they have to do is switch off the air conditioning and people would give up in minutes flat.

:)

Disclaimer:
This isnt an insult, we live there three months a year and I think its a great place.

SHERMAN said:
Delta,Seals,Sas,GSG9

GSG-9 is a true police SWAT unit, if im not mistaken. The others are involved in a whole veriety of usage, hostage rescue being one and not the main one by any means.

Was the Israeli YAMAM in the competition?

There are (or were) 3 parts to GSG-9. GSG-9/1 being a counter-insurgency team, GSG-9/2 are a maritime outfit and GSG-9/3 are airborne. They are not just a regular police SWAT unit. It must have been elements of Team 1 that took part in that competition.

Probably only the SAS have the same level of respect in counter-insurgency that GSG-9 enjoy.

Ive seen a few of the FBI HRT team members shoot, and there quite amazing. Another team i would of liked to seen compete.

FutureDevilDog said:
i just watched it on TV and they only show the GSG-9 twice, without showing there faces. Let me tell you they dominated every obstacle.

The members of GSG9 never show their faces in TV. So nobody knowns that they are GSG9 they just appear as regular members of the 'Bundesgrenzschutz'

Doppergaenger said:
There are (or were) 3 parts to GSG-9. GSG-9/1 being a counter-insurgency team, GSG-9/2 are a maritime outfit and GSG-9/3 are airborne.

I think you swicht GSG9 and the KSK

Jäger said:
Doppergaenger said:
There are (or were) 3 parts to GSG-9. GSG-9/1 being a counter-insurgency team, GSG-9/2 are a maritime outfit and GSG-9/3 are airborne.

I think you swicht GSG9 and the KSK

I did? I'm not an expert. I got my info from this link that lists "The Illustrated Guide to the World's Top Counter-Terrorist Forces" Samuel M. Katz ISBN 962-361-602-3, as its reference.

http://www.specwarnet.com/europe/gsg9.htm[/i]

Sherman, you are right about Sayeret Matkal being regarded right up there as well.

Back